Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you play to The Sims 4 ?

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Any day
    I am a sixty-six year old woman and all of my children are grown and as of yesterday married! I only worked sporadically after I got married and now am living a bit of a life of leisure. Mostly due to the fact that I suffered a catastrophic illness some years back. While I have recovered (by the grace of God) far better than expected, I tire easily, still. So, I play almost everyday. :) I know I'm totally spoiled, but loving it.

I'm only 42, but in a similar boat. Two of my kids are adults, the other two are teenagers, so all fairly self sufficient.
    I've worked sporadically as well, around whatever else was going on. Started having chronic pain in my early 20's (which I found out was RA eventually). It didn't slow me down much for years, but when I was in pain I always played Sims because it's a great distraction. It started really slowing me down the last few years, then I got sick with Covid last March. It permanently damaged my lungs and my energy levels tank fast. Anything I do is in bursts of a few hours, then I'm just done.

I do feel guilty sometimes because I end up playing Sims a lot now, but my husband is super supportive. If I'm obviously worn out or in pain, his response is "you should get a cup of coffee and go Sim for awhile." I'm definitely spoiled too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Any day
    I'm 52 with a beautiful young adult Daughter. I too suffer from chronic issues that takes my energy. When I was my Daughter's age I was just a new Mother & getting further education at the same time. When I wasn't at school I was working & still raising my Daughter. Sometimes I wonder where that girl in me went. I'm so greatful for my Creator, my Daughter, my Mom, my Civilization VI & my Sims 4. My games are a wonderful stress reliever. :)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Any day
    Whenever I feel like it usually after work or on days off from work which can be any day of the week. It’s a good way for me to switch off from work.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Other choice
    I play on the weekends or day's off, but sometimes, if I'm not too tired, I'll turn it on for an hour or so on some evenings. Last year I tried taking my laptop to work to play during lunch, but that doesn't work. I get too caught up and don't notice the time. Plus, my old laptop died and we are now down to one, and I don't want to risk it by taking it to work. Too easy to drop or forget it there.

If there is a patch (or new game) I'll turn it on that night for sure so it gets the download out of the way so it's ready whenever I want to play. I've been playing each night this week because I'm getting a few things ready for Cottage Living.
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Other choice
    Monday afternoon and Thursday mornings.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Any day
    I am a sixty-six year old woman and all of my children are grown and as of yesterday married! I only worked sporadically after I got married and now am living a bit of a life of leisure. Mostly due to the fact that I suffered a catastrophic illness some years back. While I have recovered (by the grace of God) far better than expected, I tire easily, still. So, I play almost everyday. :) I know I'm totally spoiled, but loving it.

I’m glad you’re okay. And congratulations on your child’s marriage! 🎊
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Any day
    I play whenever I can find the time. I am a WAHM, so my schedule is pretty flexible. I like to play in the mornings before my son gets up for the day or in the evenings once he and my husband are settled into their after school/ work activities. We are definitely a family of gamers, so that's usually games. ;)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Any day
    I'm widowed, retired, and live in a retirement community, so my time is pretty much free. Weekday mornings are usually pretty quiet around here so I can usually get in a couple of hours of gameplay before lunch, then I enjoy some of the activities here in the afternoons. I'll sometimes play for a bit in the evenings if there's nothing good on the TeeVee (like if my baseball team is off). And weekends are really quiet (though we've been trying to get more stuff going post-pandemic) so that's a good time for laundry and Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Any day
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I'm only 42, but in a similar boat. Two of my kids are adults, the other two are teenagers, so all fairly self sufficient.
    I've worked sporadically as well, around whatever else was going on. Started having chronic pain in my early 20's (which I found out was RA eventually). It didn't slow me down much for years, but when I was in pain I always played Sims because it's a great distraction. It started really slowing me down the last few years, then I got sick with Covid last March. It permanently damaged my lungs and my energy levels tank fast. Anything I do is in bursts of a few hours, then I'm just done.

