Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outside Perspectives on Problems with the Sims Games

Comments

• Plumb0b_ClairePlumb0b_Claire Posts: 63 Member
    To add to what others have said in this thread, it definitely seems other simulation games are taking centre stage, likely to fill the gap that the sims 4 left open. Now while I have watched streamers play older iterations of the sims games, one common theme they often mention is the detail coded into the game. One example I remember clearly - the parents were fighting with one another, whilst it was happening an adult sim was shushing the child of the parents to comfort them while they were bawling. This small detail stuck out to me.
    Here's my response to what I think will add depth to the basegame in the Sims 411 - Forum Feedback!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959481#Comment_17959481
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    This is what I searched for.

WW7VxK9.png

Try what I said of how I wrote it out in the search and use other search engines instead of google because your search engine shows you things it knows all about you because it tracks everything you do, so try ones that don't track and see if you get the same result. Because you get shown what you do, not what is out there. Your search on FB, Google etc. show people things they do not the whole truth of what is out there, but filtered to your searches and interests not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited August 2021
    I've played the Sims since the Sims 2. Then went on to play Sims 3. I would spend countless hours per day enjoying the game because they were just that good. The Sims 4 is by far the weaker and the worst in the franchise. You could tell so much love, attention to detail and care was put into the previous games. The Sims 4 is just sorely lacking in gameplay and love/attention.

Sims 3 was horribly optimized though and requires a slew of mods to even run it, and apparently entire expansion packs that don't even work, even months after release. I'd argue that's a severe lack of attention to detail and care. I get what you're saying but every single iteration of this franchise has issues. Go back on this forum 8-9 years, ya'll were not kind at all to TS3 lol.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2021
    I've played the Sims since the Sims 2. Then went on to play Sims 3. I would spend countless hours per day enjoying the game because they were just that good. The Sims 4 is by far the weaker and the worst in the franchise. You could tell so much love, attention to detail and care was put into the previous games. The Sims 4 is just sorely lacking in gameplay and love/attention.

Sims 3 was horribly optimized though and requires a slew of mods to even run it, and apparently entire expansion packs that don't even work, even months after release. I'd argue that's a severe lack of attention to detail and care. I get what you're saying but every single iteration of this franchise has issues. Go back on this forum 8-9 years, ya'll were not kind at all to TS3 lol.

With all due respect, I have to ask where you heard this. I play 3 and 4 concurrently, and I've never modded 3 ever. I have no problems with running 3, and never really did. In particular I am wondering what EPs supposedly do not work, because all seemed fine when I last played.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    From what I understand, the consensus seems to view the Sims as a very predatory game (due to its large quantities of DLC and their pricing) targeted at young women and casual players in particular.

Well ain't that cute, the old stereotype about "some games are for girls." I really thought we'd moved past this (speaking as a middle-aged man who's pretty bloody hardcore about gaming...)

As for "predatory", I hear that more from people who don't know what they're getting into when they buy what Extra Credits once called a "lifestyle game"...that is, a game running on the old hobby-shop business model where most of the spend is after the initial purchase. Ask someone with a large model railroad spread or a room dedicated to a big Lego city what they spent at first—heck, they might've gotten their starter kit as a Christmas gift and just been bitten by the bug to spend more and make things bigger and better. The Sims is not the only series to do this—take a look at the Truck Simulator games, Train Sim World, Paradox's historical strategy games, and Total War: Rome II for other prime examples—but they're the big name, and their DLC tends to be much more expensive than those other games I cited, so they get slammed for it.

Most of the mainstream gaming media isn't "in the hobby", so to speak, so they don't quite understand what drives the ultra-dedicated playerbase to put lots of time and money into it, so you get a lot of misleading articles and think pieces about it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited August 2021

With all due respect, I have to ask where you heard this. I play 3 and 4 concurrently, and I've never modded 3 ever. I have no problems with running 3, and never really did. In particular I am wondering what EPs supposedly do not work, because all seemed fine when I last played.

Just a few out of WAY too many to count.
    Why was Island Paradise never fixed?
    Isla Paradiso is unplayable!
    Freezing in island Paradise make game unplayable
    Despite a brandnew very powerful gamer PC : Isla Paradiso unplayable : LAG!
    Island Paradise = FREEZING.

