Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your favourite 'Summer of Sims' event?

Β«1
Now that we have received all the Summer of Sims content, what was your favourite moment over the past few months? <3
(I hope I've not forgotten anything...)

What was your favourite 'Summer of Sims' event? 111 votes

Courtyard Oasis Kit
3%
blur0seRhain420VeeDubOlalla1986 4 votes
May Patch (Likes/Dislikes, New Hair Colours, Update to Bunk Beds)
18%
JueJuerhaliusphantasmkissbixtersEmmaVaneAlphaFFrogImSandssunblondBreazonamusteniKyreRoenDominicLaurenceThriorBlueR0selogionWolfiumGordySimmingalRySBISimDork23 20 votes
Dream Home Decorator Game Pack
5%
Moon_Willowsillyangel0906ClousinatorsElisetomGirlFromIpanemaKewty 6 votes
Virtual Block Party with Trixie Mattel
0%
BettyNewbie1 1 vote
June Patch (Sims Sessions In-game Festival)
9%
Kita5399TheSpotted_CBloosmooDoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeSuperCoolRachaelPhillipaErdnussLinzzjpsulsuldagdag 10 votes
July Patch (Water Tool, Group Cooking, Gardening with Children, Zoomers Food Delivery Service, Calendar to Base Game)
8%
CK213SikoahGraceBabykittyjadeChadSims2KathykinsAtreya33Duskregntelemwillmightysprite 9 votes
Cottage Living Expansion Pack
51%
Akl500Pauroraael14IcewolfMichelleWdavidp0418PlayerSinger2010Isb917MaryVannpendragon1980simgirl1010wylmite1986DarkLady2788YautjagirlTorieLizzychicagotaydevChampandGirlieHarukotyanSindocatannaliese39 57 votes
None
3%
texxx78catmando830NorthDakotaGamerSeashoreLivia 4 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Cottage Living is the best since Get Together. So love the historic play.
    My second fave is New Hair Colors & Bunkbeds.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    No comparison to this one. It's amazing.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I really love the festival! Hope they happen again.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Virtual Block Party with Trixie Mattel? I must have slept through that one.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2021
    I do want to give a special runner-up shout-out to Courtyard Oasis Kit, because it is stunning. But Moorish architecture, however lovely, is a bit niche for the worlds we have. I play it, but can't say at this point that it was the highlight of my summer.

So - Cottage Living.

I didn't particularly want a Farming pack - it's not my thing, and although I wasn't hostile to the idea of those who really, really wanted it getting one, I figured it would be a pack I skipped.

But, gameplay aside, I also buy packs for CAS and BB content and, o Lordy! is this one cram jam full of wonderfulness. I love this pack, and it's world. So much so that I did something I nearly never do, and planted my Simself in a cozy little starter home in Finchwick. I think the art team has done an outstanding job in this pack, and find it mixes well with some of my less-used content, like from the Country Kitchen Kit, or the Paranormal Stuff Pack. It also just might sell me on Nifty Knitting - which I have skipped so far - because this pack's ambiance makes me want a rocking chair.

To veer back to the art department, if there is ONE, single thing I rate worth the cost of the pack, it's the two William Morris inspired wallpapers. My first thought was, "isn't that a tad upscale for Cottage Living"? But then reading about the Cotswolds - the specific, scenic area of England which was the major inspiration for this pack - I learned that Morris and his Arts and Crafts Movement have deep roots in the Cotswolds. His country house, Kelmscott Manor, gave its name to his landmark publishing endeavor, the Kelmscott Press, and was deeply entwined in his writing, thinking, design work, and social life with Dante Rossetti & the rest of his Pre-Raphaelite friends.

Once again, the art team sends me back to school to pick up the art & design history I had missed along the way. Not something I imagine most people play The Sims for, but consider me well-rewarded.

The animals are cute, and the recipes sound tasty, and I am dipping into gameplay of course - but it was the design elements that sold me the pack. Well done.

Post edited by Sindocat on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    None
    The game has too many bugs for me to enjoy anything new.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cottage Living is wonderful. I am having so much fun with it.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I'm really loving Cottage Living so far. I also really liked Sims Sessions and the Likes & Dislikes/New Hair Color update.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I love the EP and more kid/group activities, but Like/Dislikes wins for me as it's something to add more personality to every sim.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cottage Living is cute,
    Courtyard Oasis is beautiful,
    Dream Home Decorator is... not what i really wanted for gp but its fun i guess

group cooking and ponds are also quite fun and i enjoy bunkbeds and new haircolors

but likes and dislikes are really something game has been needing. a lot.

