Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup....

2...Next

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • shainamch13shainamch13 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Yolee said:
    > Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup. When I click on the fridge or the stove the menu lags when opening. Anyone else having this issue?

Has anyone actually found a solution to this? I tried everything shy of reinstalling the game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    I noticed this delay prior to installing Col, after the patch was installed.

I have noticed this once in awhile, while I don’t use mods or CC, I do own all the packs and figure that might slow things down sometimes. But, I haven’t played much since the last patch.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yolee wrote: »
    Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup. When I click on the fridge or the stove the menu lags when opening. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I have it 😫😩🤦🏼‍♂️.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I also have had the delay, but I've noticed something.

For me, it has also happened in Windenburg. Thus I suspect that the delay may be caused by Simple Living lot challenge as the game counts up the ingredients your sim and the fridge has and disables foods your sims don't have ingredients for.

That’s what I thought it was as well. Counting the ingredients would make sense and why there’s a pause. I’m beginning to think it’s bugged and the game still counts what’s in the fridge whether the lot trait is active or not.

The delay was still there when I took the lot trait off. Cooking is annoying due to the delay. I’ve only tried canning once, but the delay made it frustrating.

When I deleted the stove in utter frustration, it stopped. I’m not cooking until it’s fixed.

There’s no delay on selecting the fridge, but if I pick anything but the ‘free snacks’ the delay comes back. I.e. I choose to make salad. There’s a pause before the recipes load.

Free snacks though are just as annoying as they get a negative emotion if they eat too many.
    Why did they add that in? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2021
    @shainamch13 Try clearing your sims inventories.

I have seen in a previous thread that the delay might be caused because your sims have too many items in your inventory. You often end up with a lot of picked plants in your inventory in cottage living which could cause delays when the game wants to look for recipes to load when you click on the fridge.

Some people might not notice it as much depending on the impact of the delay and their computer.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    My sims have always had full inventories, unfortunately, but this delay in the popup menu just started for me about 2 months ago...and its getting worse. :o
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I've also experienced this type of delay. Sometimes, it's getting the notice the college students class is in an hour, but they're already in that class. Face/palm. I've been blaming it on my computer, because I have noticed other hesitations, if you will, when using other functions/apps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/