Literal guides of mods to run and fix the game.
    The Sims 3 Performance & Bug Fix Guide 2021
    PSA: The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Updated Game Files to Recognize Modern GPUS + Essential Mods

3,717 pages of glitches, bugs, crashes, errors, lag, and other issues as current as today.
    Sims 3 Technical Discussions

PSA: The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Updated Game Files to Recognize Modern GPUS + Essential Mods

3,717 pages of glitches, bugs, crashes, errors, lag, and other issues as current as today.

*shrug* I can see what you mean now, but Island Paradise works. I even just recently was playing on Isla Pardiso. Now, well? That's debatable. I assumed you meant the EP straight up doesn't load or something, which was why I was confused. Bugs, sure, but there are bugs abound everywhere, 3 or 4 or more. I certainly don't consider it completely unplayable, and I have access to the EP BB, CAS, and world.

I did not see any other packs besides Island Paradise in your list, so if I am missing something blatant, please tell me. I think I have probably played with most worlds/EP content recently, but I might have missed something there, too.

Like I said, I don't mod 3 and never have. There are fix mods for 4, too, but I wouldn't call it unplayable without a modded version. I expect it to crash or not launch properly first, like when I was reinstalling the Sims 1 Collection and had to mod it to play at all.

Thank you for answering me, though I think your criticism was overly harsh. I think it isn't optimized well, too, (not to mention the hideous graphics...) but it has to run to encounter a bunch of those issues.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

*shrug* I can see what you mean now, but Island Paradise works. I even just recently was playing on Isla Pardiso. Now, well? That's debatable. I assumed you meant the EP straight up doesn't load or something, which was why I was confused. Bugs, sure, but there are bugs abound everywhere, 3 or 4 or more. I certainly don't consider it completely unplayable, and I have access to the EP BB, CAS, and world.

I did not see any other packs besides Island Paradise in your list, so if I am missing something blatant, please tell me. I think I have probably played with most worlds/EP content recently, but I might have missed something there, too.

Like I said, I don't mod 3 and never have. There are fix mods for 4, too, but I wouldn't call it unplayable without a modded version. I expect it to crash or not launch properly first, like when I was reinstalling the Sims 1 Collection and had to mod it to play at all.

Thank you for answering me, though I think your criticism was overly harsh. I think it isn't optimized well, too, (not to mention the hideous graphics...) but it has to run to encounter a bunch of those issues.

I agree with you. The only thing wrong with the Island Paradise EP was the world Isla Paradiso because of the routing issues, but EVERYTHING else works right out of the box. Meaning all the features of that EP work in other worlds, Maxis-made or fan-made. So people who have this EP can either:
    1. fix the world themselves
    2. download a fixed version of it
    3. play other worlds that use its features (diving lots, hotels/resorts, etc.)

...and not have any problems with it whatsoever.

The Island Paradise EP is hands down my absolute favorite EP of all time from all of The Sims iterations. I always include this EP in every world I play!

-=<*>=-

There is now a The Sims 3 Smooth Patch (version 1.1) that visibly removes lag - including loading CASt assets and editing in build/buy mode!!!! Here's a thread on it in The Sims 3 section: Sims 3 Smooth Patch?

wow. this new Sims 3 patch changes EVERYTHING.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61qQ6ko0-Vo

So now, EA/Maxis really has NO excuse! This patch PROVES that CASt can be implemented in TS5 and not have it lag the game AT ALL! No having to buy recolors of the same items over and over again so EA/Maxis can profit from their lazy reuse of their lower quantity of items made.

-=<*>=-

The Sims 3 is about 12 years old and just gets better and better! I love this game SO MUCH!!! 😍🥰😍

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

There is now a The Sims 3 Smooth Patch (version 1.1) that visibly removes lag - including loading CASt assets and editing in build/buy mode!!!! Here's a thread on it in The Sims 3 section: Sims 3 Smooth Patch?

So now, EA/Maxis really has NO excuse! This patch PROVES that CASt can be implemented in TS5 and not have it lag the game AT ALL! No having to buy recolors of the same items over and over again so EA/Maxis can profit from their lazy reuse of their lower quantity of items made.

