Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watching Rabbits...

Anybody else having trouble with that feature or is it just me? I can hardly even find a rabbit let alone be able to watch 3 so that my Sim can finish her errand. Any tips?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve been getting a few at a time on my lot, maybe because I have a garden (and the fox challenge). Have you located one of their tree stumps? You can usually find a bunch at their den, and try petting them first, since it seems like they stick around longer after that.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    My farm is full of rabbits all the time. They all live in that rabbit home that you can place in your farm after you befriend one of them. I had no idea thst there would be so many of them living in there, I thought there would be only one.
    You can usually find rabbits outside the creature keepers house. That's how my Sim met her first rabbit.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    Finally had a rabbit just outside the fence of one of my two households. One of the Child Sims watched it and gained a tiny bar of green with it. I've yet to figure out just how to get Errands. I also learned what looked like a racoon, is really another type of fox. I don't like foxes, but I've got two households with the wild fox challenge. I hate the music that comes with it, as it took me a bit of time trying to sort out just what had gone awry. Finally saw a popup letting me know a fox was on the prowl. I sent a Sim to scare it off, but it managed to get into the house! Before I could figure out just how to get rid of it, (the action was gone on scaring it off), he suddenly left, thanking them for letting him hang out. Face/palm. I may have inadvertently made a friend, which can be good, since once your Sim has such a relationship, that fox will be useful in scaring off other foxes and if I read it correctly in the Lessons, won't attack your farm animals.
    But, yeah, rabbits have been on the scarce side in my game. Perhaps because of the wild foxes that abound?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @GalacticGal errands are under the friendly social when talking to a Sim with one of the town roles (the bartender, mayor, grocery stall owner, etc.)

As for the bunnies, it seems more of them show up after making friends with one. I’ve had a lot of luck gifting them eggs, produce, and flowers. Once you have a bunny in your relationship panel, you can click their picture and it gives the option to move the camera to that bunny, making them super easy to find again.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yeah, once you get started with the bunnies, they just keep coming. :) I've got only one stump on my lot and have had at least 9 or 10 different bunny friends. I'm running out of Greek poets/philosophers I know off the top of my head for names. (It's a quirk of my sim. Her hens are named after nymphs from Greek Mythology. Roosters are named after chicken or egg dishes.)

What I have had, though, is times when watching a bunny didn't count for the aspiration
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never saw a rabbit while playing a village household, but in Old New Henford a rabbit showed up on the farm lot within 2 sim hours. I saw only one, though, but it stayed for a while.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I played some more with a bunny. Did you actually watch it by clicking it, then Actions>Watch? I guess that is needed for the game to register the activity. But yeah, before doingf the clicking you of course need to run into it first :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg