Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Restaurants completely Broken after this patch

2...Next

Comments

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @troshalom that peeing thing has been in my game for a while. Sims often just go to the toilet, not go, and then leave. Or sit for a second and then get up again without having done anything. Urinary retention?

@elanorbreton 1st time I encountered it.
    Made bug report - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-cannot-empty-bladder-on-community-lot/m-p/10533972#M191193
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yolee wrote: »
    @Yolee That has to be frustrating. I've had only a few of the issues you mention, and only a time or two. The chefs do tend to stand outside until my Sims order their food. I figure they're taking a break until they have a meal to prepare. Some of the guests do wander around. Anytime my Sims go on dates to restaurants, their meal and conversation are interrupted by Sims who hang out at their table. I remember getting a dinner date to come back to the table with one of the commands...maybe Sit Together.

The hostesses do work hard. I hope they all get bonuses, because they earn them.

Yes its fustrating and I want a refund at this point, for all my packs. I cant play the game as intended. Also, I OWN restaurants so thats what Im talking about. My restaurants cant function with these bugs.

I'm having the same level of issues as you, and that includes after removing CCs, after doing a repair game, after clearing cache, and all the rest. I even went to one of my original restaurants in which I've never used a single piece of CC ever - still won't work, the chefs refusing to come inside being the biggest issue.

I also run quite a few restaurants and have done for ages, so this has made my game quite dysfunctional. It's the worst patch/update disaster I've ever had. Pretty sure at this point I'll never buy any further packs etc because it seems like when things get messed up this badly, every dollar you've ever spent is kind of wasted.

I've never complained to this degree, but I'm spitting chips this time around.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've been enjoying restaurants for years as an owner and a visitor. I only ever had issues caused by cc or bad placement of build items. My restaurants are working perfectly fine. Just had a couple get married at one lol

I'm sorry you are having issues but I can't imagine what it could be.... have to tried a brand new save?
    Honestly saying EA FIX THE ISSUE! Does not magically fix the issue. The only way they can fix it is to be able to reproduce your exact issue. That's why it's important you start cc/mod free on a new save to test it. If it still happens report it so they can reproduce it.
    Then you have to be patient so they take time to discover why this is happening and fix it.
    Unless you just don't want the game all together you can just do something else in the game if you find restaurants unplayable for now.
    But it's working fine for me personally. I have all packs,mods and cc
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Just popping in to post the link for reporting issues to EA, if they occur in vanilla saves: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    Nope, nothing worked. So we can say owning a restaurant in the Sims is Broken and leave it at that.

Or, you can start a new game with no cc or mods and see if it works? CC and mods can permanently break your save, too.
  • LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    You might want to try resetting your Sims 4 folder after pulling out all mods and cc. It’s the equivalent of re-installing the game fresh without the hassle. I do it regularly. With the game closed,
    move your current Sims 4 folder to the desktop or a thumb drive, some place safe.
    Then restart your game, you only have to load to the welcome screen.
    The exit the game again. You will have a brand new Sims 4 folder.
    Now copy your tray & save files to the new folder.
    If you want also copy your screenshot folder back (I try to keep mine empty because it reduces lag. I move them to a desktop folder regularly.).
    If you have custom music copy that file to the new folder as well,
    also there’s a file called options or options.ini copy that to your new folder too, it has all your settings like if you prefer the Sims 3 camera, or 14 day seasons etc.

Leave the mods folder out for now. Test your restaurants and see if your issues persist. If not exit without saving so you don’t foul up your cc, and try the 50/50 method of testing exiting without saving each time until the problem appears. Then work toward isolating the culprit. Once you do that you can put all your mods/cc back again.
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    LilyLulu wrote: »
    You might want to try resetting your Sims 4 folder after pulling out all mods and cc. It’s the equivalent of re-installing the game fresh without the hassle. I do it regularly. With the game closed,
    move your current Sims 4 folder to the desktop or a thumb drive, some place safe.
    Then restart your game, you only have to load to the welcome screen.
    The exit the game again. You will have a brand new Sims 4 folder.
    Now copy your tray & save files to the new folder.
    If you want also copy your screenshot folder back (I try to keep mine empty because it reduces lag. I move them to a desktop folder regularly.).
    If you have custom music copy that file to the new folder as well,
    also there’s a file called options or options.ini copy that to your new folder too, it has all your settings like if you prefer the Sims 3 camera, or 14 day seasons etc.