I do feel guilty sometimes because I end up playing Sims a lot now, but my husband is super supportive. If I'm obviously worn out or in pain, his response is "you should get a cup of coffee and go Sim for awhile." I'm definitely spoiled too.

My husband was super supportive as well -- he wasn't interested in playing the game but he always liked (or at least tolerated) listening to my adventures. Take care of yourself and watch the energy levels; I saw a thing on Twitter that said, "Remember, you're not a cell phone; you don't have a backup recharger when you run out of energy!" B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Any day
    Any day, just skipping a few months between shifts of addiction lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Other choice
    When I'm home and feel like it.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    Other choice
    I play as often as I can, but with 5 kids (some already out of the house) and the youngest 2 in sports pretty much year round - it isn't always something I can do routinely, even though I wish I could! Right now, I'm trying to challenge myself to keep up with a designer town modeled after a TV series; it's ambitious, and I'm excited! ;)
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Any day
    Any hour not spent eating, sleeping, working, or taking care of my daily routine.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Any day
    Any nights actually I don't play during the days since I live with my folks worse hours be called for anything never get time to play or my rl friends would drag me out of the house so better for me at night.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Only the weekend and the days off
    I work full time and taking care of aging parents, so on weekends and on days off usually. Sometimes I play after work. Currently playing Stardew Valley to get excited for the upcoming pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Other choice
    Prefer Sims 3 but I play Sims 4 to check out updates so I get bored and go back to Bridgeport in Sims 3 and party with servos
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Any day
    I play every day, any time during the day and night. I'm disabled so I'm home a lot, between pretending to be a writer, I play the Sims!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other choice
    Any day during the year, besides summer. I'm too busy during summer.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    Any day
    I have a broken foot that isn't healing, so I end up sitting with my feet up a lot. So I play on my laptop frequently. The game loads very quickly, so I can just turn it off when I'm done playing. Not sure what's going to happen with my foot, but if it ends up needing surgery, I'll be spending even more time off my feet. Also, I have one child that doesn't always sleep through the night, so if I'm up at 4 am with him, I play to help me stay awake.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I chose other as I play whenever I can find time. I am retired but live in an apartment in my daughter's duplex. It is great being near family but everyone is in and out of my house and/or needs something and I stop whatever I am doing. My mother also just pops in. So I usually play for short periods of time until the next interruption as long as my chores are done. As the kids grow I will be able to play more but right now I am fine with it as I know I will be missing all the craziness when everyone is on their own! Rabellaka_Simming, I hope your foot heals quickly and well!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Other choice
    When I was working I generally only played on weekends. Now that I’m semi retired I can play more often, so I don’t have set days/times. Just depends on what else is going on.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Other choice
    Probably should have put any day, but
    i play after work after 5 and on weekends.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Any day
    I started playing in 2015 as a distraction from the ravages of chemotherapy for breast cancer. I have been in remission since then but I had to do chemo, surgery, and radiation twice before all was said and done and I still have to go in for infusion therapy of a biological agent to sustain my remission so I now have chronic fatigue syndrome. I can do things in limited bursts but it doesn’t take long for me to wear out. So I can’t work anymore in the traditional sense, I’m no longer married thank goodness, and my only child is grown and married. I am however currently the caregiver to my mom who is elderly and disabled so I am somewhat limited in the time I can play, but I also manage to find at least a couple of hours everyday.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other choice
    A. I have the time B. Am in the mood. Right now any simming goes to TS2.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Any day
    I play every day, any time during the day and night. I'm disabled so I'm home a lot, between pretending to be a writer, I play the Sims!

This. Took the words right out of my mouth. I also babysit my "adopted" daughter's child so she can work. She's my best friend's kid, and I've watched her grow up, so she's like a daughter to me. My kid works with her, so it works out for all of us. It's almost always up on my laptop.

Though, if you write, you are a writer. Though most of us want lots of publishing credits and money rolling in lol.