Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Major websites hit by global outage reported by BBC 40plus minutes ago

Disruptions often mean that a web browser cannot find the content it is looking for.

Other affected services reported by DownDetector included:

Banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, and Halifax
Gaming services including Steam, Call of Duty, and EA
Streaming services on Channel 4 and ITV
It is the second such widespread outage in two months

Comments

  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Disruptions often mean that a web browser cannot find the content it is looking for.

    Other affected services reported by DownDetector included:

    Banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, and Halifax
    Gaming services including Steam, Call of Duty, and EA
    Streaming services on Channel 4 and ITV
    It is the second such widespread outage in two months

    Looks like Origin was effected, and it must have effected everyone downloading the new pack.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Could this be why so many are having trouble downloading Cottage Living? I had to restart my computer three times before it was available.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Disruptions often mean that a web browser cannot find the content it is looking for.

    Other affected services reported by DownDetector included:

    Banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, and Halifax
    Gaming services including Steam, Call of Duty, and EA
    Streaming services on Channel 4 and ITV
    It is the second such widespread outage in two months

    Looks like Origin was effected, and it must have effected everyone downloading the new pack.

    I'd check your country too. I found mine had been changed to Afghanistan!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I guess that means I should not place my order now.
  • Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

    But the website isn't down. Not saying that means they weren't affected, but their online services seem to be working fine otherwise. I can open The Sims and the gallery, Origin is working fine, and their website as well. So downdetector probably won't have a lot of people reporting it as being down.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,208 Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM but it does say some banks as well which would affect peoples credit card transactions not going through. So then they don't get the option to download. Just a thought.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Origin was the one thing that did not get affected for me. I downloaded CoL right as EA Play Live was doing its recap before the main show.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    edited July 2021
    I got this via the Daily Express (UK email) so go to them for more info.

    Bank MELTDOWN as Barclays, Halifax, Lloyds, TSB and Tesco Bank NOT WORKING for thousands
    A NUMBER of the biggest high street banks have suffered a colossal outage - leaving thousands of customers unable to access mobile or online banking services in the UK right now.

    [/b]
    "Update: DNS service Akamai, which is widely believed to be behind the vast outages impacting the biggest banks in the UK, says it has implemented a fix and expects "normal operations" to resume soon. However, it cautions that it's continuing to monitor the situation, which has left customers from Halifax, Barclays, Lloyds, and TSB unable to access their accounts, make payments, or manage credit cards.

    Update: DNS service Akamai, which is widely believed to be behind the vast outages impacting the biggest banks in the UK, says it has implemented a fix and expects "normal operations" to resume soon. However, it cautions that it's continuing to monitor the situation, which has left customers from Halifax, Barclays, Lloyds, and TSB unable to access their accounts, make payments, or manage credit cards..................


    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1466365/Barclays-Halifax-Lloyds-TSB-Tesco-Bank-UK-Online-Banking-Not-Working-Down-Outage?utm_source=daily_express_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_evening_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=311b9291-e580-4784-942f-ef5ca4928eff
  • Options
    LilSnakeHipsLilSnakeHips Posts: 69 Member
    Well..... sorry to hear about the outage. At least I now know why I cant get Cottage Living. I also read in anothers post about their time/country had been changed to. Mine was also. It was changed to UK. I have changed it back to US. I have also noticed at Orgin that I have 2 Cottage Living exp that was preordered. Not sure as to why. I hope whatever happen isnt because of hacker/highjackers and that things are fixed quickly.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Origin was not effected in the US.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I guess that means I should not place my order now.

    Same here!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,449 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Disruptions often mean that a web browser cannot find the content it is looking for.

    Other affected services reported by DownDetector included:

    Banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, and Halifax
    Gaming services including Steam, Call of Duty, and EA
    Streaming services on Channel 4 and ITV
    It is the second such widespread outage in two months

    Looks like Origin was effected, and it must have effected everyone downloading the new pack.

    I'd check your country too. I found mine had been changed to Afghanistan!

    My location in Origin is always Ireland by default. Not sure why that is so and I always have to change it manually when purchasing. I had no issues purchasing and downloading it last night apart from having to re-start Origin to get the download to start.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top