Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which base game textures need to be updated next?

I need to say that I love new hairstyles and new hair textures but I think that a lot of hair and other items still need to have an update. What needs to be updated in your opinion?

-pictures are from the internet-

In my opinion, this "helmet" should be next:

b03771f7c6c6fa9ac00de2c30b3eea4b51612c29r1-1366-768v2_uhq.jpg

And this:

L1KmkrK.png

From BB mode, this flat dresser:

6f611c1c2c25a3c73e5425f6f26fb97b84c5097e.png

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The base game hair which is used on L. Faba has always bugged me. I know L. Faba belongs to a GP but the hair is base game.
    The other hair I would like to see updated is the first one posted in this thread.
    L._Faba.png
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I agree with all above we also need more hair colours or just give us sliders like with the makeup and be able to add streaks of colour
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The straight & wavy hairstyles needs to be fixed & there needs to be new red hair colors; strawberry blonde & burgandy red.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No, please, no more updating hairstyles :/ Just add them separately so I have a choice which one to use :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    No, please, no more updating hairstyles :/ Just add them separately so I have a choice which one to use :(

There is at least one hairstyle where I preferred the old version. Adding them separately would be a good alternative to updating them.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2021
    All hairstyles in Sims 4 need to be updated...
    The hair texture is looking like Play-Doh
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

I have my doubts that these and other straight and wavy hairstyles will ever get an update anyways. Strawberry blonde is still missing, and there is still no sign or hint about of an introduction of it. They just do repair those afro hairstyles, where the players have massive complained, nothing more or less. As I wrote, I have my doubts, but if they prove me wrong, I would happy about it.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    All basegame hairs that have fringes on them look horrific, they would need the meshes to be fixed.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    well as random thought the base game halter tops maybe... unless the purpose was to look like plastic doll clothing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

Agreed! I hate when they change pre-existing hairstyles, although I love it when they add new ones.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »

Agreed! I hate when they change pre-existing hairstyles, although I love it when they add new ones.

yeah i would prefer if they keep both options as well

i used the old awful afro for some clowns but using the new one just feels wrong cause it doesn't look awful
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member

I also agree. I wish they would give us options instead of taking things away. The second hairstyle posted is one of my favourites and the one I used on my very first sim that I made. I would be so sad if she was changed.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2021
    Alot of the Base Game clothing could be re-textured to look less bland. I've tried doing it. It's tough without a good graphics program. All I have is "Paint" and "Paintshop Pro Photo XI". Though I've seen great re-textures by some people on their CC "Base Game" clothing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png