Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cafe Cinema - GlacierSnow's entry for July 2021 Blueprint Build Challenge

GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
This is my entry for the BB21 July 2021 Blueprint Build Challenge. I used the shell provided by @AlJay .

Lot name: Cafe Cinema
Lot type: cafe
My name on the Gallery: GhostofNobody
Link on Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CCDE30C7E7F511EB8D14ADE44B91FD6A?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BB21&max=50&maxis=false

This cafe can function as a movie theater if you use the Get Together club system to create some movie watching clubs.

Outside of building.

BB21-S-01.jpg

BB21-S-02.jpg

Lower floor has lobby area with refreshments counter, seating, restrooms, and a small arcade.

BB21-S-03.jpg

Upper floor has the movie theater.

BB21-S-04.jpg

Outside front of building at night with lights.

BB21-S-05.jpg

More pictures in next post.
Forum-Banner-01.jpg
Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,343 Member
    The downstairs lobby area...

BB21-S-06.jpg

BB21-S-07.jpg

BB21-S-08.jpg

BB21-S-09.jpg

BB21-S-10.jpg

BB21-S-11.jpg

More pictures in next post.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Upstairs hallway area with movie memorabilia displays.

BB21-S-12.jpg

BB21-S-13.jpg

Movie theater room.

BB21-S-14.jpg

I had good success with the club system to get sims watching movies autonomously. There were two movie clubs on site when I was testing. One with a couple active household sims in it, and the other completely uncontrolled by me, which showed up on its own. Sims from both clubs spent a lot of time watching movies, and the theater actually got quite full.

BB21-S-15.jpg

BB21-S-16.jpg

A few more details coming in final post...
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    The lower floor has a small arcade room. The cafe lot type seems to occasionally push sims to play arcade games. I did see various sims (not in clubs) play games for a short time. But if you want more arcade action, you could also make a club for this.

BB21-S-17.jpg

BB21-S-18.jpg

BB21-S-19.jpg

Restrooms.

BB21-S-20.jpg

There is a blank mural spot out back, ready for your sims to create whatever mural they want.

BB21-S-21.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Cafe Cinema is a lovely combined cafe and movie theatre! :) The cinema exterior design with signage, lights and patterned windows and door is lovely! Very nice lobby area with tables and booth seating to enjoy eating and drinking food from the cafe counter bar. The marble walls are elegantl! The movie posters look great on the walls! Very nice tables and chairs area for sims to use their laptops to access the internet. The upstairs movie watching area is very great! Very nice tiered rows of back armchairs for sims to enjoy watching movies on the large tv screen. Very nice arcade room for sims to have fun playing games on the arcade machine or gaming in the gaming cube.
    It is a very nice cinema and cafe :)
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for your detailed comments and appreciation @Rosemow ! You always make my day. This movie theater was fun to build, and I'm pleased that it seems to work the way I wanted with the club system. My sims will definitely enjoy going there.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg