Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims session survey

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I wish they asked how the experience could have been improved. We could say why we did/didn't like it, which would give them some info, but I'd have liked to give them more direct suggestions and tell them to imagine some dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member

Thank you for sharing! I took the survey. I liked the event even though I didn't know the musical artists before. They were all really good:)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Thanks for the link. Too bad they didn't ask for the duration of the event. One week in real life is too short because it is possible people just don't happen to be able to play that week. I also missed a feeld to type something.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I took the survey and I didn't care for the direction some of the questions was leaning towards ......

Like what would make me more excited to participate in events like this in the future ..... would I be interested in earning simoleons, unlocking certain items, etc.

To me, that feels like those questions were leading questions on how we'd feel about them possibly implementing some type of microtransactions in the future like mobile games do with their timed events and exclusive unlocked content that you'll never get if you don't do the event, but in order to succeed in the event you need to pay RL money to unlock things to ensure you can complete the event.

Did everybody get those questions too? Or maybe it's because I answered "No, I didn't go to the event" and that's why I got them.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I got those questions too, @Chicklet453681 but I also answered that I didn't go to the event. I took the questions a little differently to you though; I thought by unlocking objects they meant things like receiving the festival t-shirts only if you go to the event. I may be wrong though.

Off topic a little, sorry, but one thing that's annoying me a bit (although isn't really a big issue) is that I didn't receive any t-shirts for my Sims because I didn't go to the event, which of course is fine and expected, but they still show up in my CAS menu but are greyed out/locked (like how some Dream Home Decorator CAS items are shown locked until you reach certain career levels). I'm not going to ever be able to unlock these items because the event is over, so why are they being shown in my menu at all? (On this note, I don't know why the DHD locked career CAS items are shown either, when none from other packs are shown, is this a new feature?).
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021
    Pretty generic survey, I wish I had the option to tell why I didn't like the CAS items. The reason I didn't like them was because they were overwriting our sims outfits autonomously.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Pretty generic survey, I wish I had the option to tell why I didn't like the CAS items. The reason I didn't like them was because they were overwriting our sims outfits autonomously.

I did tell them that exact thing, because I answered I didn't go there was a space to explain why I didn't.

I said it was not the genre of music that I personally enjoy and that I would have just had my game on mute because of that.

I also said that after reading several people's experiences that I did not like the fact the T-shirts removed your sims normal clothing and was stuck on them until you changed their outfit again if you chose to "wear" it after you bought it.

I also said that I did not enjoy "timed" events, as I'd much rather have the freedom to choose when my sim does something and that it only occurring for one RL week was very limiting because not everybody has the freedom from RL responsibilities to get into the game during that restricted time frame.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    well that was quite confusing
    wish the questions were bit more specific or i had a nice dissatisfied box to blabber but oh well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I wish the questions were more in-depth though too. I wasn't impressed with any of it. In the performers' defence, I'm not a fan of American Top 40 and had to ask my sis who these artists were since she is a big fan of both classic rock-n-roll, like The Beatles and Elvis and American Top 40.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I noticed that the options were reversed halfway through the survey.

The first half of the survey went from Very Dissatisfied to Very Satisfied but the next half went from Very Satisfied at the top to Very Dissatisfied at the bottom.

I wonder if that was intentional to get folks to vote that they liked something sneakily.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a survey reverse the choices like that. Whatever it starts with is usually how it continues throughout the entire survey.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I got the challenge related questions and I did attend the concert.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I agree with the opinions about the length of the event needing to be longer. Would have liked to have played but unfortunately didn't have time during that particular week.

Also I found it difficult to work out how to actually get my Sims to attend the festival, and eventually found out on the forums. The web page just advertised what would be there. A simple sentence on the site saying 'The festival will appear in Willow Creek during the time period as a travel destination,' would have been enough.

What was also annoying was that when I finally did get a moment to play, I discovered the festival was only available on Sundays (I assume this means Sim calender Sundays and not real life) and so didn't have time to wait until a Sunday cropped up.
    Sorry to moan but have always found it annoying when a sim event only happens on a certain day of the week and I have to make several more sim days pass first in order to get to the things that I really want to play. I don't get a lot of Simming time these days so I don't like to waste it!

It also puzzles me a bit that the event happened before the summer holidays (at least, it did before most people broke up from school in Britain) Would have thought that holding it in the summer holidays would have been prime time to get more people joining in and playing, as more people would have had more free time.

I love the idea of a music festival event in the Sims (and might even build my own) but just wish it would have lasted a bit longer (and for more days in the sim week).

Also (and apologies for waffling on) am curious as to what 'Other' was in the options for what would excite me. I might have been more excited about it if I knew what it was.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol it was DEFINITELY a weird survey😅😅 and I Wish I knew what "other" was🤣🤣 like how can we be excited or unhappy for an unknown "other?"
    🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I was on vacation for the duration of the event and missed the whole thing. I was a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I got those questions too, @Chicklet453681 but I also answered that I didn't go to the event. I took the questions a little differently to you though; I thought by unlocking objects they meant things like receiving the festival t-shirts only if you go to the event. I may be wrong though.

Off topic a little, sorry, but one thing that's annoying me a bit (although isn't really a big issue) is that I didn't receive any t-shirts for my Sims because I didn't go to the event, which of course is fine and expected, but they still show up in my CAS menu but are greyed out/locked (like how some Dream Home Decorator CAS items are shown locked until you reach certain career levels). I'm not going to ever be able to unlock these items because the event is over, so why are they being shown in my menu at all? (On this note, I don't know why the DHD locked career CAS items are shown either, when none from other packs are shown, is this a new feature?).
    I saved a large household on the gallery with all the outfits. You can take a sim in and give them any outfit (t-shirt) then send them back home via manage households, however, that out fit says special event and you can’t change it unless you send the sim back into the household.to change it. I had a visitor over that week, so I put several of my sims from a rotation in a household together and sent them to the event, bought t-shirts, took pictures, etc. with them, then uploaded it to the gallery for the t shirts.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    It also puzzles me a bit that the event happened before the summer holidays (at least, it did before most people broke up from school in Britain) Would have thought that holding it in the summer holidays would have been prime time to get more people joining in and playing, as more people would have had more free time.

I love the idea of a music festival event in the Sims (and might even build my own) but just wish it would have lasted a bit longer (and for more days in the sim week).

Also (and apologies for waffling on) am curious as to what 'Other' was in the options for what would excite me. I might have been more excited about it if I knew what it was.

Summer break in the US starts at the end of May/beginning of June.

I do wish it had lasted longer than a real world week. I was able to send my Sims to the concert several times, so I certainly didn't miss out, but not everyone had that much free time on their hands.

I was wondering about the "Other" option too. I'm assuming that was an error and that there was supposed to be a box we could fill in. Otherwise it makes zero sense.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    Hopefully this was not the only one and they bring new singers (or better, a pack for our Sims to be the singers).
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I quite enjoyed Sims Sessions, but I also had trouble finding time to play it. I finally played during the last two days. I'd rather have a band focused pack I can play when it suits me, but if they want to give us different performers this way I'm also interested in that.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    I took the survey and I didn't care for the direction some of the questions was leaning towards ......

Like what would make me more excited to participate in events like this in the future ..... would I be interested in earning simoleons, unlocking certain items, etc.

To me, that feels like those questions were leading questions on how we'd feel about them possibly implementing some type of microtransactions in the future like mobile games do with their timed events and exclusive unlocked content that you'll never get if you don't do the event, but in order to succeed in the event you need to pay RL money to unlock things to ensure you can complete the event.

Did everybody get those questions too? Or maybe it's because I answered "No, I didn't go to the event" and that's why I got them.

@Chicklet453681 I attended and I got those questions. Great insight - I hope they don't microtransactions those events, but given how the TS3 store went I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Would I attend if they did He🏑🏒 to the no.
    CASim1000 wrote: »
    Hopefully this was not the only one and they bring new singers (or better, a pack for our Sims to be the singers).

@CASim1000 I hope they have some more planned this summer. It would truly be summer of sims then.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    @lisamwitt in the south it does. In the north Summer break starts the end of June. They go back to school beg. of Sept. in the northern USA, at least in the NE.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    @lisamwitt in the south it does. In the north Summer break starts the end of June. They go back to school beg. of Sept. in the northern USA, at least in the NE.

I live in the south now, but I grew up in Indiana (which is technically the midwest, but is "north" to everyone here). We started summer break at the end of May/beginning of June too. I don't know if that's still the case since my kids go to school down here. They start school in mid August, and so did I. I just assumed that since our schedules were similar, that it must be pretty close everywhere.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    For all of you that missed it and want to see it: If you go to a public lot, go to build/buy and show hidden objects, then show live edit objects, you can see the stage and other things. If you put the stage on a lot, you can shift-click it (if you have testing cheats on), and there are debug options for the performers. That means you CAN actually see the show, even if you can't get the shirts. (Which, personally, I have no interest in; I liked the performances, but I don't like t-shirts.)

I've never tried it myself, but one of the game changes showed it in a YouTube video, so at least at that time (which was pretty recent) it was still in the game.

I'd never heard of any of those artists before, but they were all quite good, and I enjoyed listening to them. The Sims' reactions at the performance were pretty fun. It's too bad that it was a short time, and that people missed it; I have the feeling this was sort of a test case, and they might be trying other things like this in the future.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Thanks for pointing this out. It was fun though not a huge deal to me. If they add other free "live" events, I'll participate but if it turns into English languages concerts, I'll be a bit weirded out. If they charge to attend or some other micro-transactions, I'll be out as well.

If it is teasing a bands pack, I'm probably interested, it just depends. If I am just not interested in the artists, I'll probably ignore it. I'm on the fence about any live event based challenges and would only do them if they are free and interesting to me.

They essentially need to keep the sandbox aspect while giving challenges to those needing them. Part of me is having fun but if it gets too commercialized, I might drop out. The free concert was a fun move. It doesn't mean that I'd go for everything.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.