Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why don't twins and triplets have a tag in game

Why is that you can have twins, but when you go into the relationship panel, you can't see that they are twins, or triplets? They just show up as siblings that's weird. I've always thought so.

I've also noticed that the basic relationship tags are gone from my game in the relationships panel. Like husbands with hover over their wife in the panel, and it will have all the info in it except the wife tag. But it will show who the spouse is. And their kid will only show if they're a kid, a toddler, a baby, and their traits.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love for the game to properly reconize twins/triples in the game.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    This would be amazing! I'm really hoping that when they start fixing/working on the relationships, (Step parents, uncles/aunts, etc) they'll also address the tags and allow the panels to show more information. I like being able to see this information and then look into their family trees.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited July 2021
    The clones have some specific interactions.

In real life, the twins have no special relationship compare to siblings with a fusional relationship.
    The only difference is the identical twins can swap and people tend to be wrong about their identity.

Sadly the game never manage the birth order, there is no big sister/brother, little sister/brother or twin status.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This always bothered me. In general every family is different. But many twins are actually not like regular siblings. Their bond and relationship is different. I know a pair of twins who only have one of everything because they share it,cell phone even. They say they are not two people but one.
    I have twins in game but it's not even acknowledged.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My older sisters are twins and, far from being one person in two bodies, are two very different women. One (the younger by 15 minutes) made a point of going to a college far from home in large part to finally establish an identity completely distinct from her sister. She met her husband there, and settled down nine hundred miles away.

Most twins are just siblings, who happen to be the same age. I don't think that they need a separate tag. You know they were born twins. That should be enough. I have as much in common with my sisters as they do with each other. Twins are rare, not magic.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well twins are just like anyone else. Each one is individual and different. Some are inseparable as one body. Some are like regular siblings and some don't even get along. But still they deserve their own tag and acknowledge 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Honestly, Id like their own tag even if it's just superficial and doesn't bring specific interactions. I rotate play and sometimes I forget who were twins/triplets and who were just born very closely as the game doesn't really keep track of birth order (and sometimes my handling of birthday cakes can mess things up a little).
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2021
    Thing is, they’re born on the same day but when auto age is on their birthdays are on separate days.

That seems like a fault in the system and needs to be resolved before tagging. The game says “ah wonderful, you’ve got twins or triplets!” But beyond the moodlets the game couldn’t care less whether these babes are twins or triplets. Their birthdays don’t even make sense.
    Unless I’m confusing this game with a previous iteration ( shows how often I have kids in TS4…😅)
    Sure tagging would be handy for those who play legacies, but I think that goes for all relationships in and outside of CAS. It’s all a bit wonky at the moment.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited August 2021
    Identical and fraternal twins don't exist in The Sims franchise, it would be time to fix that.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Honestly, Id like their own tag even if it's just superficial and doesn't bring specific interactions. I rotate play and sometimes I forget who were twins/triplets and who were just born very closely as the game doesn't really keep track of birth order (and sometimes my handling of birthday cakes can mess things up a little).

Right, and like honestly there's not even any like older brother/sister anything in game. Which could be fleshed out a lot or a little depending on how they decided to do it. But like the twins thing bothered me. But I realize it doesn't even notice who is older in the family. Like it randomly orders them in CAS and in the live sim panel, and the tree. And once you age them up they all look the same because the ages have no real distinction. All children look the same, then teens just look like young adults. So if you're two days older or twenty, and both are teens you look the same.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    To start out there weren´t even family trees, so maybe in another 6 years they get around to fleshing out relationships?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Identical and fraternal twins don't exist in The Sims franchise, it would be time to fix that.

I mean, they technically do? I mostly have fraternal twins but on rare occasions I do get identical ones. But the game just doesn't recognize them as such.