Leave the mods folder out for now. Test your restaurants and see if your issues persist. If not exit without saving so you don’t foul up your cc, and try the 50/50 method of testing exiting without saving each time until the problem appears. Then work toward isolating the culprit. Once you do that you can put all your mods/cc back again.

Thanks I will try everything you suggested.
    edited August 2021
    I've done everything suggested, and I have also removed every single remnant of CCs and mods. Restaurants are still broken, in short. I've scrolled through the EA forums and can't find anything on it. I might have to start a report myself. Honestly, though, it shouldn't have to be this hard, this often.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I don't dare go out to eat now it's so busted. But, on the bright side I've been having more dinner parties and building cute little covered outdoor areas that are warm and inviting. They've been real fun actually

... but yeah, my entire dine out is a disaster.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Crinrict was able to replicate the chef standing outside issue:

Here’s the direct link to the post:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2021/07/chef-stands-outside-restaurant/

It can apparently be resolved by resetting them.
    Restting? OK Ill try it, ty!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited August 2021
    I just built restaurant
    (or well in my mind its more of hotel)
    in old new neighborhood of henford

and all sims keep changing to swimwear (not restaurant attire)
    and chatting interrupting and crowding the place
    + one of the waiters apparently doesn't know how to use toilet so i keep filling their needs

but all the actual restaurant functions otherwise work all fine orders come quick and all

i just don't understand why the lot gets so overcrowded its really irritating

they really should let us set customer limits
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Crinrict was able to replicate the chef standing outside issue:

That solved problem for me. Great!
    Oh, the standard reset sim cheat? Awesome, I'll try that. I'll read crinrict's link first though to make sure I'm getting it right.
    edited August 2021

Okay, thank you Pamtastic (and crinrict, if you read the forums here), I followed crinrict's instructions and this worked - at least when I'm running the restaurant (I didn't test it as a customer).

HOWEVER, it seems you have to do it for every shift. *slumps shoulders*. Feeling jaded, shouldn't have to do that on every shift.

• GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Resetting the chef works for the customer also.

I do not own any restaurants. However, my sims like to go out to socialize. I have experienced both restaurants where no food is received for what seems forever, and others where everything runs normally. My restaurants are a combination of Maxis built and Gallery downloads. One of the restaurants where everything ran smoothly is notoriously bad on a regular basis, yet this time it was great.

I hope this gets resolved quickly for those of you trying to own/run restaurants. Maybe then they will get around to fixing gardening.
    Thank you, thank you people! The resetting thing works. Yes, I have to do it everytime but at least it works. I can run my returants again and I can go to a restaurant and have fun again. THANK YOU!
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I've been enjoying restaurants for years as an owner and a visitor. I only ever had issues caused by cc or bad placement of build items. My restaurants are working perfectly fine. Just had a couple get married at one lol

I'm sorry you are having issues but I can't imagine what it could be.... have to try a brand new save?
    Honestly saying EA FIX THE ISSUE! Does not magically fix the issue. The only way they can fix it is to be able to reproduce your exact issue. That's why it's important you start cc/mod free on a new save to test it. If it still happens report it so they can reproduce it.
    Then you have to be patient so they take time to discover why this is happening and fix it.
    Unless you just don't want the game all together you can just do something else in the game if you find restaurants unplayable for now.
    But it's working fine for me personally. I have all packs, mods and cc
    Whenever do they refresh the dine out it will remain broken if not broken on their part they won't fix it,

[img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I noticed this issue on a vanilla game I've never used mods or cc in. I was thinking of repairing the game or removing some seating outside. I haven't tried it yet but I just had a very frustrating experience at a restaurant I renovated from a cafe Maxis made (Mimi's Cottage or something like that it came with Windenburg). Is there a guide to successfully build a restaurant spaciously so I don't have this problem again?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm not just having issues with the chefs standing outside, but also the waitstaff just standing around doing nothing, and by nothing, I mean everything else BUT serving food. Have wall-mounted speakers? They'll be there dancing to the music, have a bar? They'll be there drinking at the and chatting with the customers, have decore? They'll be there gawking at the decore or else just standing around browsing the internet or playing games on their phone.
    That's on top of the usual bungled mess that is Dine Out since Island Living came out if not just before, sims not sitting down to eat, staying at their table or else butting in on each other's conversations or wandering off to do otherthings.

I hope that the next pack to get a revamp is Dine Out, I hope the team is working their butts off to fix this broken mess of a pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults