Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Restaurants completely Broken after this patch

YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
My Sims cannot run any restaurants after todays patch. Cooks do not enter restaurants, they stand outside. Also, older problems that were never fixed: Sims not eating, gathering around and not staying seated, etc. And dont refer me to that garbage technical Issues website as the advice there is totally useless.

FIX THIS GAME EA!

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    My Sims cannot run any restaurants after todays patch. Cooks do not enter restaurants, they stand outside. Also, older problems that were never fixed: Sims not eating, gathering around and not staying seated, etc. And dont refer me to that garbage technical Issues website as the advice there is totally useless.

FIX THIS GAME EA!

The part of your post that I bolded is a known CC specific issue. You need to remove the CC in your restaurant to figure out which CC is breaking the restaurant. Broken CC will prevent your employees from entering the restaurant.

The new patch has broken a ton of mods, so it goes without saying that it has more than likely also broken a bunch of CC items.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Yolee I just dropped my Slip 42 Cafe into Strangerville in my Build Save, which is a vanilla game, and my sims were able to get a table, order food, and eat it. Actually fairly quickly.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-33.png
    The only issue I saw was one sim had to pee and went to the toilet about 5ish times, sat on it, flushed washed his hands but never actually emptied his bladder.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-07.png
    He is paranoid so don't know if he has issues with public restrooms, but I never saw this happen before. Finally he went to the kitchen and peed on himself, drank his Alien drink and went home.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-48.png
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-53.png

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @troshalom that peeing thing has been in my game for a while. Sims often just go to the toilet, not go, and then leave. Or sit for a second and then get up again without having done anything. Urinary retention?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Yolee I just dropped my Slip 42 Cafe into Strangerville in my Build Save, which is a vanilla game, and my sims were able to get a table, order food, and eat it. Actually fairly quickly.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-33.png
    The only issue I saw was one sim had to pee and went to the toilet about 5ish times, sat on it, flushed washed his hands but never actually emptied his bladder.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-07.png
    He is paranoid so don't know if he has issues with public restrooms, but I never saw this happen before. Finally he went to the kitchen and peed on himself, drank his Alien drink and went home.
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-48.png
    Screenshot-07-21-2021-00-02-53.png

this made me laugh…..
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2021
    Anyone try it with all packs installed? I don’t use mods or CC, but I do use all packs, and I’m hoping it works in already saved games.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I'm on Xbox, so no Mods or CC and I took my Sims to Chez Llama. The chef was outside as others have said (so not a CC only issue), but he did come in and cook once food was ordered and my Sims were served and ate as normal. So not a huge issue, but still bizzare.

Also, when you are referred to the technical issues website (Answers HQ), it's usually so you can report the issue properly and have it looked into by a developer, as they don't read these forums. It also allows other players to see if they are experiencing the same problems as them.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Anyone try it with all packs installed? I don’t use mods or CC, but I do use all packs, and I’m hoping it works in already saved games.

I have all packs installed and as I posted earlier in the thread, both patronizing and owning a restaurant worked perfectly fine in a vanilla save. In fact I had forgotten how fun and challenging owning a restaurant was so now I think I will have a sim buy one in one of my saves.

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm on Xbox, so no Mods or CC and I took my Sims to Chez Llama. The chef was outside as others have said (so not a CC only issue), but he did come in and cook once food was ordered and my Sims were served and ate as normal. So not a huge issue, but still bizzare.

Also, when you are referred to the technical issues website (Answers HQ), it's usually so you can report the issue properly and have it looked into by a developer, as they don't read these forums. It also allows other players to see if they are experiencing the same problems as them.

The chef standing outside isn't caused by broken cc. The chef standing outside and never being able to come in to the restaurant and cook (even after food is ordered) is the specific problem caused by corrupt/broken cc.

I've had that issue happen with a few of my restaurants to the point that I just no longer bother using cc in any restaurants anymore to save myself the hassle of trying to figure out which item is causing the issue. For whatever reason, restaurants are easily corrupted by items used in them (source coding issues?).

It's also worth noting that cc items that work perfectly fine elsewhere in a game may still end up causing an issue in restaurants, for whatever reason. That's why I've gone the easy route and just simply stopped using any cc in restaurants. Problem solved.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

The chef standing outside isn't caused by broken cc. The chef standing outside and never being able to come in to the restaurant and cook (even after food is ordered) is the specific problem caused by corrupt/broken cc.

I've had that issue happen with a few of my restaurants to the point that I just no longer bother using cc in any restaurants anymore to save myself the hassle of trying to figure out which item is causing the issue. For whatever reason, restaurants are easily corrupted by items used in them (source coding issues?).

Ah, I see! Sorry I completely misunderstood your comment. :smile:

I have no idea about coding and won't pretend that I do, haha! Restaurants are one of my favourite features though, so to have them completely non-functional must be so frustrating, I don't blame you for not using CC in them.
  • Options

FIX THIS GAME EA!

The part of your post that I bolded is a known CC specific issue. You need to remove the CC in your restaurant to figure out which CC is breaking the restaurant. Broken CC will prevent your employees from entering the restaurant.

The new patch has broken a ton of mods, so it goes without saying that it has more than likely also broken a bunch of CC items.

OK, this is why I cant get my head around this game: I REMOVED ALL CC AND IT STILL HAPPENED! I dont even use alot of CC, the 10 or so that I used was for the Sims appearance lile a skin or lipstick/ I dont use furniture, clothing, etc CC. I would think if Im coming to the forums as a Sims player with ALL packs it would be understood that CC was removed and the issue STILL OCCURRED. Also, the restuarants are a hot mess, with no one sitting at their tables, waiters chating outside. the ONLY thing working is the hostess. She seats people only for them to Automatically get up and stand around or go chat.