I just wish they had included more activities to it and included foods but well.. its a good start regardless

music festival? on its own quite sad cause it does not add to long term gameplay... well unless its hint towards music pack then that be fun

block party i didn't attend due to wanting to snooze at human times so no comment on that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I didn't participate/buy most of this stuff, and the July patch has, to use Sims 4 lingo, created a "festering grudge" within me, so I picked Sims Sessions. It was a lot of fun, and it was free! <3
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It's hard to choose, but I think Cottage Living may be my favourite EP so far. I also really love the new hair colours and likes/dislikes.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    July Patch (Water Tool, Group Cooking, Gardening with Children, Zoomers Food Delivery Service, Calendar to Base Game)
    Difficult to choose between the two patches and the cottage living EP. I like patches adding new features to base game and the EP has a great world.

the sims sessions were fun too but should have been available longer, like during the whole month of July.
    The GP was too focused on building to be a favourite for me.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't have it yet but the content introduced with Cottage Living has been my favourite. Didn't think I would care for it back when they dropped the "bond with nature" hint.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.q."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".q.:*
    β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Is something still going on around Magnolia? I still have the sparkly stuff going there.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    What can I say, a lot of good stuff within the last few months! Will get cottage living soon so will hold off on the vote just yet,
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2021
    The Zoomers food delivery would have been cool but it doesn’t work at all
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Because: Water tool. Ponds. Don't care much for the rest.

No idea about the Sim sessions or Block party, I always miss limited time events.

I did buy Courtyard Oasis and Country living, but haven't explored them much yet. Need ideas for houses to use that stuff in. Also not tried an Interior Decorator, because its yet another way of pushing friendships in my eyes, since our Decorators are supposed to "know the clients". Hope we get to introduce our sims properly, so I get all the clients traits in one go.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Likes/Dislikes which makes our sims more unique, more hair colors including true black and Bunk Beds which people have wanted for years.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited July 2021
    Tough choice. I haven't played with the newest patch or pack yet, but really looking forward to it. I enjoyed Sims Sessions a lot, but I have to pick the patch with likes and dislikes, those just add so much!

Edit: Wanted to add a little example. I have a sim who is an art critic and has been painting since he was a teen. Now I made him dislike painting because I want to play that he has lost his passion and only does it for money. It works great and it really gave me a lot of power when it comes to telling his story.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Cottage Living is my favorite, no question. It is probably my favorite pack. I've been happy with the Oasis Kit and Dream Home Decorator, too, but Cottage Living is beyond fantastic.
  • CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    Dream Home Decorator was totally forgotten, they will never fix its bugs... :pensive:
  • Stormgirl_LPStormgirl_LP Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sindocat said:
    > I do want to give a special runner-up shout-out to Courtyard Oasis Kit, because it is stunning. But Moorish architecture, however lovely, is a bit niche for the worlds we have. I play it, but can't say at this point that it was the highlight of my summer.
    >
    > So - Cottage Living.
    >
    > I didn't particularly want a Farming pack - it's not my thing, and although I wasn't hostile to the idea of those who really, really wanted it getting one, I figured it would be a pack I skipped.
    >
    > But, gameplay aside, I also buy packs for CAS and BB content and, o Lordy! is this one cram jam full of wonderfulness. I love this pack, and it's world. So much so that I did something I nearly never do, and planted my Simself in a cozy little starter home in Finchwick. I think the art team has done an outstanding job in this pack, and find it mixes well with some of my less-used content, like from the Country Kitchen Kit, or the Paranormal Stuff Pack. It also just might sell me on Nifty Knitting - which I have skipped so far - because this pack's ambiance makes me want a rocking chair.
    >
    > To veer back to the art department, if there is ONE, single thing I rate worth the cost of the pack, it's the two William Morris inspired wallpapers. My first thought was, "isn't that a tad upscale for Cottage Living"? But then reading about the Cotswolds - the specific, scenic area of England which was the major inspiration for this pack - I learned that Morris and his Arts and Crafts Movement have deep roots in the Cotswolds. His country house, Kelmscott Manor, gave its name to his landmark publishing endeavor, the Kelmscott Press, and was deeply entwined in his writing, thinking, design work, and social life with Dante Rossetti & the rest of his Pre-Raphaelite friends.
    >
    > Once again, the art team sends me back to school to pick up the art & design history I had missed along the way. Not something I imagine most people play The Sims for, but consider me well-rewarded.
    >
    > The animals are cute, and the recipes sound tasty, and I am dipping into gameplay of course - but it was the design elements that sold me the pack. Well done.

By complete coincidence I began creating a wall paper series for Sims 4 based on William Morris. I am using his actual prints though since they are now public domain. They will go very well with this pack I think.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Definitely Cottage Living, unfortunately due to exam week this week, I haven't really had much time to sit down and explore and play properly. That's changing soon though so I'm pretty excited to get properly stuck into it.
    Having the likes/dislikes have added some more personality to the Sims too.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I love love Cottage Living and Dream Home Decorator but Cottage Living slightly more.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D