Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of problems we encountered so far since the July 20 patch

Comments

• Honey_OyanibHoney_Oyanib Posts: 3 New Member
    Since installing the patch/update for Cottage Living (but not the game pack itself) I have at least two animations (aside from the restaurant issues as mentioned in this thread) that are bugged:

The Invention Constructor -- Animation begins misaligned and then freezes completely, but the object being built is finished and usable.

The Surgical Table -- As above, patient is misaligned and then the animation freezes, but a baby does pop into the cradle as it should.

I haven't seen anything else, but I haven't played through very much either.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    For me now it's impossible to play a multi sim household. I don't have cottage living but since the update my game is messed up. Sims action queue clears as soon as I switch to another sim so I can't take care of everyone's needs. They either just stand still for ages, walk in circles with an umbrella or repeatedly try to queue the same action obsessively e.g. working out on treadmill. This is the worst affected my game has been because of a patch.

So true. Interactions were never cancelled in my game until the patch. Just finished a sim week with the Watsons and it was an utter nightmare. Had to keep switching focus between them to make sure they kept moving.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    Is family aspiration still broken?
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 2021
    I can't get the picnic basket to work. When I tell my sim to place it on a table, it doesn't show up. My sim waves his hand like he is putting it out, but nothing ever shows.
    Edit: This is at the picnic table with the lamp, there is an error report for it if anyone else is having this issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Can-t-place-picnic-basket-on-a-table-with-a-lamp/td-p/10556208
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Sound is disabling whenever I start the game. I have to delete the options file every time or there won't be sound. Plus about a million other things. But that game is completely unplayable because sims drop their queue or don't move until the camera is on them. Can't play at all like this.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Sims are still teleporting from the top of stairs, Sims randomly have sparks coming off them, Toddler skills won't update, Sims can't grab food servings for Toddlers, Paranormal Investigator Career sometimes sends Sims into the middle of nowhere in particular, Sound is getting stuck and repeating, that's the main ones I've noticed for now.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Paranormal career seance circles aren't working, items needed to complete the task don't spawn properly, or they spawn all at once with 2 minutes to go 'til the end of work.

Sims are randomly disappearing and reappearing. I can still see the plumbob, I just can't see the sim.

Cooking together is patchy at best.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I've noticed that when I send toddlers to daycare, you can still hear them laughing and talking in the background. It's rather creepy :s
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    @bixters yes that happens with university students who are at class too :/ at least as of May or so.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    Travel is broken: No action appears after selecting Travel by phone. Travel to festivals frequently results in game crashing.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited July 2021
    I finally patched my game and...several of my sims names are gone, I guess when they will fix this I will have to give them all their names back. That's going to be a pain.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    My Sim cannot do crossstitch. The action never appears in the queue.
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    I seem to have developed a lag issue and when I ask a sim to do a task they just stand there frozen and don't move
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    edited August 2021
    Well I've done every single thing suggested regarding restaurants, including resetting folders (sorry if that's the wrong term, hopefully you know what I mean without me having to go back through the posts here to double check the correct terminology lol).

*** And there is currently not a single item of CC (or mods) in my game, as I removed the whole lot. ***

I've retested two of my restaurants since then. As restaurant owner the chefs still stood outside for an oddly long time before coming in. Two or more hours.

Clearly it is not just a CC problem, so I'm confused.

As a patron (at a third restaurant), I could not get seated. I tried to get the Sim to request a table a second time, but still I could not be seated. She stood around grabbing her stomach in hunger. Then took herself to the toilet when her bladder required it. But she could not be seated.
    Post edited by PriestessDreadful on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Toddlers walk also seem broken. Am I the only one? It's like the animation start et restart again...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I've noticed that when I send toddlers to daycare, you can still hear them laughing and talking in the background. It's rather creepy :s

Same for classes at University, except it would happen before the patch.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2021
    Some of my sims have had their names changed. It is highly irritating, that I need to name them back, especially when I don't remember what it was, just that it wasn't that name. Some of the placed and played houses are suddenly without furniture, and some are missing entirely. I used to be able to click on the homegoing sim, when the other sim was busy out in another place, just when I need to take photos without the plumbob. I can't do that anymore.
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    For some of us, clearly this really was a disaster patch, wasn't it? :(
    Toddlers walk also seem broken. Am I the only one? It's like the animation start et restart again...

Same here.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    I seem to have developed a lag issue and when I ask a sim to do a task they just stand there frozen and don't move

The last time I checked, the official bug report thread for that bug is over 18 pages long. So a lot of people are having your issue.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sims are still teleporting from the top of stairs, Sims randomly have sparks coming off them, Toddler skills won't update, Sims can't grab food servings for Toddlers, Paranormal Investigator Career sometimes sends Sims into the middle of nowhere in particular, Sound is getting stuck and repeating, that's the main ones I've noticed for now.

Just call me sparky 😂🤗 I guess that's why the bartender refused to make drinks.

Also HOW did they manage to break the game so much?
    Did they just let the interns work on the game and everyone else went on a six month vacation?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Some of my sims have had their names changed. It is highly irritating, that I need to name them back, especially when I don't remember what it was, just that it wasn't that name. Some of the placed and played houses are suddenly without furniture, and some are missing entirely. I used to be able to click on the homegoing sim, when the other sim was busy out in another place, just when I need to take photos without the plumbob. I can't do that anymore.

I had the naming problem with one (thankfully only one...so far) of my sims with the latest patch. She's married to one of my main-family-line sims and took his last name when they got married, but reverted to her maiden name. I haven't seen any other name-change weirdness (not to say it doesn't exist, only that I haven't seen it because it's probably been some whatever townie I renamed as part of my massive world edit a couple months ago and just lost track of.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    Did people menton almost all the group activity are broken especially the snowy escape one ?
    If you go on a group hiking , you'll game will stuck even worst crash . Skiing or snowboarding with someone in your group , they won't come with you . And building snowman together is borken too . SE is already a shallow packs . Sims team manage to make it game breaking now . They always want to add new experimental featured but give up on old contents people enjoyed . Now they're talking about pack refresh . I wonder what will they break this time . Well actually , I won't know because I'm not touching the game before everything they cause in this patch are fixed .
    My scientist created a simray but the invention machine never moved during the process.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Oh my gosh. I haven’t played the game much since the patch because I have been making lots for my sims in HOB….. now I’m afraid to even go in and play my families with all of these problems.