Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to create worlds: The worlds won't load in Edit In Game on my new PC

So here’s the catch since getting a new PC. I have the version 1.69 installed and everything’s updated. My base game in Origin is from 2012 so I’m not hit by the “social banner” thing.

I can open up CAW, load any world and edit. But as soon as I click Edit In Game it gives me this mistake each time. I’ve been trying now with everything - a completely clean sims 3 install with no cc, compatibility run, etc.

Has anyone ever seen it before? In English I believe it is like this:
f9db07315aa576b9a82bb360c30af1f3ab9d8475.png

And mine looks like this:
3e69cac38db1a0cbc34b27916a342554a3ff9388.png

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I'm not updated to 1.69 so I haven't got any of the problems. What is the "Social banner" thing?

1.69 is an update and I don't think it has anything to do with which year you got your game on origin. I believe it was the disk game and not being updated to 1.69 which didn't give CAW problems I remember reading about. I just don't really know/remember anything. :(

I checked and found some info on a patch for 1.69 but I don't know if you used it or if it will help but it's a try.
    https://simsvip.com/2016/01/06/sims-3-new-game-patch-includes-create-a-world-fix/
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Thank you @Rflong7 :smiley: Unfortunately none of the links in the thread works any longer with the patch.
    After you download the client update please visit this link to download the updated CAW tool: http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/ts3caw.exe

If you did NOT take part in the previous update and did not download the update today please use this version of the CAW tool:
    thesims3.com/game/tools/world
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm sorry. :(
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Gaxili1 I don't build worlds but I just had a look and went to

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

There are 2 buttons at the bottom of the page to download CAW tool - for versions 1.67 and 1.69

Neither of them do anything when I click them.

I haven't tried this, but last time I had issues with things like that I cleared the caches for Internet Explorer and the links I was trying to use back then worked.

The other thing you might need to do is ask at Answers HQ or Contact EA.

I hope you sort it out.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited July 2021
    I found if you copy and paste the link below into your browser, it will auto download. This is the caw 1.69 version.

FYI - you cannot use EIG with this version unless you take out your mods folder, if you have one, as well as your dccache folder (store content & cc downloaded via the launcher). At least that is how I am able to use EIG with this version. Also some worlds will not export if you have a lot of lots/worlds in your game launcher. (Remember to place those folders somewhere safe, that you can remember, so you can put them back in your game once finished building your world. Do not delete those folders.) This version just can't handle too much store or custom content.

The other thing that can be done is to just place empty lots in your world then build them once you export your world into your game.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/ts3caw.exe
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • SimTecnologicSimTecnologic Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2021
    I found if you copy and paste the link below into your browser, it will auto download. This is the caw 1.69 version.

FYI - you cannot use EIG with this version unless you take out your mods folder, if you have one, as well as your dccache folder (store content & cc downloaded via the launcher). At least that is how I am able to use EIG with this version. Also some worlds will not export if you have a lot of lots/worlds in your game launcher. (Remember to place those folders somewhere safe, that you can remember, so you can put them back in your game once finished building your world. Do not delete those folders.) This version just can't handle too much store or custom content.

The other thing that can be done is to just place empty lots in your world then build them once you export your world into your game.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com//content/global/downloads/caw/ts3caw.exe

Hi, I am writing here because I have a similar problem, in order not to open a very similar topic ...
    Following the advice you wrote, I downloaded the new version of CAW, now the in-game editing works for me, it opens correctly and allows me to edit ...
    However, the problem is that it doesn't let me save the changes ...
    I also removed the Mod folder, as recommended.
    edited August 2021
    I believe you save your changes from the "edit town" mode - the one where you see the entire map and lots. If your screen starts to flicker and go black you know it's saving - takes a while, sometimes as long as 30 minutes if it's a large world with a lot of lots.
    edited August 2021
    I believe you save your changes from the "edit town" mode - the one where you see the entire map and lots. If your screen starts to flicker and go black you know it's saving - takes a while, sometimes as long as 30 minutes if it's a large world with a lot of lots.

umh, I tried to do this, but it tells me error, it exits the game window, which is minimized, and a gray desktop screen where it says;
    world rescue failed.
    Details;
    ERROR: An error occurred while saving the file. 743939081869845120
    and then another 14 like that, with different numbers

I forgot, the CAW and Origin while editing in game, must remain open, right?
    edited August 2021
    Did you take out your store content as well as your mods folder? The DCCache folder has all your store content.

Never had world rescue failed error before, not that I noticed anyway. Those numbered files are probably the lots in your world.
    Did you take out your store content as well as your mods folder? The DCCache folder has all your store content.

Never had world rescue failed error before, not that I noticed anyway. Those numbered files are probably the lots in your world.

Hi, I removed the mod folder, the DCCache no, I was wrong, I was convinced I removed it, but double-checking it is still there ...
    I must have got the wrong command ... :s
    As soon as I have a little time, I try again by removing the DDCache ... :#

And now that I think about it, maybe I tried a lot in the world that contained store content, could that be the cause? :/
    At the moment the lots in the world are all empty, so what could generate as many as 14 errors in the empty lots?
    edited August 2021
    I would just try saving after you've removed the 2 files mentioned above - do not delete - but put somewhere easy to find so you can put them back after you are finished with your world.

I can't remember if the game regenerates a new DCCache folder, it might - it would be empty tho, if you've taken out the folder that did have your store content.
    edited August 2021
    I would just try saving after you've removed the 2 files mentioned above - do not delete - but put somewhere easy to find so you can put them back after you are finished with your world.

I can't remember if the game regenerates a new DCCache folder, it might - it would be empty tho, if you've taken out the folder that did have your store content.

Hi, I tried again as you said, it gives me the same error ... :'(
    And I don't understand, they are all empty lots, what problem can he have in saving them?
    Also I have searched for those numbers in the world in CAW, and I cannot find them :(
    If you have a bunch of stuff in your launcher you can try to uninstall a few things (save lots to the library if it's stuff you want to hold onto) and see if that helps. Make a back up of your world or save beforehand. It worked for me after taking out a few things.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2021
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    So here’s the catch since getting a new PC. I have the version 1.69 installed and everything’s updated. My base game in Origin is from 2012 so I’m not hit by the “social banner” thing.

I can open up CAW, load any world and edit. But as soon as I click Edit In Game it gives me this mistake each time. I’ve been trying now with everything - a completely clean sims 3 install with no cc, compatibility run, etc.

Has anyone ever seen it before? In English I believe it is like this:
    f9db07315aa576b9a82bb360c30af1f3ab9d8475.png

And mine looks like this:
    3e69cac38db1a0cbc34b27916a342554a3ff9388.png

By chance do you have any folders for the game or CAW open when this happens?
    I have gotten similar errors a few times while browsing screenshots while waiting for the game to load or forgetting to close the folder after adding new CC, once I close the folders and reboot the game it usually works.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast