Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits that add on to previous packs

So Mfps was pretty controversial but I was thinking of how they could do smth similar that adds on to a an old pack but it doesn't really require that pack.

For example:

Sushi station and pizza oven to add on to dineout. I'm not sure if a kit could fit one of those sushi stations with new sushi recipes and etc. Maybe it could come with two variants. One that replaces the chef station and another that is smaller and can fit anywhere. It could be like the Café or bar and you can put in any venue and ur sim can hire a chef (it would be better of those items automatically spawned a service sim). And for the pizza oven it could be smth your sims can put in their houses but it basically works in restaurants and u can have a pizza restaurant.

So I doubt many people will like this idea but personally I wouldn't mind if they did smth like this. I just don't think they will after mfps.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    A sushi bar and pizza oven would be very nice. They could come with their own skills and recipes. I would also like an update on shops. Shelves that can be properly stacked and not with just one or two items. Crates to stack vegetables and fruits, clothes that ca be bought independently and personalized wardrobes for the sims. Jewelry, shoes, and hats displays. I would also prefer that bread is served in a tin and not on a plate as it looks funny like that in a shop. I would also like a chocolate shop and chocolatier job.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    A sushi bar and pizza oven would be very nice. They could come with their own skills and recipes. I would also like an update on shops. Shelves that can be properly stacked and not with just one or two items. Crates to stack vegetables and fruits, clothes that ca be bought independently and personalized wardrobes for the sims. Jewelry, shoes, and hats displays. I would also prefer that bread is served in a tin and not on a plate as it looks funny like that in a shop. I would also like a chocolate shop and chocolatier job.

Yeah we could have a kit that adds a new type of retail store but maybe that would have to be a stuff pack
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    The current clothes shop we have are more suitable to use as a sort of designer career. I find it tedious to stock each mannequin with outfits and then have them changed again soon. When you own the store and sims shop, they usually tend to all buy the same outfit, don't now why. When I want to take my sim shopping for a new outfit then I have to choose from what's on display and most often they are not suitable for the season or don't really fit the sim nicely. So I end up "shopping" from the wardrobe again.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well...

Deep fryer for Dine Out GP
    Composting bin for Cats & Dogs EP
    Trampoline for Get Together EP
    Butter churner for Cottage Living EP
    Water heater for Eco Lifestyle EP
    Pottery table for Jungle Adventure GP
    Board breaker for Snowy Escape EP
    Axe throwing for Outdoor Retreat GP
    Zen garden for Spa Day GP
    Obstacle course for StrangerVille GP
    Disco ball for City Living EP
    Mini golf for Get to Work EP
    Lawn mower for Seasons EP
    Nectar making for Vampires GP
    Pizza oven for Get Famous EP
    For cottage living: butter churning or tea set
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    J Drama star, Tokusatsu, Sentai, Manga, anime, J-Pop, Japanese tea ceremony

Cooking with fireplace for off the grid options

Different dances like hip hop, break dancing, ballet, jazz dancing, the tango, The Charleston, Inspired by Bob Fosse (I really got into different dance styles after being allowed to watch All That Jazz as a kid and learned my dance styles because of that movie. I love the beauty of dancing Bob Fosse choreographed. With that, the ability to do street dance and a dance studio etc. Heck, add Bob Fosse as a sim for it too.

Afternoon tea for Cottage Living. Sorry, but when I think British culture I think Fish and Chips and Tea Time.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that kits might be a way to customize with less controversy. I'm fine with them to be honest because we can make an individual decision to get them or not. I take the approach that I don't need to "have them all" but some might. There is a concern about watering down content but I also think that's where we make a decision as well either to get something, not to get it or to wait for a sale.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited July 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Well...

I agree with most of this list including the one I posted recently the Butterchurn for Cottage Living. I wouldn't put Nectar Making in a kit I think it should be with a new zone.

Here is mine for older packs
    • Sushi Bar, Hibachi Grill for Snowy Escape or Dine Out
      Sushi Cart from the Sims 1
      250?cb=20150707215622
      What I had in mind for a Sushi Bar
      w-920h-690-2820914.jpg
    • Compost Bin, Apple Bobbing Tub, Competitive Eating Table, Seasonal Face Painting Booth for Seasons
    • Pizza Oven, Table with Checkered Cloth, a few Italian related pictures and for Dine out
    • Manicure Table and Pedicure Chair, with Fingernail & Toenail Customization in CAS for Spa Day
    • Archery Target, Log Rolling, Axe Throwing Target, Round Wooden Hot Tub for Outdoor Retreat
      sims2bonvoyage_pc_507503.jpg
    • Baking Update - Yule Log Cake, Christmas Cookies, Wassail, The ability to add Stockings to all fireplace mantles (Red & Green Stockings, Gold Silver, Blue & White, Rustic Red & Black Check) Lighted Garland for 1,2,3 & 4 squared arches and doorways, Lighted topiaries, Christmas Themed Dining Table Centerpiece for Base Game or Seasons

As Game Packs I'd like using past objects frequently requested

Sims 4 - Mindful Living
    Sims 4 - Pet's Day Out - Features Birds Mostly but has Unlockables for those with Cats & Dogs
    • 2 New Lot Assignments - Dog Park & Pet Store
    • Adoptable Birds - Cockatoo, Parrots, Cockatiels, Peregrin Falcons, Ravens - All able to be trained to do tricks
    • Aviary Build Pieces
    • Bed Unlocks for Dogs & Cats because compared to the previous iterations of the Sims these stink
    • Bins with Pet Food
    • Bird Cages for Small Birds like Love Birds, Parakeets
    • Bird Perch with Play Stand for Bigger Birds
    • Dog Park Central Fountain that Dogs can jump in and splash around
    • Dog Park Drinking Fountain and vending machine with Pet Treats
    • Groomer's Table & Tub with NPC
    • Hamster Ball
    • Decorative Collar Stand for Buyable New Collar Choices (Including Holiday themed) for Pets
    • New Fish Tank Designs that can be purchased at the store
    • New Pet Costumes Stand for Halloween & Christmas that can be purchased at the store - Unlockable if You have D&C
    • Pet Adoption Bins for Puppies and Kittens
    • Pet Judging stands for Best in Show Competitions
    • Owl as the new wild animal
    • Small Cages and Tanks for Snakes, Spiders and whatever
    • Store Build/Buy Front Door, Front Window, Front Door Mat, Signage, Register, Counter

Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would really like a playground kit. Slides, new play ground sets, play houses, dome jungle gyms, trampoline, tree house, rainbow sprinkler, hula hoops, jump ropes. Playground pieces that can be put together to create your own playground sets.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind either. I do view kits somewhat as a Sims 3 store bundle or half a stuff pack. Most ideas mentioned here do not actually rely on other DLC, so I don't know why it would upset anyone, but I would not even mind a pet clothing kit or a kit for additional holidays/items, etc.

It has been long enough for some of the oldest DLC that I just wouldn't believe it no matter how much others screeched, "Cut content!"
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm not against adding more stuff for past packs with kits (but I also bougt MFP and like it).

I'd love to get pigs, sheep as well as flour and sugar making (with crops) as well es making butter being added for the farming pack after it's been released. Each would probably need their own kit though.

I like your idea, @MichelleW, but that would also exceed the means of a single kit by far.

I'd also like other packs getting added on via kits, but atm, I'm quite focussed on farming. I have been wanted farming in the Sims since TS1 released.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm not against adding more stuff for past packs with kits (but I also bougt MFP and like it).

I'd love to get pigs, sheep as well as flour and sugar making (with crops) as well es making butter being added for the farming pack after it's been released. Each would probably need their own kit though.

I like your idea, @MichelleW, but that would also exceed the means of a single kit by far.

I'd also like other packs getting added on via kits, but atm, I'm quite focussed on farming. I have been wanted farming in the Sims since TS1 released.

I'm wondering if it's possible for them to make a kit for an animal. If so I definitely would want a bunch of animal kits. Pigs and sheeps like you mentioned. But also pets like snakes, birds and etc.
  • WhaleWatcherWhaleWatcher Posts: 55 Member
    Cute Kittens for cats and dogs, more stuff for kittens and cats!
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I would really like a playground kit. Slides, new play ground sets, play houses, dome jungle gyms, trampoline, tree house, rainbow sprinkler, hula hoops, jump ropes. Playground pieces that can be put together to create your own playground sets.

This seems like it would be better in a Game Pack.
  • WhaleWatcherWhaleWatcher Posts: 55 Member
    I would like more modern office stuuf, and gamer items. lets have that be a pack.
    . . .

sounds like i'm ordering at mcdonalds. i'll have that to go!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »

I'm wondering if it's possible for them to make a kit for an animal. If so I definitely would want a bunch of animal kits. Pigs and sheeps like you mentioned. But also pets like snakes, birds and etc.

I'm on the fence. It might actually be too big for a kit, but they might be able to squeeze one animal in a kit. Especially sheep could be possible as they could use a lot of the lama coding, but then again, sheep are also different in height so that might be a problem regarding Sim to pet animations.
    Pigs would probably be even more difficult because of their different height and the fact that they should probably be able to breed. I'm afraid they might actually exceed what can be done in a kit.
    New caged pets should work as a kit as they don't get that many new animations anyway.

They would certainly have to do a separate kit for each new animal.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think they could at least do small animal kits. Like MFP cut in half. Probably our best shot at birds and reptiles, especially since they can come in enclosures.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I am always conflicted when it comes to DLC. But having done a comparison to how much I have spent playing MMOs like Eve and FF14 on and off through the years against the time I have been playing just the version of the sims it has come out broadly the same in terms of cost and so I have made my peace with it in this game. Same with Paradox games such as Crusader Kings.