Ill say it again: EA FIX YOUR GAME!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Yolee That has to be frustrating. I've had only a few of the issues you mention, and only a time or two. The chefs do tend to stand outside until my Sims order their food. I figure they're taking a break until they have a meal to prepare. Some of the guests do wander around. Anytime my Sims go on dates to restaurants, their meal and conversation are interrupted by Sims who hang out at their table. I remember getting a dinner date to come back to the table with one of the commands...maybe Sit Together.

The hostesses do work hard. I hope they all get bonuses, because they earn them.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @Yolee That has to be frustrating. I've had only a few of the issues you mention, and only a time or two. The chefs do tend to stand outside until my Sims order their food. I figure they're taking a break until they have a meal to prepare. Some of the guests do wander around. Anytime my Sims go on dates to restaurants, their meal and conversation are interrupted by Sims who hang out at their table. I remember getting a dinner date to come back to the table with one of the commands...maybe Sit Together.

The hostesses do work hard. I hope they all get bonuses, because they earn them.

Yes its fustrating and I want a refund at this point, for all my packs. I cant play the game as intended. Also, I OWN restaurants so thats what Im talking about. My restaurants cant function with these bugs.
  • Options

FIX THIS GAME EA!

OK, this is why I cant get my head around this game: I REMOVED ALL CC AND IT STILL HAPPENED! I dont even use alot of CC, the 10 or so that I used was for the Sims appearance lile a skin or lipstick/ I dont use furniture, clothing, etc CC. I would think if Im coming to the forums as a Sims player with ALL packs it would be understood that CC was removed and the issue STILL OCCURRED. Also, the restuarants are a hot mess, with no one sitting at their tables, waiters chating outside. the ONLY thing working is the hostess. She seats people only for them to Automatically get up and stand around or go chat.

After you removed your cc did you delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder? Because sometimes mods and cc can leave lingering “footprints” in your game after you remove them and deleting that file can clean that up.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Yolee That probably makes a huge difference. My Sims don't own the restaurant. They just eat there.

Hopefully they'll fix the issue so you can enjoy your game again. *makes a note to not try running a restaurant right now*
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    @Yolee That probably makes a huge difference. My Sims don't own the restaurant. They just eat there.

Hopefully they'll fix the issue so you can enjoy your game again. *makes a note to not try running a restaurant right now*

Except without cc or mods running a restaurant works just fine.
  • Options

No they do not. But I'm not belabouring this anymore.
  • Options

FIX THIS GAME EA!

After you removed your cc did you delete the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder? Because sometimes mods and cc can leave lingering “footprints” in your game after you remove them and deleting that file can clean that up.

I saw a folder that says "onlinelocalthumbcache", is that what you mean?
  • Options

FIX THIS GAME EA!

Yes that’s it.
  • Options

According to my testing which I posted earlier in the thread they did.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with restaurants. Too much clutter and too many tables, and too little spacing between tables (less than one full tile) can all cause bottle necks and routing failures making it difficult or impossible for your customers and staff to move about properly. That’s why I rarely ever download restaurants from the gallery anymore and on the rare occasion I do I usually have to edit them heavily because people try to cram too much in, or make them too big. I generally stick with the Maxis built ones in my library and carefully redecorate them, or build my own modeling them off of the Maxis ones as far as table count and space considerations.
  • Options

According to my testing which I posted earlier in the thread they did.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong with restaurants. Too much clutter and too many tables, and too little spacing between tables (less than one full tile) can all cause bottle necks and routing failures making it difficult or impossible for your customers and staff to move about properly. That’s why I rarely ever download restaurants from the gallery anymore and on the rare occasion I do I usually have to edit them heavily because people try to cram too much in, or make them too big. I generally stick with the Maxis built ones in my library and carefully redecorate them, or build my own modeling them off of the Maxis ones as far as table count and space considerations.

As someone whos main Sims does nothing but run restaurants, some of which generate $10K and up per session (8hours) I know what your saying is true. If I do download I empty them out. I ususally build my own for this reason. I ensure pathing is spacious, I dont put extra seating around (Sims tend to sit on them and chat instead of staying at their tables) etc. I know the tricks to making a restaurant run well and profitably. Most of the stuff in the gallery is for "show" and are not pratical when your running it and have way too much seating. Ill try deleting that extra file and see how that works.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

FIX THIS GAME EA!

You need the file called localthumbcache. That's the one with gameplay cache. The folder is for stuff you looked at online.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Nope, nothing worked. So we can say owning a restaurant in the Sims is Broken and leave it at that.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Getting a gallery restaurant is like any other property - it usually needs tons of work to make it playable but IF you can figure out what's wrong the decor included makes it worthwhile. You need a sleuth mentality however and sometimes you can't hack it for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Nope, nothing worked. So we can say owning a restaurant in the Sims is Broken and leave it at that.

You can but it’s not true and it’s not fair to let other players think so. I had so much fun testing this I am still running Chez Llama and it’s working absolutely fine. Maybe your game file is corrupted.

FIX THIS GAME EA!

You need the file called localthumbcache. That's the one with gameplay cache. The folder is for stuff you looked at online.

Luth is right I went back and looked, the localthumbcache file is the one you want to delete it’s near the bottom of the list in the Sims4 folder and has an icon next to it that looks like a dog eared sheet of paper like this 📄 and not a file folder like this 📁.