Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Else is loving the simple living challenge trait?

All my households has this trait, I love that my sims have to buy their food properly

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Meeeeee!

Seriously though. It’s such a great challenge. I love having to also have sims that have animals and gardens not buy as much from the store. It’s so simple (haha pun intended) but such a great and needed thing. So realistic!!!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2021
    Definitely adds more challenge and more ways to spend sims money, this is what I've been waiting for, I'm not going back 🤣, the only thing I wish was there was still quick meals lol, it gives more reasons for having fruit and veg in the game and gardening
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Once you stock the fridge it's not much different from regular gameplay. My sim bought 1000 simoleons worth of groceries, think they will last for a while. :lol: Nothing like trying to prepare winterfest grand meal and there is no meat in your inventory. Luckily the grocery delivery works all hours. :smiley: When I first launched the game, there was nothing in my sim's fridge and it was late and she was hungry. Had to order take-away. :lol:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am loving it although I'm still learning and not 100% sure what I'm doing but so far no sims are going hungry, I must be doing something right. :D
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I missed needing to stock my fridges so much and not being able to do it instantly from the fridge itself. Gives me more of a reason to garden again too. I started avoiding it (except for flowers for my florists or wax plants ect) because it quickly becomes a major money maker that takes away too much challenge for me.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm actually enjoying it myself as well. I'm glad they brought back the ability to stock the fridge without paying an arm and a leg just to make a meal even when you had the ingredients. :)
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Now I want to see sims have to buy their clothes piece by piece to plan outfits around.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I want this aswell @SheriSim57
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    I love it. I'm planning on not fully stocking up at the beginning but ordering groceries or going shopping weekly.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Is it in base game or cottage living?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Is it in base game or cottage living?

You need Cottage Living for the lot trait and the grocery delivery service.

Pizza delivery and Zoomers meal delivery are both base game but Zoomers is super glitched at the moment.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I love it!! I ask for this many times here on the forum! Is something Ive wanted for a long time! Glad they hear us!! And yes! outfits should be next!
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Started a new household on one of the cottage lots, one sims goes and buys groceries and stocks up the fridge. Moments later a pile of townies just walk in the door and help themselves to the fridge...

Had to go and grab the personal items mod from littlemssims to lock the fridge down to only household members. I'd had parts of that mod before, but it's a modular mod, and before my sims were paying for ingredients I didn't think much of sims who just wandered in and ate stuff. Now I'm trying to cook and somebody's snacking on the milk or veggies before my cook can get to it. :open_mouth:

It's an interesting challenge, but it'd be a nightmare without a mod to secure things.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Is the Simple Living challenge automatic when your Sims live on cottage lots? Or, is there a way to live there without using it?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    It's one of the challenges in the new lot challenges feature. It's been added by default to most of the cottage living lots. I didn't check if it was removeable. I presume you could add it to any lot anywhere once you have the expansion.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I actually haven't played much of the live game yet. Been too busy upgrading the new Cottage Living Townies & I just upgraded one of the premade cottages in Henford. They are all saved in the Gallery under my user name: SEREFRAS.
    Just wanted to thank the devs for the new beautiful world & appreciation for it being bigger than 5 lots. Thanks again. :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is this the same thing as only making meals using the ingredients you've gardened? Because if so, I've been doing that for years!
    It seems like Simple Living is automatically in effect for the lot I chose, 5 Cobblebottom Street. At the very least, I don't know how I'd go about disabling it.

That's fine, because I want to give it a try. I'll be dealing with Wild Foxes, too.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It seems like Simple Living is automatically in effect for the lot I chose, 5 Cobblebottom Street. At the very least, I don't know how I'd go about disabling it.

That's fine, because I want to give it a try. I'll be dealing with Wild Foxes, too.

@MoonlightGraham Go into build mode and at the top left corner it should have a lot traits section. Here you should be able to enable disable lot traits/challenges.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Is this the same thing as only making meals using the ingredients you've gardened? Because if so, I've been doing that for years!

It's a bit more involved. You need to have ingredients that were missing before, like flour, sugar, eggs, milk, cheese. And some use the new preserves and such, so if you want your sims to have a varied diet you'll need to do several 'layers' of cooking - make the cheese, make the preserve, etc.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I've been playing this way for years, lol. I'm glad it's finally recognized for the fun associated with having to work for your food, etc. Once my sims become rich, I lose interest. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love it! I like when there's realism in my gameplay. So not being able to make meals if you're missing ingredients is great.
    @MoonlightGraham Go into build mode and at the top left corner it should have a lot traits section. Here you should be able to enable disable lot traits/challenges.

@calaprfy Thanks for the information. We decided we like the challenge, though. Something as mundane as catching a fish is now a lot more exciting.

Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,907 Member

@calaprfy Thanks for the information. We decided we like the challenge, though. Something as mundane as catching a fish is now a lot more exciting.
    Indeed. that is the point :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Lol Even though I had the fresh ingredients box ticked I always had my sims cook whatever I wanted whether or not I had all the ingredients. I'd get that notification of wasting money by not using fresh ingredients. :p