Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cross Stitch - are they supposed to hang on the wall?

Am I just being slow or do they only sit on surfaces and not on the wall? When I try to drag one to a wall to hang it like a picture it will only sit flat on the floor. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Same thing here. I thought you could hang them on the wall as well. Not sure why we can’t do that.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    The promo contained scenes with cross stitch works on the wall. I think they can be placed both on surface and wall.

embroidery-1.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    Am I just being slow or do they only sit on surfaces and not on the wall? When I try to drag one to a wall to hang it like a picture it will only sit flat on the floor. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

You have to click on it in your inventory and select the option to convert it to a wall-mountable piece. Then you can hang it.

Well now I feel silly 🤦🏼‍♀️. Thank you so much as I was stuck on this as well.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

You have to click on it in your inventory and select the option to convert it to a wall-mountable piece. Then you can hang it.

Aha! Thank you so much :) Never thought to click it in the inventory lol.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Aha! Thank you so much :) Never thought to click it in the inventory lol.

I found it entirely by accident, when I was trying to sell one on Plopsy. :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't have the pack yet, but could it be that we must choose hanging or standing when starting the cross stitch project? (hope not...)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member

Can you convert it back to standing if you change your mind?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I don't have the pack yet, but could it be that we must choose hanging or standing when starting the cross stitch project? (hope not...)

No, you choose after it's done.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I don't think so because I haven't seen any option to change it back. Seems permanent.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Try putting it back in your inventory if it’ll will let you.
  • SisN3SisN3 Posts: 1 New Member
    After converting the hoops to the wallmounted version, is it normal for them to depreciate in value tho or is it just happening to me?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2021

Oh thank you so much for this.