Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seaweed ingredient?

Last night, playing Cottage Living for the first time, I tried out the simple living challenge. For onigiri (the rice balls with Snowy Escape) there was only one ingredient listed… seaweed. I’ve never seen a seaweed item/harvestable before. Any ideas, or is this a half-implemented idea only partially added to the pack?

Comments

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2021
    only "seaweed" style thing i can think of in-game is the mermadic kelp - found either in the rewards store or in the cave in the neighbourhood with the volcano - which is odd considering onigiri is from SE and the kelp is from IL
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    only "seaweed" style thing i can think of in-game is the mermadic kelp - found either in the rewards store or in the cave in the neighbourhood with the volcano - which is odd considering onigiri is from SE and the kelp is from IL

Nope, tried to buy that at the rewards store, doesn't work. Also found two more recipes that require seaweed - Avocado Maki Rolls and Seaweed Ramen. So weird, looks like an oversight.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wonder if that recipe is available only with a specific EP installed?

Seaweed should not grow in pomds, but is it possible to add some harvestable decor to ponds?

Added: Princess Cordelia was ashore for a long time, could seaweeds be a reward for a quest related to something Cordelia-ish? It's an old recipe, after all... ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    somewhsome wrote: »

Nope, tried to buy that at the rewards store, doesn't work. Also found two more recipes that require seaweed - Avocado Maki Rolls and Seaweed Ramen. So weird, looks like an oversight.

i don’t have CoL so i can’t look for myself (which i would) but with bb.showhiddenobjects on can you find seaweed in debug like with other harvestables ??

i don’t have CoL so i can’t look for myself (which i would) but with bb.showhiddenobjects on can you find seaweed in debug like with other harvestables ??

No, I don't think so. There is a BG object called "seaweed" but that's just a thing your sims pull out of water sometimes, you can't interact with it.
    And nothing in SE debug also.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    This is driving me crazy, I’ve been through the CL, SE and BG debug and found nothing. It’s not part of the grocery store or delivery, I thought maybe it was available from the SE vending machines but I checked a few times with no luck. Completely baffled.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m seriously thinking this is a mistake on EAs part. This ingredient doesn’t exist. I’ve checked everywhere too.
    the only place seaweed would make sense to grow is underwater - maybe they planned to add it to ponds but forgot ??
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    I bet they meant to add the seaweed you can find when fishing as an ingredient, but it got missed out somehow. I guess you could also have chances of finding it when diving or beachcombing for trash, as well as dumpster diving and from the grocery stall.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I would send in a report so that others can ‘Me too’ it. I’d like to be able to make those dishes as well at some point.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    So I'm not the only person thrown by the seaweed ingredient. I saw it was needed last night while I was playing and I was like "where the heck do I get seaweed?"

Thought maybe it might show up with groceries, but if it's not even in debug, then it must be an oversight somewhere.
  • waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I would send in a report so that others can ‘Me too’ it. I’d like to be able to make those dishes as well at some point.

Looks like someone has made one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-4-cottage-living-ingredient-missing/m-p/10541781#M192108

Looks like someone has made one:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-4-cottage-living-ingredient-missing/m-p/10541781#M192108

Oh cool, I was writing one myself, then found this https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-4-cottage-living-help-finding-seaweed/m-p/10539500#M53094 and decided to try diving and snorkeling too, with no results. Booths in Sulani sell food, not ingredients...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    When clicking on the fishing signs in Henford on Bagley I've had an option to collect seaweed (not sure of the wording) and actually got some once.
    Starfree wrote: »
    When clicking on the fishing signs in Henford on Bagley I've had an option to collect seaweed (not sure of the wording) and actually got some once.

I can't see this option at all. Do you use mods? I know Srsly's Cooking Overhaul has seaweed you can collect.
    Or maybe it has to be a specific season? I tried in spring, nothing.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Could it be a rare thing to get on Plopsy? I still don't have the pack (will during this day, yay!), but my imptression is that EA dd a lot more cross pack stuff this time. And, I must admit they added something that we might need some time to figure out. The Sofie snail is another mystery, I guess.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

I can't see this option at all. Do you use mods? I know Srsly's Cooking Overhaul has seaweed you can collect.

More than likely from the mod as I had it before the pack and the option isn't there. Thought the seaweed was just CC related, but guess it's suppose to be a thing. Less you're suppose to catch seaweed while you fish, but my sim hasn't ever caught any before.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@somewhsome yeah that's it. I had Srsly's Cooking Overhaul until this latest patch majorly broke it; just waiting for her to fix it but it might be awhile as there's so much broken :(.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2021

No, I don't think so. There is a BG object called "seaweed" but that's just a thing your sims pull out of water sometimes, you can't interact with it.
    And nothing in SE debug also.

Maybe they changed it so your sim keeps the seaweed?

ETA: Seems like they intended to, but forgot. And some are saying you can get seaweed from Sulani if you have Island Living. From snorkeling, and by buying it from one of the booths. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SE-CoL-Required-Seaweed-ingredient-missing-from-game/m-p/10539500
    old thread, but i thought it’s worth sharing that this issue is on the most recent laundry list !!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe Seaweed is coming in a future pack? Or maybe even a genuine update?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.