Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foraging in Bramblewood & wildlife spotting

I'm having lots of trouble foraging for harvestables in Bramblewood. I've managed to find one Chocoberry plant that never seems to have any berries on it & that's it. No mushrooms or anything else. Has anyone else managed to find any?

I also see very little wildlife around; a couple of foxes & a few birds. Never seen a rabbit. What's the trick to those? I got the impression from the info about the pack that there would be more around.

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've found chocoberries, raspberries and blueberries growing in the Bramblewood ruins. I've been able to harvest them, except not raspberries. They aren't in season.
    I've had trouble finding the.nightly mushrooms. When I visited the ruins for the first time I saw the mushrooms, but they were on early stage of growth. That was the last time I saw them. They disappeared completely from the place I saw them. I tried to go there during the night few times, but there were no mushrooms anywhere. I gave up.
    I've met rabbits near the Creature Keeper's house.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I agree, the ruins would be your best bet. There's a patch of mushrooms inside, and another patch near the gazebo. It's currently spring in my game, and I was able to find two bushes of chocoberries at the ruins. I think you can also do a trade with the creature keeper for berries.
    The only one I can't manage to forage is the nightly mushroom, but I read in one of the posts here that they only grow in winter? If that's the case, I have a long time to wait.
    The birds I've managed to spot near the water, on the trail going up to the falls. There's one rabbit den by the creature keeper's home, and they are also constantly visiting my sims who live by the waterfall. I haven't explored the other areas as much.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I've found strange mushrooms around the waterfall. They tend to be verdant lovely ect....its a random choice. I've met birds and rabbits I find by slowing down and looking from my sims perspective I see and notice a lot more.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    The chocoberries grow in winter. I sent my Sims exploring Bramblewood the first time in winter, and found plenty of chocoberries in teh area around the ruins.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Plants spawn fruit at 5 am daily, so if you don't live in that neighborhood you need to show up before 5am hits.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I agree, the ruins would be your best bet. There's a patch of mushrooms inside, and another patch near the gazebo. It's currently spring in my game, and I was able to find two bushes of chocoberries at the ruins. I think you can also do a trade with the creature keeper for berries.
    The only one I can't manage to forage is the nightly mushroom, but I read in one of the posts here that they only grow in winter? If that's the case, I have a long time to wait.
    The birds I've managed to spot near the water, on the trail going up to the falls. There's one rabbit den by the creature keeper's home, and they are also constantly visiting my sims who live by the waterfall. I haven't explored the other areas as much.

I haven't been able to pick the nightly mushrooms at all, and I sent my Sim to the ruins before 5 am. The only season I haven't tried yet is autumn. I'll have to look around the waterfall for the other mushrooms. I got a few on fair day buying the 'special' items only available on fair day.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    That's weird - I go to the ruins just about everyday but rarely see foxes & although I go to the Creature Keeper's house each day as well, I've never once seen a rabbit. I'll check up around the waterfall though - can't recall what I've seen around there.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2021
    I managed to harvest chocoberries in Autumn, just before the winter started for my Save but saw a lot of foxes around the rental property, especially a white one first of all and a rabbit. Both of which my Sim managed to make friends with. I used Plopsy to buy and gift them some woolly jackets.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2021
    The chocoberries grow in winter. I sent my Sims exploring Bramblewood the first time in winter, and found plenty of chocoberries in teh area around the ruins.

Hmm, just found this thread where it actually says chocoberries should grow in every season.

EDITED TO ADD:
    visited Bramblewood again in the summer, and my Sims managed to harvest chocoberries again.
    Post edited by TARDISgrade on
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Charlies_WenchCharlies_Wench Posts: 1 New Member
    So there is a way to do it easily, but it’s cheating. If you put in the cheats bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects and go into build mode in the Bramblewood, and sort the build mode items by Cottage Living and scroll for a bit, all the mushrooms and berries are there. I placed quite a few all around and had my Sim plant them, now there’s tons growing all around.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I see plenty of wild animals, mostly in Old New Henford or Bramblewood. It might depend a bit on what lot I'm playing, what lot traits or challenges etc, but basically I think it's just about hanging out long enough for them to span. I even had a neighbor's hen wandering onto my sim's lot, and staying there for 3 days so far. Love that birds and animals can wander like this. I found mushrooms and blueberries, but I must admit I didn't really look for them. The mushrooms were near the waterfall, they were "mysterious m", and I planted them to find out and harvest whatever they are. just my sim wanted something to grow, lol.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have found almost nothing harvestable and that little has been by the ruins. Found 1 raspberry bush but no berries. Found where birds & bunnies live, but no residents. I've found more plant and animal life in the desert world of Oasis Springs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Once you find one of the new berries, you should in theory be set, because the Creature Keeper will trade them for the others on a 2:1 ratio. I found plenty of all three types (no Seasons installed, though, so that could be a factor), also Sinister mushrooms and Mystery mushrooms (not sure about the english names) in two places: in the ruins and near a bench on patch leading up to the waterfall. They took a while to actually become harvestable, though.

Had no luck with rabbits or birds. The creature homes always say "nobody at home" and I met a single brown rabbit in the wild within one week. I don't remember if I was in the open area next to the National Park or on the lot with my sim.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Seasons, with related patch(es) seems to have ruined gardening. A pity, as that helps to keep sims busy and can provide decent income.