Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chicken Coop Upgrade Parts

How can we get upgrade parts for the chicken coop? I've been doing the errands for quite a few sim days and so far have no received no parts. Am I doing something wrong and is anybody else having as much bad luck with it as I am?

Comments

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited July 2021
    The errand description should mention "an upgrade part for the animal shed" as a reward, only then you will get them.
    These errands seem to be rare and sometimes you have to do multiple other errands for one sim in order to get the desired errands with that reward.

You can also cheat them in in BB by using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects
    or with cheats active shiftclick on the chickencoop there is an option to add upgrade parts or something like that.
    Just in case the errands get too frustrating ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    The errand description should mention "an upgrade part for the animal shed" as a reward, only then you will get them.
    These errands seem to be rare and sometimes you have to do multiple other errands for one sim in order to get the desired errands with that reward.

You can also cheat them in in BB by using the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects
    or with cheats active shiftclick on the chickencoop there is an option to add upgrade parts or something like that.
    Just in case the errands get too frustrating ;)

Thank you so much. I will keep at it with the errands. I just want the fox alarm so bad. :D
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Thank you so much. I will keep at it with the errands. I just want the fox alarm so bad. :D

I have a supersim in my gallery that has the instant upgrade reward when she completed the nerd brain aspiration, you can instantly upgrade an item once a day without any parts, you could download her into your game just to upgrade the item and then kick her out again ;) That is what I did LOL

I am trying to link you, but the gallery is a bit wonky on the official page. I am mcrudd in the gallery as well as here ;)

Here you go :)Supersim Nadia

mcrudd wrote: »

I have a supersim in my gallery that has the instant upgrade reward when she completed the nerd brain aspiration, you can instantly upgrade an item once a day without any parts, you could download her into your game just to upgrade the item and then kick her out again ;) That is what I did LOL

I am trying to link you, but the gallery is a bit wonky on the official page. I am mcrudd in the gallery as well as here ;)

Here you go :)Supersim Nadia

Oh thank you so much. I'm not ready to give up on trying to get them through errands just yet. It's got to give me some soon I would think.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    You get the animal upgrade part errands from only the grocery deliverer or the grocery owner. It's called Animal something

Sauce; I have fully upgraded two sheds & a coop
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
    You get the animal upgrade part errands from only the grocery deliverer or the grocery owner. It's called Animal something

Oh that explains it. I’ve mostly been doing errands from the animal keeper person. Next time I play I will be sure to try the grocery seller. Thank you so much for your help.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member

Oh that explains it. I’ve mostly been doing errands from the animal keeper person. Next time I play I will be sure to try the grocery seller. Thank you so much for your help.

NP!

As far as the errand rewards go, it's mostly;

-Animal clothing & berries (Creature Keeper)
    - Upgrade parts (Grocery peeps)
    - plants, cross-stich ,seeds & fertilizers (Agnes & Agatha)
    - Food & Berries (Pub Owner)

I have not been able to do many errands for the mayor (As she never seems to have anything other than the generic "Say hi" or "Get the gossip" quests.), so I have no idea if she has some specific rewards to her.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(

NP!

I have not been able to do many errands for the mayor (As she never seems to have anything other than the generic "Say hi" or "Get the gossip" quests.), so I have no idea if she has some specific rewards to her.

That's actually really useful information. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I just got the Animal Upgrades in the build mode, it's so much faster.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had a handy sim fully upgrade every animal shed and chicken coop in the world. One of the benefits of rotational play, my sims look out for each other.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I heard if cats eat the chicken food they leave upgrade parts
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you have testingcheats on, then Shift+Clicking the coop or shed gives an option to receive upgrade parts, as well.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Just wanted to add that if youre not interested in grinding for the upgrade parts, if you get enough satisfaction points, if you get the instant upgrade perk in the reward store it makes it so you can instantly upgrade any of the animal sheds and coop. there is a cool down between each one. I will say that I did the upgrade and sometimes it bugs out and Im still having to clean and feed my animals so beware of that if you are doing all that hard work to find the upgrade parts.
    I got some parts today thanks for all the help. I'm happy earning them through gameplay. I just didn't know what I was doing wrong. :D
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I got some parts today thanks for all the help. I'm happy earning them through gameplay. I just didn't know what I was doing wrong. :D

Yes, I'm trying to do it the hard way the first time around. Once I've done it, I'm sure I'll use the cheat to get upgrade parts in build mode. I'm still trying to get two bottles of milk for the grocery store owner. I have ageing off for my Sim, but on for all other Sims, and I'm afraid the grocery owner might die before I can fulfil her request.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

NP!

Thank you for that list. It is very helpful.
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    Just wanted to add that if youre not interested in grinding for the upgrade parts, if you get enough satisfaction points, if you get the instant upgrade perk in the reward store it makes it so you can instantly upgrade any of the animal sheds and coop. there is a cool down between each one. I will say that I did the upgrade and sometimes it bugs out and Im still having to clean and feed my animals so beware of that if you are doing all that hard work to find the upgrade parts.

Where is the instant upgrade perk? I'm not seeing it for some reason - is it called something else?
    Thank you
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @InvisibleLyndz I think they mean the handy reward trait which is won by completing the Nerd Brain aspiration.