Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improved Babies...or Modular Babies

This is a hot topic, I know. I don't think we will get fully freed non-object babies. The routing issues would be a nightmare.

I have a solution that would allow for them to be improved, but minimize the routing issues some.

Introduce a crib to have the baby in instead of a bassinet. The bassinet would still be an option and that would continue working like it does currently filling all needs, but none of the improvements except the update to parenting skill that is included with this. As your parenting skill increases, you unlock a UI similar to the bees/bugs/cows/chickens that tells you exactly what your baby needs by the end of the parenting skill. The entire nursery would be a modular system. Crib, changing table, play space, rocking chair (to burp the baby), etc...all of these would link together. You could have multiple cribs included in the modular system too. I think this would be a fair compromise this far into The Sims 4. Thoughts?

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm kind of lost on your concept. I'm not really understanding this modular part. What do you mean by modular? Are you talking objects that physically link to each other? I can for say that's not anything I would want or use, I don't want to have a pre-defined nursery, I want to be able to place any and all furniture in any way I desire for the nursery.

And why do you have to improve your parenting skills in order get these objects? New parents need all of these things, regardless of their parenting experience .... changing tables, rocking chairs, and cribs are something that should be readily available from the moment the baby is born in my opinion. I personally don't want to have to "skill" up in my parenting in order to be able to use those types of objects.

Maybe I'm just not understanding your concept.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I don't get how it would cause routing issues. I just want the ability to use different objects with babies and the ability to take them places.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I could be wrong, but I think that the ability to move chickens, cows, and llamas between sheds in Cottage Living is going to pave the way for babies to be moved between different objects - bassinettes at first, and then maybe cribs and bouncy chairs, and hopefully baby carriers (or maybe a baby carrier is the icon in your inventory when a baby is in there?) I thought I remembered reading that part of the reason that babies are as they are is that they didn't want sims putting them in their pocket, but livestock in your sim's inventory (or the household inventory) still have their needs depleted, so they may be able to do something similar with babies now.

They wouldn't need to be modular, or linked to the parenting skill (which makes no sense to me either)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Sims 2 babies is a must, even if they’re able to stand in the crib and have their own motives etc. I don’t think we’ll ever have this coming except when the next iteration comes out.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why would the routing issues be a nightmare with babies but not cats and dogs or toddlers? If they ever update the baby and it plays like a newborn its entire like stage (oh please no) they can have set points to drop off the baby be it the bassinet, crib, changing table, playmat, stroller where your Sim will place the baby when its not currently being carried. Now even better they can have the baby play as a baby not just newborn its entire life stage and allow the baby to crawl and not be a lifeless bassinet/floor object.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SarahSqueaksSarahSqueaks Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been thinking a lot about how babies could be better since Cottage Living. What if babies were still objects, but like the chickens, cows and llamas? There could be more objects that you could move the baby to like activity blankets or infant carriers; maybe even be able to take them off lot, since you can take animals to the fair. So, still an object, but not attached to a basinet. I feel like I would be happy with that, anyone else?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited November 2021
    When you said modular, I get the idea
    And will no cause routing problems.... only will cause sims cant pick them, feed them, chhange diappers, if you move the baby out of basinet or other "carrier thing"