Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of problems we encountered so far since the July 20 patch

Comments

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Sims will pause what they're doing if they are not physically in view of the camera, for example if you send a sim upstairs to read at a book case and stay downstairs, they will stand by the book case until you go to watch them, then they will pick up the book. If you play with more than one sim, pretty much an unplayable game.

@manicobsessive I noticed a sim I sent to do things took awhile to start. Now, because of your comment, I think it was because the camera needed to be on them to start SMH. Did you file a bug report?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah to add the teleporting is worse. I’ll be playing with a sim and there family member will pop up next to them out of nowhere. It’s not common per say but a bit jarring.
  • X452X452 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just had a problem with zoomer today. My sims are paying for food that they dont ever receive. Other than that every thing is good on my end.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Sims will pause what they're doing if they are not physically in view of the camera, for example if you send a sim upstairs to read at a book case and stay downstairs, they will stand by the book case until you go to watch them, then they will pick up the book. If you play with more than one sim, pretty much an unplayable game.

@manicobsessive I noticed a sim I sent to do things took awhile to start. Now, because of your comment, I think it was because the camera needed to be on them to start SMH. Did you file a bug report?

Somebody already has, I pressed me too though. I am so upset that I have Cottage Living installed and ready to go, but I can't properly play it. It's been such a long wait already, and now I have to wait until this infernal bug is fixed. :'(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    New mermaids created in CAS have no tails. To make them work you have to use the cheat:

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid_TYAE

Here's the thread with good advice from crinrict:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAORUND-IL-CAS-created-Mermaids-have-no-tail-no-hydration-bar/m-p/10535808/highlight/false#M191370
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Yeah to add the teleporting is worse. I’ll be playing with a sim and there family member will pop up next to them out of nowhere. It’s not common per say but a bit jarring.

I've been getting this bug too but it's mostly when I have the camera focused on one sim when I'm directing them to do something and then the other sim will pop up next the object or the other sim. At least the fishing bug was funnier. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• JSkidds2294JSkidds2294 Posts: 10 New Member
    I have the issue described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Invention-Conserver-displaying-over-sim/m-p/10536651#M191439
    Sims also get stuck at the bottom/top of stairs if I'm not on them with the camera. I saw this reported elsewhere on here and I have "me too"'d the report on EA's website.
    This makes the game unplayable for me. It sucks.
    Honestly I put the game on the same level as Cyberpunk 2077 now. I'm so mad and I wish it just worked. I may go back to sims 3 because of it.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims making food then leaving it.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I dont know if this is my problem or its patch/ep related but my household manager looks like this

fhTh9QN.jpg

The stretched ones are foxes... Dont know if this is happening to more users
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • JSkidds2294JSkidds2294 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="pandie00;c-17940322"]I dont know if this is my problem or its patch/ep related but my household manager looks like this

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fhTh9QN.jpg[/img]

The stretched ones are foxes... Dont know if this is happening to more users[/quote]
    Yes there is a report on the EA issues place (don’t know what it is called). You will want to “me too” it that way they can see how many people are having the issue. The more that do that the faster they will fix the issue (I hope).
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2021
    my casters are faceless i removed mods and they remain faceless at least in cas i havent taken any into world

ETA:

Fixed this I actually still had a script mod that wasn't in the folder i put script mods in, it was the no ea lashes, the updated one
    Post edited by ladybreid on
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    xxmikadoxx wrote: »
    I can’t find the Island Living ladders. Checked everywhere 😕

They are a tab in the stairs, i think.

When I place ducks and geese in the new pond, all I can see is their little disembodied feet.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I dont know if this is my problem or its patch/ep related but my household manager looks like this

fhTh9QN.jpg

The stretched ones are foxes... Dont know if this is happening to more users
    Yes there is a report on the EA issues place (don’t know what it is called). You will want to “me too” it that way they can see how many people are having the issue. The more that do that the faster they will fix the issue (I hope).

Yes, the weird looking foxes in manage households is a reported bug on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Foxes-wrongly-appear-as-households-in-household-manager/m-p/10529148#M190659
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I wasn't playing between the time the patch and the expansion pack were downloaded, but there's this weird graphic glitch that jumbles drop down boxes, buttons in the exit menu, the traits section on CAS, etc.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Step relationships are messed up. Stepchildren are fine if you go from them in the genealogy panel and you see the step-parent. But the step-parent doesn't have the stepchild in their tree at all now. Not even a broken line.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • LalaskyeLalaskye Posts: 4 New Member
    Can anyone else complete the errand "Meddlin' and Peddlin'"? I'm stuck trying to encourage to flirt, I choose other sims > hook up, the two sims in question have flirted (I saw one give the other a rose) and I get pop ups that they are in love, but no credit!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited July 2021
    To be honest, I have not removed the mods folder, yet. But I did notice that my level 5 movement Toddler has a peculiar stutter to her walk. Since others have reported this and they don't use mods, I'm at a loss as to what to think. Guess, I'll just have to remove the mods and see what happens. Mind you, all of these mods have been cleared by the respective creators, or I wouldn't have put them into my game.

