Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Season and Cottage Living

Does anyone know how to turn off seasons? This makes farming more challenging in my opinion esp when it comes to certain plants.

Comments

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    handy guide by jamesturnerformerlyknownasthesimsupply

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think you can disable the weather effects in Game Options, but I don't know if that disables the passage of the seasons or the growing period for the various plants. I suspect you will have to disable the whole pack to do that.

Personally, I love playing Cottage Living with Seasons enabled. It rained so much in Henford on Bagley that my sims almost never needed to water their crops. The chickens all seemed not to mind the rain, and also apparently had the sense to go inside their coop during any really powerful storms.

Best of all the Oversized Crops don't seem limited in their growing season (or not that I've noticed, but I haven't played through a winter yet). Blueberries apparently grow in the summer and raspberries in the Fall, but that doesn't really matter since they (and even the various varieties of mushrooms) are frequently for sale at the Grocery Stall. Which plants were you having trouble with if you don't mind my asking?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    house the plants indoors
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