The Sims 3 is about 12 years old and just gets better and better! I love this game SO MUCH!!! 😍🥰😍

I tried that patch because I was curious, I've never had a lot of lag in TS3 because I've always had a decent graphics card and more than enough RAM. Plus I do have the "fixed worlds" installed and NRAAS mods.

And I have to say, it's pretty incredible! Especially when CASt'ing. I never really had lag while recoloring stuff, but it would take a few seconds to load all of the patterns in each category, with this patch it's literally loaded in seconds! You still have to scroll down to the bottom of the pattern category until it's fully loaded but mine is probably worse because I have almost 4000 patterns installed.

My load times were also cut down, even starting a fresh game in a world I haven't played in, it was probably 1/2 the load time to what it normally would be.

And actual gameplay, was smooth like butter! Seriously, TS4 actually has a little more hesitation than TS3 did with this patch.

Overall, I'm super happy with it!

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I feel it’s not as well known. I don’t know why. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I bought Sims 2 in 2007, I used to tell people I played it and most people knew what I was talking about or I play that too.

Sims 4 I have to explain and there’s few people who I know play it.

And yet if you go to game shops here in Germany and look at the PC games charts week for week, there is literally no other game at all. The base game or the current EP takes the #1 position no matter what.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    I've been playing Sims games since Sim City originally came out, and my aunt had it on her computer. My family didn't even own a computer until 1996, but the games we had were predominantly Maxis Sim games. (I loved the trial version of SimCity 2000, where you played for 25 minutes and then random disasters destroyed your town) I have all the content for The Sims and The Sims 2, and most of The Sims 3. but The Sims 4 came out around the same time I had my first child, and I didn't have time to play anything, plus I was severely disappointed in the lack of content in the base game, and my computer wasn't very good.

But now I have more time to play, and a brand new gaming laptop, and I'm still finding new things that were added to the base game in the last 6 years. If the game had as much content when it came out as it does now, I'd probably have made more of an effort to continue playing it. I don't believe for a second that it's aimed at teenage girls though. I used to know several men who played, but they all stopped at about the same time I did, and for the same reason. The base game was a hollow shell of the previous games. But if they are playing Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley instead, I don't think it would be that difficult for them to return. Especially with all the unique new ways to kill sims now. >:)
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I never heard of the original SimCity back in 1989 or Sims 1 & 2 back in the early 2000s. However, I've heard & played Sims 3 back in 2011 when my daughter discovered it in EB GameStop store. I remember that Sims 3 didn't cater to certain particular lifestyle choice organizations. There wasn't any one organization or lifestyle only in Sims 3.
    Sims 4 caters to only free love, LBGTQ, green peace & animal zealots. While leaving out cultural faiths/beliefs, one-couple only love & celebates. I call that prejudice. We as a human race are all different with different lifestyles, beliefs, non-beliefs & so forth. It should never be dictated to a particular types only. Whatever happened to free-will & human rights? It's very sad that in this day & age there's still prejudice. :'(

While I agree that TS4 offers options that allow those who want to include LBGTQ elements, free love, etc in their gameplay to do so, I wouldn't say it caters only to people interested in that. I feel it leaves it to us players to choose what to do with our Sims, so I'm really confused about what you said about free-will because my experience with this game is precisely that it lets me do what I want.

It's also worth noting that there are two love aspirations, one for Sims who will have multiple partners, one for Sims who will spend their life with their soul mate. That seems pretty balanced to me.

Personally, all my sims are either celibate (with no romantic life whatsoever) or in a long-term, monogamous relationship with a member of the opposite sex and lead very fulfilling lives with no parties, no sleeping around, but lots of study and rewarding hard work and creativity. I'm genuinely satisfied to play this way and I never felt the game pressured me to play in any other way than the way I feel comfortable with or inspired to play.

The game in my experience is not rigged to force free love or LBGTQ elements, quite the opposite. As an example, I have a family I've playing for months (a mother & her 2 YA children) and all of them have developed the hungry-for-love lifestyle since they spend a lot of time watching the romantic channel on tv together. In spite of that, they have never flirted with other Sims and have the chastest lives ever :lol: (they don't have the unflirty or polite traits either). And that despite the fact they belong to a popular club, travel often, go to restaurants and generally interact with many other Sims. So to me it really feels I am the one in control of the story and in control of how my Sims act, and interact with NPCs. If I don't want my Sims to lead a certain life, they won't.

With this particular family I've also added an extra layer of development that you could define as "spiritual" or related to their "beliefs" I guess. They frequently donate to charity (either simoleons or knitted items) and spend time volunteering together. The whole volunteering thing doesn't really add much gameplay because it's basically a rabbit-hole, but I like having them do that because it adds a layer to their story and personality. They also spend time outdoors in what we could call non-denominational "contemplation". So in a way we could say the game leaves some room also to create a layer of spirituality/beliefs, up to a point maybe.

But more explicit references to religion would be problematic and inappropriate in a game of this kind, I think.

Post edited by TARDISgrade on
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    edited August 2021

Island Paradise was broken for some players including me. We know that some people are lucky and don't get bugs BUT no matter what I did (and I tried ALL possible fixes), it would not work on my gaming computer and I had to uninstall it. I never got to play with that EP. With every other EP installed and a ton of store content my game ran lag free, though. People loved to hate the Sims 3 when it was the latest version of the game, but we really can't deny its poor optimization.

haneul wrote: »

Island Paradise was broken for some players including me. No matter what I did, it would not work on my gaming computer and I had to uninstall it. I never got to play with that EP. With every other EP installed and a ton of store content my game ran lag free, though. People loved to hate the Sims 3 when it was the latest version of the game, but we really can't deny its poor optimization.

Agreed on that one. I am sorry IP did not work for you. I was not trying to deny anyone's problems in particular, but I do think it is unfair to say Sims 3 doesn't work unmodded and (some) EP"s" never worked at all. That was my only contention, since, as stated, it works perfectly for me on my new laptop that has a graphics card the game doesn't recognize.

I am sorry for derailing the thread further.
  • Rabellaka_SimmingRabellaka_Simming Posts: 46 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > I never heard of the original SimCity back in 1989 or Sims 1 & 2 back in the early 2000s. However, I've heard & played Sims 3 back in 2011 when my daughter discovered it in EB GameStop store. I remember that Sims 3 didn't cater to certain particular lifestyle choice organizations. There wasn't any one organization or lifestyle only in Sims 3.
    > Sims 4 caters to only free love, LBGTQ, green peace & animal zealots. While leaving out cultural faiths/beliefs, one-couple only love & celebates. I call that prejudice. We as a human race are all different with different lifestyles, beliefs, non-beliefs & so forth. It should never be dictated to a particular types only. Whatever happened to free-will & human rights? It's very sad that in this day & age there's still prejudice. :'(

If by catering to certain groups you mean including content that is optional to use? I don't see how anyone else is being left out, as you can play the game the way you want to. Almost all of my sim couples are monogamous, unless I choose otherwise for storytelling purposes. If you don't like certain traits or options, don't use them.

And what faiths should be included, if you want to include specific ones? I'm pretty sure the Holiday pack includes Kwanzaa candles and a Menorah, as well as Christmas decorations. Headscarfs and cross necklaces are in CAS. A lot of hairstyles for different cultural backgrounds have been included. And I think Easter eggs and Día de los Muertos sugar skulls have been included in the past. I find this game to be very inclusive, and if you don't, maybe you need to look at how you are playing the game.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    I can't speak as an outsider, because I've been an insider to this set of games since the original SimCity.

What I have noticed from what might be considered an outsider's perspective is that the packs get very little mainstream game media attention these days, except to point out people complaining about the new bugs that each one introduces. Up to about half way through TS3, each major new pack in The Sims series got the typical game review coverage that one sees with new games or major expansions of games. The attitude now seems to be "just more of the same, so why bother covering it".

TS1 was the original experiment to see if people would find a lightweight life simulator interesting. We did. And back at the time, there was an expectation that eventually the city simulator and the people simulator would merge into a rich unified gaming experience as technology progressed. That didn't happen, and the Sim City franchise moved into its own niche product, focused more on expanding the city simulator to incorporating wider geographic areas. The Sims franchise moved in its own direction, first trying more complex life simulation with TS2, and then flirting with a small bit of town-level simulation in TS3.

Those were as close as we ever got to genuine product innovation. TS4 abandoned even the pretense of attempting to move the series forward. Thus, it has become a niche product (and a very profitable one!), where most of the publicity comes from insiders ("game changers"), rather than the larger gaming community.

I do wonder if the mystery sims game that Paradox is working on will take a shot at the SimCity / The Sims hybrid that two decades ago we thought we'd eventually see. I guess we'll find out someday -- maybe.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    This 1000%. I totally feel marginalized in the Sims community. The game is totally unrecognizable from the Sims 1 and Sims 2 era. It's the reason why LGR on YouTube has all but abandoned the franchise and Carls Sims 4 Guides expresses constant frustration with EA.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What I have noticed over the years is the fact The Sims (back in 2000) used to be mainstream. It was a joke on sitcoms if the character had gotten his/her face into the Sim game. It was often talked about on talk shows, laughing and dreading if they too would get their face in the Sims. Most young adults knew what The Sims was and what type of game. Maybe because there were TV ads, often. It was a big deal to get your face in The Sims.

Today, The Sims games are considered a niche market for teenage girls to play dress up and do a few mean girl actions. (The ads a few years ago)

In the last few years chatter among those not on Twitter and or Reddit etc, is it's the LBGTQ game. Almost exclusively. I really don't want that statement to offend anyone, but it is what people say when someone mentions The Sims 4.

Among professionals like doctors and lawyers etc. not many people are going to tell them they play The Sims anymore. It's no longer considered a creative outlet or a healthy hobby in smaller circles of professionals. It's not something people put on their resume as a hobby.

It is also considered very childish, unlike WOW or something where many professionals and older people play for the competition aspects in their spare time or other type hard hitting games full of teams and rivals. Those games though played by all ages are full of middle aged men and not ashamed of their gaming prowess.

The Sims series has become very select in what type of vibe it gives and it's no longer as much mainstream as before because though it strives to be 'inclusive' and diverse it is very much considered a game for one community and not for all.

ETA: If one googles character creation etc. or skins or whatever, they usually are directed to IMVU...something I see happening to The Sims series more and more. It's no longer a game about life but identity and perfect skin and features.
    That is what I hear.

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    @SimSpock The Paradox thing is interesting. Those are the other forums I frequent and I have seen some coverage on the former Sims devs moving to Paradox. Some, more so in the Sims community fron my experience, seems to think the Tectonic studio is working on that. If that thought wasn't on those forums before, though, I added it in one such discussion about that studio. (There isn't really talk of a mystery Sims game there, though, at least not from what I see.)

I'm personally more skeptical. Playing as many PDX games as I do, and just thinking about CK3 as the latest released, they have a number of RPG elements and character modeling that fits some elements of the Sims well. I've even referred to CK3 as Sims Medieval's edgy older brother. A life sim is not impossible, but I think the skill set of some of the old devs would benefit their work on more traditional PDX titles rather than just confine them to another life sim.
    @SimSpock The Paradox thing is interesting. Those are the other forums I frequent and I have seen some coverage on the former Sims devs moving to Paradox. Some, more so in the Sims community fron my experience, seems to think the Tectonic studio is working on that. If that thought wasn't on those forums before, though, I added it in one such discussion about that studio. (There isn't really talk of a mystery Sims game there, though, at least not from what I see.)

I'm personally more skeptical. Playing as many PDX games as I do, and just thinking about CK3 as the latest released, they have a number of RPG elements and character modeling that fits some elements of the Sims well. I've even referred to CK3 as Sims Medieval's edgy older brother. A life sim is not impossible, but I think the skill set of some of the old devs would benefit their work on more traditional PDX titles rather than just confine them to another life sim.

I've been wanting to try CK3. Sadly, it's not available on GOG, or Epic, or Origin. It only seems to be available from Steam, and I'm engaged in a lifetime boycott of anything Steam / Valve. Yes, I dislike them that much.
    edited August 2021
    SimSpock wrote: »

I've been wanting to try CK3. Sadly, it's not available on GOG, or Epic, or Origin. It only seems to be available from Steam, and I'm engaged in a lifetime boycott of anything Steam / Valve. Yes, I dislike them that much.

