To make this intro short and sweet--I play TS4 for copious amounts of time, and with enough attention to detail to notice curious details and mechanics, stress-test them, and figure out how to reproduce the results I desire. Once I've done that, I'll then note them down, and once I've enough relative content, I'll compile them to share, going in as much detail as I can (where needed).
I've been posting these dossiers on Reddit
, and felt it would be worthwhile to post them here as well so the information can reach more simmers. Now that I'm all caught up between both, I'll post any future ones simultaneously.
Enjoy, and I hope they help to better your playthroughs in some way, and calm seas and fair winds on your simming journey.Disclaimers:
Simming Tips IndexSimming Tips:
- I own all (Expansion, Game, and Stuff) packs save for:
Should any pack's features influence the operation of another's, or that of a basegame feature, I cannot always account for that.
- Cottage Living
- Journey to Batuu
- My First Pet Stuff
- My Wedding Stories
- I ask that if submitting information of your own, it be directly relevant to the topics posted. In most cases, I'd prefer to test information myself, as I try to do so in a way that is as factual as it can be (and reproduceable as well). If I cannot (such as if I do not own a pack or the information contains too many chance-based, coinciding variables, then I will take it at face value. Either way, it will be credited.
- I ask that you do not hijack this thread to post your own topics. I strive to make my 'Simming Tips' as thorough and presentable as possible. This includes editing run-throughs, constant re-reads (each time someone new/recurrent comes in, or I've the time, I re-read my posts to make sure everything is up to my standards), and updates (if I find new info regarding old topics). If you have a topic you'd like to post, there is this thread, or you can DM me for evaluation.
- The Kleptomaniac's Bible - The rules that govern how swiping works in-game.
- Matching Aliens with their disguises (MCCC Required) - How to use MC Sim Commands and MC CAS to make your alien sim match their disguise, and essentially make any sim into a shape-shifter using the Mod.
- Mixin' Music - A remake of an older Simming Tip, which goes into detail regarding the use of the 'Mix Master Music Station' from Get Famous.
- Clearing Out Neighbourhood Action Plans (N.A.P.'s) - A step-by-step on how to wipe out and prevent NAP's in Eco Lifestyle.
- Often Forgotten Phone Functionality - A few oft-overlooked functions of the phone UI.
- Fun with Voodoo Dolls - Creative ways to utilise voodoo.
- The Two Deadliest In-Game Items - How to acquire and make use of the two deadliest in-game items.
- What Can (and Cannot) Kill Vampires? - Doubles as both a list of what does and doesn't kill vampires, as well as a general list of (almost) all of the deaths in-game.
- Of Bats and Vampires - An extensive list of tidbits about vampires. Mostly things the game doesn't explicitly say outright, or you'd need to pay attention to moodlets, the environment, or notifications for.
- Extraneous Build Considerations - Just as it says on the tin, this is just a list of things that won't be super helpful when building, but might sprinkle a bit of garnish on it.
- Where The Wall Things Are - Images, names, and prices of Paintings and Posters that have extra designs or forms hidden beyond the first swatch.
- Eclectic Emulations - A compilation of Build-Mode-based ideas, which take certain items and put them together or use them in creative ways to emulate certain functions.
- Occults Within Occults - Tired of waiting around for Maxis to release a new occult? Why not emulate them through the use of older ones?
- Send In The Clones - What carries over to a clone? What doesn't? How could cloning fit into my gameplay? I answer all three questions in this one post.
- Rug-ged Living - A continuation of 'Where The Wall Things Are', this time focusing on rugs.
- A Wedding And A Story - The making of an entirely DIY wedding, complete with sims to follow, and suggestions to make any wedding (or emulation thereof) more enjoyable.
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle - Alternative ways to utilise unneeded items, other than selling or deletion.
- Can You Dig It? - Collectible Spawn Maps - A collection of digsite maps for every world (sans Tartosa, HoB, and Batuu).
- No Skills, No Problem - Various tips, tricks, and considerations learnt on my journey from 0 simoleons to 400k.
- *Beneficial Interactions - An assortment of situational/conditional interactions that provide benefits.
Mini-posts regarding interesting and overlooked features of the game.
- Vacation Brochures - Brochures for all of the available worlds (sans Tartosa and HoB).
- Omiscan Myths: Origin, Death, and Regeneration - Excerpts from the Omiscan religion found in build/buy.
- Wading Around - The places one can still wade (without being able to swim), and a few tidbits about wading.
- Strangerville Story Tidbits - Overlooked sources of lore regarding Strangerville.
- The Peak OF Mt. Komorebi - Two extra boons found on the Peak of Mount Komorebi.
- A Tale Of Dia De Los Muertos - A story told through the descriptions of the 'Dia De Los Muertos' sugar skulls.
Posts that contain playthrough ideas.
- Proofread Simming Tips #'s 1-18, Curious Details #'s 1-6, Vampire Playthrough Ideas, and Custom Holiday Ideas.
- Updated Fashion District, Jungle District Area 2, and The Lagoon maps, and added AHQ report link for empty spawns for Simming Tips #18.
- Revised info for gifting crafted objects (Eco) for Simming Tips #17.
- Re-tested and updated cloning parameters for Simming Tips #14.
- Tested and Updated Omiscan relic options for Djinn in Simming Tips #13.
- Simming Tips #9:
- Added the "Leave" Command, "Wake Up" Command, and "Dispel" to 'Much Ado About Powers'.
- Added "lounging" on the 'Outrigger Canoe' to 'Sleep Of The Undead' in 'Weakness Schmeekness'.
- Updated 'Registered Vampire Lair' lot trait items list in 'Government Assistance'.
- Added water reflection to 'Bonus Tracks'.
- Added drain cooldown note for 'Like Fine Wine'.
- Added "Celebrity Home" lot trait to 'Eternally Welcome' in 'Much Ado About Powers'.
- Added notes for both 'Vampiric Slumber' and 'Sleep Of The Undead' regarding each other in 'Much Ado About Powers' and 'Weakness Schmeekness'.
- Started thirst motive decline list in 'Bonus Tracks'.
- Updated Simming Tips #8 with cures and preventions, and revised info on poison.
- Re-tested the Poison Curse, and revised info its effects on vampires for Simming Tips #7 and #8.
- Finished testing and updating the Kleptomaniac trait's item list and requisite Mischief levels for Simming Tips #1.
- Added 'Rush Day' to Custom Holiday Ideas.
Check out my 'Simming Tips'
for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).