Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canning but no toast.

We need a toaster to spread these awesome preserves our Sims make.

Comments

• Options
    RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Hmm! That seems like a perfect way for them to fix this mistake. I don't know why they thought it was ok for our sims to just eat jam out of a jar as if that's a thing. Maybe they could introduce some new kitchen appliances in a baking stuff pack and also fix the fact that some pies and cakes are not under the baking category.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Our Sims don't "Bake" a birthday cake they "Cook" a birthday cake. Makes perfect sense in the world of EA.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited July 2021
    Actually, the jam can be used for various cooking recipes.

Baking is a skill that came with Get to Work, so shifting cakes to the cooking category would result in people without the pack no longer be able to bake cakes.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited July 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Actually, the jam can be used for various cooking recipes.

Baking is a skill that came with Get to Work, so shifting cakes to the cooking category would result in people without the pack no longer be able to bake cakes.

My contention always has been that if you have Get to Work then it could update all the cakes into Baking then they are all easier to find. No GTW it stays the same. A better option is to update the skill to Base pack and move all things that are technically baking to Baking and call it a day. I bought GTW and it was 6 years ago I don't care if people would get the skill free now.

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Day 1 it should been cooking into column A and baking into column B. But this would have required thinking outside the box and EA is all about Wall Street.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    They should just add baking to base game and then move the appropriate items into that category, I would love a toaster because irl I love toast myself and would love for my sims to be able to toast the various breads, bagels, etc. it would be great to be able to to then add the jams and spreads. I would love to also be able to add birthday candles to pies 🥧. I have a couple of family members who hate cake and have birthday pie instead and it would be cool to have that in game also.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    Toast, crumpets, waffles, pancakes, croissants...
    All these delightful edible things to help ferry your jams and preserves into your belly.

And Devonshire tea. (Tea accompanied by scones with jam and cream).
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    The kitchen pack already has a gameplay mechanic for garnishing ice cream; it would make sense to use your canned goods in a similar way.