Paradox sells things through their own store, too. In fact, it is probably less hoops having that version since they have their own mini launcher. I say mini because it isn't some big thing like Origin and it is for the specific game. It is actually really useful for mod control. PDX has something akin to the Steam workshop for easy mod access and usage.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/

Paradox sells things through their own store, too. In fact, it is probably less hoops having that version since they have their own mini launcher. I say mini because it isn't some big thing like Origin and it is for the specific game. It is actually really useful for mod control. PDX has something akin to the Steam workshop for easy mod access and usage.

Thanks! The last time I checked, CK3 wasn't one of the games listed as being supported by the Paradox Launcher. I'll check again.

Thanks! The last time I checked, CK3 wasn't one of the games listed as being supported by the Paradox Launcher. I'll check again.

When I last checked the CK3 page it said it was supported by Paradox, Steam, and Xbox Game Pass. It would certainly be weird that that wouldn't support it on their own thing, especially since I have heard it is their most popular title to date. (Not that Victoria 3 will not eclipse it.)

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/crusader-kings-iii/CKCK03GSK0000001-MASTER.html
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I think these criticisms that compare it to most of the other games are a bit unfair. How many versions of Call Of Duty are there out there? How many racing games or shooter games or different versions of the same game? Do people judge? Maybe some but the players ignore them.

I would like to not stigmatize it as "just a dollhouse game". People play what they want to play and have fun. If anything on here and in experience I've learned that it's not all about stereotypes. I get the comments about all of the expansions but they're all choices and there are various sales. Additionally, there are a lot of games out there that are very much about "pay to play".

Comments to improve the game or fit different playstyles are cool but criticizing the game concept as a whole is silly. I could do that about a lot of games out there but I won't.

I compare other games.
    I’ve played Call of Duty once or twice but never got into it like some.

The PC games I played constantly, that had more than one series were Sims, Star Trek and Harry Potter.

Star Trek Armada had two games. Star Trek Armada 2 had a less engaging storyline and the cut scenes were odd. 1 had the lore whereas 2 had the graphics, longer missions and more ships.

Harry Potter games. I played HP3 and HP4. 3 was brilliant, I still play that occasionally. HP3 you could do the missions but also choose to explore the grounds.
    HP4 although was more smoother it was the worst. I gave HP4 away in the end. There was a section you had to go along a castle embattlemet zapping weird pumpkin dudes which still annoys me to this day. 😫😩😫😩😫😩😫.

I do compare because each versions has positive and negative things. That’s how I know if I like something or not. The concept matters to me as it’s the core of what I’m playing and spending money on.

i played Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup! i used to love it! Anyways, back to conversation: i think what people are mad about in a sense is that there is lots of money that goes into these DLS. And while yes, it is lots of money, it doesn't give you the right to complain about the dollhouse game. It;s all about your playstyle: if you like stories TS2 is more better (and you don't have to worry about everyone aging!) haven't played the sims 3 in a while but it can be a bit dollhousey (didn;t really like the moodlets)but for some it's the best game!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I feel it’s not as well known. I don’t know why. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I bought Sims 2 in 2007, I used to tell people I played it and most people knew what I was talking about or I play that too.

Sims 4 I have to explain and there’s few people who I know play it.

I think that's because you never see Sims games on game stores shelves anymore. I remember large posters and shelves full of Sims 1, 2 and 3 in my high street stores but the Base game for the latest was so dire that people read the reports and didn't even start playing it. I also think a great many people stopped buying after completing Sims 2. I've met many people who've done that.

You don't see any PC games in stores any longer. A couple of days ago I made a rare visit to one of the largest shopping malls in my area looking for shirts. It has had a game store since the beginning, one that I used to visit fairly frequently back in the day. Went in out of curiosity, and not one PC game, nothing but console. Same goes for any type of store that sells computer games/software. I also remember the days when TS1, 2 & 3 were jamming the shelves, displayed on posters, and were in every gaming magazine out there. I even remember that those games could still be found in stores after they went out of production. No more. It's like an era ended. From what I've seen and read, Cinebar is spot on about how the game is currently viewed.

Yeah i've been to my local target and not one game! only online!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    My friends are more interested in the drama and scandals around the game, than what's actually in it. They think small stuff, like Laundry and Vacuuming packs/kits, are really stupid.

Everyone loves Sims 2 though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017