Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Errand - spicy mushrooms

I've accepted an errand and have to forage some spicy mushrooms but I cant find them in the woods anywhere. In fact I cant find any mushrooms at all to forage. Is there a particular spot that they grow in?
Thanks
Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3

Comments

• lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    i too can't find those, i did find wild nightly mushrooms. the lot with the snail.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’ve found verdant and lovely but can’t find charmed and also haven’t seen spicy either. Just mysterious mushrooms.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    On the path up to Cordelias Cottage there is a bench near the top, I frequently find multiple mushroom spots there of all kinds. Until I pick them it doesn't say which type they are, I think they just say mysterious like AquaGamer says.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    They are a bit harder to get. You will find random plants of "strange mushrooms' around the Bramblewood neighborhood (in my game theres 2 large clusters of them right next to the big circle, on the shoreline where the log goes over the creek to the ruins, im not sure if its like that in every save) But each time you harvest the mushrooms you randomly receive one of the new mushrooms. I just had to pick them until I got the spicy mushroom and then planted it and waited a few days to get enough to finish the errand.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2021
    I found some near the lot by the top of the waterfall in the Bramblewood neighborhood. Near that liveable/buildable lot there’s a path that leads to a bench and there are some mushrooms growing near that bench. This is not the bench the Creature Keeper sits at, which where I thought I was at first until I looked around a bit and realized where I was. I also found some along the river bank in the Bramblewood, I believe near the fishing spot there. They’re hard to spot especially if you have Seasons and they’re not in season yet. So I recommend hovering over very bare dirt patch because that’s how I found my first set. For the spicy mushrooms you can also buy those at the stalls to complete the errands or plant them or both. But the other varieties can only b found by foraging from my understanding so if you can find them and harvest them I recommend planting them on your lot too.
    I’ve found verdant and lovely but can’t find charmed and also haven’t seen spicy either. Just mysterious mushrooms.

You won’t know what mysterious mushrooms are until you pick them, they could turn out to be what you’re looking for. Kind of like in Outdoor Retreat and having to taste the plants to decipher what they are.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So I never see any mushroom spawns. Am I doing something wrong?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    If you have Seasons then they are a Winter crop.

You can also receive them from other errands or as a prize at the fair.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    If you have Seasons then they are a Winter crop.

You can also receive them from other errands or as a prize at the fair.

This, and you have to hangout in the Bramblewood for awhile before things start to spawn.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ahhh good to know. So I need to also go there often to create more spawns? My sims are in summer so it’ll be a second but that’s okay. Thank y’all
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Ahhh good to know. So I need to also go there often to create more spawns? My sims are in summer so it’ll be a second but that’s okay. Thank y’all

Yes, youll need to hang out there for a bit before things start to spawn but it can still be a hunt to find them just because of how large the neighborhood is. Also, the mushrooms are a summer and winter seasonal crop, not just winter.
  • vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone :)<3
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    Okay I was wondering what season they were, so they are winter and I'm in winter (don't recommend to start in this season btw lol) I will keep looking...
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2021
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I've accepted an errand and have to forage some spicy mushrooms but I cant find them in the woods anywhere. In fact I cant find any mushrooms at all to forage. Is there a particular spot that they grow in?
    Thanks

i found them, same lot with the snail. by the bench where i found wild nightly mushrooms. during winter at night, i believe it was 2am. they just appeared and they were a strange mushroom. but once picked they were spicy mushrooms i was looking for! :)

same lot, by the gazebo i found some more!

• Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    Some just appeared by the bench by Cordelia's lot but can't harvest them, can only look. It is 1am. Will try again tomorrow, hopefully they will be ready to harvest.
  • ajhart1975ajhart1975 Posts: 6 New Member
    I had to wait till the last evening of summer between midnight and 6am into the fall
    1. Facing the bench by the waterfall opposite the Nightly Mushrooms which won't harvest till Winter... Listed as Strange Mushrooms you don't know what they're till you pick them.
    2. There are 3 patches of Strange Mushrooms just in front of the snail path and finally.
    3. Another Strange Mushrooms patch in front of the Gazebo.
    1 patch turned out to be Charming Mushrooms, but I haven't checked the all the other ones yet.
    edited August 2021
    So, I played almost all day yesterday and I bought my sim one of those cots from Outdoor Retreat & a portable shower from that pack and off we went to the Bramblewood. We “set up camp” near the bench by Cordelia’s Secret Lot up by the top of the waterfall. Mushrooms spawn at about midnight. I have found them in this spot, almost directly across the river from this spot in a wide spot on the bank just a bit to the left of the rabbit stump there, inside the ruins, and near the snail 🐌. Spicy mushrooms are a winter harvestable and can sometimes be found in the garden stall, you have to check everyday though because their inventory changes a lot. I have had no luck with nightly mushrooms at all. I am not sure if they’re seasonal or not. There was a patch right at the foot of my sim’s cot but they didn’t spawn that night. It’s currently spring in my game so it may be the wrong season for those. In spring I have found verdant, lovely, and charming mushrooms so far. Mushrooms initially present themselves as strange mushrooms and have to be harvested in order to determine what variety they are, with the exception of nightly mushrooms which are labeled with what they are when you mouse over them. I tried looking in Carl’s Sims 4 Guide, but unfortunately he barely covers Cottage Living, and he doesn’t cover foraging or mushrooms at all that I can find.

Edit to add: spicy and the other special mushrooms are also included in some rewards for errands but it’s random and there’s no guarantee which variety you will get.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    So, I played almost all day yesterday and I bought my sim one of those cots from Outdoor Retreat & a portable shower from that pack and off we went to the Bramblewood. We “set up camp” near the bench by Cordelia’s Secret Lot up by the top of the waterfall. Mushrooms spawn at about midnight. I have found them in this spot, almost directly across the river from this spot in a wide spot on the bank just a bit to the left of the rabbit stump there, inside the ruins, and near the snail 🐌. Spicy mushrooms are a winter harvestable and can sometimes be found in the garden stall, you have to check everyday though because their inventory changes a lot. I have had no luck with nightly mushrooms at all. I am not sure if they’re seasonal or not. There was a patch right at the foot of my sim’s cot but they didn’t spawn that night. It’s currently spring in my game so it may be the wrong season for those. In spring I have found verdant, lovely, and charming mushrooms so far. Mushrooms initially present themselves as strange mushrooms and have to be harvested in order to determine what variety they are, with the exception of nightly mushrooms which are labeled with what they are when you mouse over them. I tried looking in Carl’s Sims 4 Guide, but unfortunately he barely covers Cottage Living, and he doesn’t cover foraging or mushrooms at all that I can find.

Edit to add: spicy and the other special mushrooms are also included in some rewards for errands but it’s random and there’s no guarantee which variety you will get.

It took me sometime to find the mushrooms in the wild in Cottage Living. Played the two installed households each over the 4 seasons for them to show up apart from the nightly mushroom which you can see but can't harvest by the ruins. Many of the mushrooms can be achieved through the errands or sometimes found in the shop.

Nightly Mushroom
    This is winter harvest only and must be harvested at a certain time. I managed to harvest this by going to the one mushroom by the ruins at 9pm and waited until is showed it was harvestable around 10pm.

Verdant and Charming Mushroom these are available to harvest all seasons.
    These can be found once clumps are growing in Bramblewood but they are not identified just as named mushrooms and you need to harvest the identify them. There maybe other types growing as unidentifiable but I have not tested this.

Spicy Mushroom are summer/winter harvestable.

Lovely Mushroom is harvestable fall/spring

Mysterious Mushroom Summer/Spring

There is an area where plants grow in old new henford but unfortunately I cant harvest or do anything in this area which is a shame. There were lovely, nightly and verdant mushrooms growing there in my game.

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    On the path up to Cordelias Cottage there is a bench near the top, I frequently find multiple mushroom spots there of all kinds. Until I pick them it doesn't say which type they are, I think they just say mysterious like AquaGamer says.

This ^^ my go to spot. Also, each mushroom you forage will be a different one, so just pjs rest them all.

—T
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited August 2021
    Nightly mushrooms are winter crops. I found some and kept a few in my inventory to plant them in the winter so I can easily get lots more. I just have to remember to harvest them in the middle of the night.

I love the way they light up when ready for harvest. Makes my garden look creepy. :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I am beginning to think I have a problem, there are no harvestables of any kind anywhere I have looked in HoB, and it is in the middle of spring. I would have thought that there would be something to grow...in spring but am having no luck of finding anything.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.