The other snag on my road to total Joy was that Joannah in my first household ordered groceries to be delivered. I was excited about what was offered so, she went a little crazy and bought almost one of each. Total was over §400.00. Never heard the knock on the door. Only was aware groceries had been delivered by a pop-up. The Deliverer complained that nobody was home, so the bag was left on the front porch. Inside the bag when my Sim (who never left the lot) retrieved had only two (2) items in it. Face/palm. She very much wants a refund or at least an explanation as to why the order was shorted.

The third thing I discovered is a true Rotation style of gameplay isn't feasible. I set up the first household, making sure they purchased a Llama, a Cow and two chickens: a Hen and a Rooster, to start. I even had them fuss about their already started crops, plus added the grow larger patches of ground to get started for the upcoming festivals. All was well, so I left to tend to the second household. I played there for three Sim days After Joannah was part of the Welcome Wagon, on day three she invited the eldest girl, a Teen, from the second household over for a visit. I took Sarah Jane there. I was totally appalled at the state of their crops. The corn (cc from Icemunmun) had all died, and the rest of the crops didn't look good. This means, I will have to simply concentrate on one household. Unless the MCCC mod can make it so my non-active Sims will spontaneously garden. I had hoped that the eldest Teen, a son, in the first household would complete with Sarah Jane at the first festival. These two will eventually be wed.

But, that's how I left things when I played yesterday.
    SwanSong93 wrote: »
    About the restaurant issue, the chefs go to their stations as soon as a customer is seated by the host. At least for my game.

The feminine fame walkstyle on my handsome boys--so cringey!!

Makes me glad I'm not playing my Global Superstar right now. That's my Main save, else I'd cringe, too. It's bad enough he wore feminine shoes at his Uni graduation. :open_mouth:
    Archie128 wrote: »
    New problem:

Origin is saying I need to purchase Cottage Living again despite the fact that I pre-ordered it and got charged. I even got the reward items which means the transaction was successful.

Seen A LOT of people on Twitter with this problem!

I finally got it after I slept. It's just a matter of waiting although the reason why I pre-ordered was that I wanted to play right away.
    kusurusu wrote: »
    I just had Bella use the express admiration interaction on Alexander (after switching aspiration) and the counter increased.

Mine is just stuck at 0/10 🙁

It also happens with Meet 10 new Sims. My Sim introduced himself to 5 new Sims but the counter only went to 3/10.

Okay, I wondered why my Sim only had 1 out of three. He introduced himself to the Welcome Wagon, or at least I put such in his queue, yet he only got credit for one, yet was able to chat with the others, so introductions did take place. I think I'll change out his Aspiration for the time-being. Oi!

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    To be more specific, I get this graphic glitch even when I have script mods turned off. Heck, it first appeared when the game shut off my mods to download the updates and expansion pack. Here's what I'm talking about...

Screenshot-1.png
    2021-07-24-1.png

And worse yet, when I check on my Other Households tab, I can only go down a certain amount until I hit this.
    2021-07-24-2.png
  • SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    My doors and computers are missing and when I try to place them again I get a “script error”
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    SimsSlay wrote: »
    My doors and computers are missing and when I try to place them again I get a “script error”

That's a mod problem.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited July 2021
    xxmikadoxx wrote: »
    I can’t find the Island Living ladders. Checked everywhere 😕

I don't play the game in English, but you can guess where to find the laddder from the position in the screenshot:

41ziebgs0cfp.png
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I know there are more but so far these are the problems that I have encountered since the last patch:
    1. Check gigs button for actors/actresses not working
    2. Fame walk for male celebrities 4-star and above now the same with females
    3. Restaurant not functioning properly- Animation for waiters delivering food is still there but the foods do not appear on the table; leaving customers do not add to the number of reviews
    4. Family aspiration stuck at level 2 because no matter what interaction a parent does with his/her child, it's not adding to the 10 interactions required

Please add yours 🙂

Note: I don't have mods.

My chefs have disappeared. Two different restaurants. Yes I use mods but these restaurants were functioning perfectly well before the update.

Customers can go in, sit down, order, etc. But nobody is at the cooking stations - the chefs actually do not turn up at all, although the host and wait staff do - and there is old food just left abandoned on the cooking stations with stink-smoke coming off them. So the customers just sit and wait and wait - no food appears, 'cause there is nobody there cooking it!