Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premade worlds that have been updated to include EP lots?

NBalchemistNBalchemist Posts: 29 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 3 World Builders
What the title says, I'm looking for Sunset Valley, Riverview and/or Moonlight Falls specifically, since I seem to use those the most. It annoys me having to try and find room at the start of every new game for EP lots. I don't have Island Paradise, Into The Future or any of the stuff packs. If I download a world that has stuff from any of those, will it work for me still? Alternatively, are there any tutorials out there for editing a premade world like this in CAW, so I don't have to Edit Town every time I start a new game there?

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    @NBalchemist I think a few people have made them, but for the most part, they're just heavily edited saved game files as not to violate EA's rules and get permabanned from the forums and the exchange. I think there are a few exceptions, but I can't remember the names of any off hand.
  • NBalchemistNBalchemist Posts: 29 Member
    @Damienf519 that sucks, but I guess I hadn't thought of just doing a save file before. Just make a new game, save it and then use it as the starting point for that town and use "save as" when I save for the first time and change the name so it doesn't get overwritten.
  • VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    KatyFernLily already provided a link how to edit premade worlds in the other forum you asked about this. As for your second question, most worlds will load even if you don't have all required EPs installed. There might be severe problems though. For one, not all missing objects are replaced by Basegame objects, some will simply be missing. It doesn't matter much with decorative objects. But missing doors/arches/stairs/elevators will cause routing problems.
    Even worse, as you don't have IP, worlds relying on boat routing won't work at all for you. Same with worlds that use bridges from an EP you don't have installed. Those will simply be missing and thus block important routes.