Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug pretty much making game unplayable

Sul Sul simmers. I have been posting about this bug alot the last couple of days, and I'm sorry, but I wanted to make a thread specifically about it as I am genuinely wondering about who is actually having this issue, as I can't really see much talk about it on here, and this to me is a pretty glaringly obvious and game breaking bug. I am going to try and explain this the best I can.

Sims will not perform a task unless they are visible to the player. For example, I sent a sim to go to the toilet and then moved over to where one of the other household sims were and watched them. After like, a sim half hour, I went back to the sim I had sent to the toilet, and she was standing by the toilet, waiting for me to watch her go. As soon as she was on camera, she sits down and does her business. The same happened when I sent a sim to read a book. He was just standing by the book case, and as soon as he was on camera again, he picks up the book and sits down.

Even more strangely, if you wait by the object you have asked the sim to interact with and wait for them to get there, they will just appear out of thin air about 2 sim hours later.

If they are acting of their own accord things seem to be fine, but I pretty much never let sims act of their own will. I am GOD! :D

There is a bug report that I have clicked me too on.

I have Cottage Living all set up and ready to play, but this paticular bug has for me destroyed gameplay, so I can't even use and enjoy it. :'( There are people on the bug report saying that this is game breaking and they aren't playing right now, but everyone on here seem to be happily simming away. I'm genuinely curious.

Comments

• wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Do you have full autonomy on or off?
    My full autonomy is on and am not having any issues with them doing what I prompt. I have 1 sim to 8 sim households without issues so just curious if this is happening as an autonomy issue?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    Do you have full autonomy on or off?
    My full autonomy is on and am not having any issues with them doing what I prompt. I have 1 sim to 8 sim households without issues so just curious if this is happening as an autonomy issue?

My autonomy is on too. Maybe I should turn it off. :D
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Oh no!!! That is an awful glitch. For sure something that needs to be addressed ASAP. I hope you can find some troubleshooting around it. I have a family of four and haven’t noticed anything but I’ll keep a close eye out when playing today.

I have noticed some of the odd teleporting. For instance my sim was cooking in the kitchen and her son was headed from upstairs to clean his dishes. He teleporting right next to her where the dishwasher is from upstairs. I yelped 😂. That only happened maybe 3 times total bit jarring for sure.

Seriously hope the gurus notice the bug you and others are having. I can see that making the game unplayable.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Latest patch does seem to have made the glitchy animation and teleporting issue worse for people.

Does this happen to every household in your game or only a specific household on your lot?
    Technical question, but what CPU do you have on your computer?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Have you reported it on AHQ, or looked for excisting thread there? Its the only place they will look for bug reports.
  • Sensi_SifuSensi_Sifu Posts: 16 Member
    I am having the same issue with my pets they will not do anything unless the camera is locked on them. I have full house with cats and dogs plus the cows and chickens and one sim
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Have you reported it on AHQ, or looked for excisting thread there? Its the only place they will look for bug reports.

Yes, I clicked on me too in the existing thread.
    Sensi_Sifu wrote: »
    I am having the same issue with my pets they will not do anything unless the camera is locked on them. I have full house with cats and dogs plus the cows and chickens and one sim

I wondered about the pets and new animals. Awesome. Just awesome. :s

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    This is really worrying.

I haven't yet updated my game, so I am still playing pre-patch. I am however plagued by the bug that causes the frame rate to plummet when entering build mode or trying to take a photo. On the EA site there is 7 pages of reports on this bug going back to 2015, so doesn't really instill confidence in getting a quick fix for a bug that is gamebreaking for a lot of folk.

This has resulted in me rarely looking at build mode and playing round the bug by just not doing anything that causes it. So i am effectively playing half a game. If i was to update and I was to get this bug as well, then my sim centered gameplay would be absolutely broken and that would be that - unplayable game.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    logion wrote: »
    Latest patch does seem to have made the glitchy animation and teleporting issue worse for people.

Does this happen to every household in your game or only a specific household on your lot?

It's every household and I have Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690 (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache. :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

It's every household and I have Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4690 (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache. :)

Thanks, yeah it's probably not your CPU then, that one should be able to run the game just fine.

@ModerateOsprey I agree, it's really worrying. Adding more packs are only gonna make this problem worse unless it's not addressed... I'm not sure I want to update my game.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Thanks, yeah it's probably not your CPU then, that one should be able to run the game just fine.

@ModerateOsprey I agree, it's really worrying. Adding more packs are only gonna make this problem worse unless it's not addressed... I'm not sure I want to update my game.

I am pretty certain it will be weeks before I do. I have a game that I can play at the moment. It has its issues, but I am having fun with it. I am just hoping that Origin doesn't force an update. So far, I have Origin tamed so I can play offline. I will at least wait until a handful of critical mods are updated and reported stable.

I mainly posted so I can keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with a mod or any workrounds.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

I am pretty certain it will be weeks before I do. I have a game that I can play at the moment. It has its issues, but I am having fun with it. I am just hoping that Origin doesn't force an update. So far, I have Origin tamed so I can play offline. I will at least wait until a handful of critical mods are updated and reported stable.

I mainly posted so I can keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with a mod or any workrounds.

Yeah, anything at all to fix it at this point. Maybe someone will come up with a mod?
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Here is the bug report if others are interested:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-visible-to-player-teleport-up-and-down-stairs-abort/td-p/10527641

OP if it isn't the one you meant you could link the right one.
    Here is the bug report if others are interested:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-visible-to-player-teleport-up-and-down-stairs-abort/td-p/10527641

OP if it isn't the one you meant you could link the right one.

Yep, that's the one. Sorry, should have put this link up myself. Thank you. :)
    I have just been on live chat to EA, sending them the link to the bug report, and they are going to give my feedback to the sims team and are hoping to get a fix asap. I also tweeted every sim guru I could find on Twitter and not one of them has got back to me. I intend to be a menace until this is fixed. :D As I told EA, I've spent hundreds of pounds on this game, and I will play!! Lol.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You bother them!!!! I’ve had a minor amount of problems with this. Like Sims doing actions stick on the stairs. And some teleporting which is bad right now when it happens. Hope there will be a hot fix for this. It could and I’m sure does render games unplayable and that’s not okay.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like your method.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    Me Tooed the bug report. I noticed it more with my vanilla saves. However, I played my mod tester family as I just placed my updated mods and cc back in game and I noticed that actions canceled and weren't completed if I wasn't focused on the sim.

+++update+++
    Been playing this game for a few hours btwn watching the olympics and online doing stuff, and in this household I am using the Roommate mod. So the roommates are NPCs they do whatever whenever. But the two sims I control, if the camera is not on them they do nothing. I sent Remi to pick up a collectible on the far side of the property on a hill. His wife was in the kitchen cooking. When I had the camera on her, he was still on that hill and did not leave the hill until the screen moved over to him as she walked over to the small house where the roommates live on the property.

This is another unplayable bug. So I guess I will go back to my generic saves that I am not invested in.

SMH - this is what makes me stop playing. I love gardening and collectibles in the game and they break the most. Now on top of the persistent gardening bug we have an autonomous bug! They should've left that center on lot icon where it was and just widened the lower bar if moving it was going to cause this bug. I can't imagine how it is with folks managing large sim households.
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm beginning to suspect this is happening in my game too. I have autonomy on for all sims.

I reckon it's connected to the new focus camera feature. As usual, they screw it up!
    The Sims team are replying on the bug report!!!! Hopefully not long now!!!!