Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC mod

Hi, I used to use the NPCC mod but it broke my game as it was out of date. The creator has the updated version behind a patreon which i would consider but would prefer a free mod. Is there another mod that reduces the townie population? Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think MC Command Center lets you change the number of townies in a save. I believe you can make it stop the game from generating any new sims.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

Thanks so much!! Do I have to do anything to make it work or can I just download it and it’ll work
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    EdithV wrote: »

Thanks so much!! Do I have to do anything to make it work or can I just download it and it’ll work

You will need this:

https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector

Just download it, unzip, and drop in mods folder
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    XML Injector bothers me so much. I know it's useful and all but having that pointless option in the social menu is so annoying.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

You will need this:

https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector

Just download it, unzip, and drop in mods folder

Thanks again! And that’ll stop random townies from being generated?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    XML Injector bothers me so much. I know it's useful and all but having that pointless option in the social menu is so annoying.

@Sharonia: Just remove the XmlInjector_Test_v2.package file from your mods folder and you will no longer have your social menu cluttered up with that option. This is stated in the mod description. That file is really just for testing if everything has been installed correctly and can be deleted afterwards.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Does it also have the option to assign sims to certain regions
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

@Sharonia: Just remove the XmlInjector_Test_v2.package file from your mods folder and you will no longer have your social menu cluttered up with that option. This is stated in the mod description. That file is really just for testing if everything has been installed correctly and can be deleted afterwards.

Oh thank you so very much for this. I guess I should of done some more reading before trying the mod last time.
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I am not sure. I don't bother with the assign mod as I am not really bothered about that. I simply wanted to stop the wacky townies. I like creating sims so I have a fair stock of own homeless sims and am happy for them to be assigned for me.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member

I am not sure. I don't bother with the assign mod as I am not really bothered about that. I simply wanted to stop the wacky townies. I like creating sims so I have a fair stock of own homeless sims and am happy for them to be assigned for me.

It doesn't allow you to choose which region they will be assigned to but if you assign them a role and then travel to the lot you want them to work at, they may show up to work there (if no one else has been assigned. I've been getting more and more obsessed at controlling NPCs and not allowing randoms to spawn.
  • Options
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

It doesn't allow you to choose which region they will be assigned to but if you assign them a role and then travel to the lot you want them to work at, they may show up to work there (if no one else has been assigned. I've been getting more and more obsessed at controlling NPCs and not allowing randoms to spawn.

I like to have a few randoms spawning so that I can use them as a base for my own sims if they have a reasonable mix of traits and aspirations (I might end up playing them further down the road). I only alter appearance and outfits.

I have also noticed that NPCs 'stick' to their job.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I like to have a few randoms spawning so that I can use them as a base for my own sims if they have a reasonable mix of traits and aspirations (I might end up playing them further down the road). I only alter appearance and outfits.

I have also noticed that NPCs 'stick' to their job.

I have a ton of NPCs that I've collected over many games. I'm adding them into the save file I'm working on to take on the NPC roles. I've edited them and some of then have and will become played sims. I've noticed that there are some roles that can't be assigned (even with Zero's mod or NPCC). It seems that the game wants to spawn Librarians and mixologists in Sulani and Mt. Komorebi. I just take the service sims part of No Random NPCs out of the folder when I want them, edit them and then put that part of the mod back. It's hit or miss with yoga instructors. They don't always show up and I'm not sure why. If anyone has any insight into those npcs please let me know.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yeah but I don't like seeing sims I made for Sulani in Mt. Komorebi for example. I wish there was a mod that completely isolated certain sims.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Yeah but I don't like seeing sims I made for Sulani in Mt. Komorebi for example. I wish there was a mod that completely isolated certain sims.

Do you mean NPC roles, or just general sims in the Sulani world showing up at venues in Mt Komorebi?

I have a mod that is for venues, where they prefer that world's sims as visitors (unless you don't have enough sims in that world), then it will pull other sims from other worlds.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021

Sim Spawn Overhaul is supposed do that.

https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive

Edit: Though probably not perfectly.