With this in mind I would like to see more kits adding across the game. I would definitely like to see CAS kits with clothing and hair and other dedicated items such as more of what we have - curtains, etc. I would defo buy a curtain ovehaul pack that allowed my sims to open and close the existing curtains :)

I like a lot of the suggestions above to enhance some of the gameplay and items in previous packs which could breathe new life into them.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    edited July 2021
    I am always conflicted when it comes to DLC. But having done a comparison to how much I have spent playing MMOs like Eve and FF14 on and off through the years against the time I have been playing just the version of the sims it has come out broadly the same in terms of cost and so I have made my peace with it in this game. Same with Paradox games such as Crusader Kings.

With this in mind I would like to see more kits adding across the game. I would definitely like to see CAS kits with clothing and hair and other dedicated items such as more of what we have - curtains, etc. I would defo buy a curtain ovehaul pack that allowed my sims to open and close the existing curtains :)

I like a lot of the suggestions above to enhance some of the gameplay and items in previous packs which could breathe new life into them.

Considering its all on Origin Expansions are DLC
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »

Considering its all on Origin Expansions are DLC

Yeah, I meant DLC in the general sense - extra stuff you buy for a game.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well...

I agree with most of this list including the one I posted recently the Butterchurn for Cottage Living. I wouldn't put Nectar Making in a kit I think it should be with a new zone.

• Compost Bin, Apple Bobbing Tub, Competitive Eating Table, Seasonal Face Painting Booth for Seasons
    • Pizza Oven, Table with Checkered Cloth, a few Italian related pictures and for Dine out
    • Manicure Table and Pedicure Chair, with Fingernail & Toenail Customization in CAS for Spa Day
    • Archery Target, Log Rolling, Axe Throwing Target, Round Wooden Hot Tub for Outdoor Retreat
    • Baking Update - Yule Log Cake, Christmas Cookies, Wassail, The ability to add Stockings to all fireplace mantles (Red & Green Stockings, Gold Silver, Blue & White, Rustic Red & Black Check) Lighted Garland for 1,2,3 & 4 squared arches and doorways, Lighted topiaries, Christmas Themed Dining Table Centerpiece for Base Game or Seasons

Sims 4 - Mindful Living
    • Accupuncture
    • Baking Recipe Unlockable - Fortune Cookie - No Special Appliance required
    • Board Breaking
    • Calligraphy
    • New Lot Assignment - The Dojo
    • Ear Cleaning
    • Guardian Lion Statues
    • Mahjong
    • Martial Arts & Sparring
    • New Recipes - Fried Rice (Chicken, Beef or Shrimp), Peking Duck, Moon Cake, Sweet & Sour Pork
    • Tai Chi
    • Wooden Training Dummy
    • Zen Garden

Sims 4 - Pet's Day Out - Features Birds Mostly but has Unlockables for those with Cats & Dogs
    • Adoptable Birds - Cockatoo, Parrots, Cockatiels, Peregrin Falcons, Ravens - All able to be trained to do tricks
    • Aviary Build Pieces
    • Bed Unlocks for Dogs & Cats because compared to the previous iterations of the Sims the S$ ones stink
    • Bins with Pet Food
    • Hamster Ball
    • Decorative Collar Stand for Buyable New Collar Choices (Including Holiday themed) for Pets
    • New Pet Costumes Stand for Halloween & Christmas that can be purchased at the store - Unlockable if You have D&C
    • Store Build/Buy Front Door, Front Window, Front Door Mat, Signage, Register, Counter

Yes, please. I'll take all of the above lol. I would add that I'd like to see more items for a 1950s diner for Dine Out. This would include retro posters for burgers, milkshakes, pie, etc. in Simlish. Milkshakes, banana splits, and ice cream sundaes need to be a new menu item. It would also be nice to have baskets of food like chicken fingers and fries, burger and onion rings, etc. I'd also like for my sims to be able to sit at a diner counter to eat and not just at tables and booths. Diner counters, tables, and booths should be accented in chrome with sparkly vinyl upholstery.

Can we also get an alien decor pack? I'm talking cheesy Roswell, NM style alien stuff. I was just in Roswell for Alienfest and UFO Fest. That place is so much fun. There are alien and UFO murals spray painted on the sides of buildings and alien sculptures/displays everywhere. There were people walking around with inflatable aliens, headbands with alien heads on springs, and all kinds of fun kitschy stuff. Now that I've defeated Mother, I'd like to turn Strangerville into Roswell lol.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Well...

Sims 4 - Mindful Living
    • Accupuncture
    • Baking Recipe Unlockable - Fortune Cookie - No Special Appliance required
    • Board Breaking
    • Calligraphy
    • New Lot Assignment - The Dojo
    • Ear Cleaning
    • Guardian Lion Statues
    • Mahjong
    • Martial Arts & Sparring
    • New Recipes - Fried Rice (Chicken, Beef or Shrimp), Peking Duck, Moon Cake, Sweet & Sour Pork
    • Tai Chi
    • Wooden Training Dummy
    • Zen Garden

• Aviary Build Pieces
    • Bed Unlocks for Dogs & Cats because compared to the previous iterations of the Sims the S$ ones stink
    • Bins with Pet Food
    • Hamster Ball

I love all these ideas, but I especially love Mindful Living.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I like the stuff you all have mentioned. Some things I want to see that I'm not sure if they should be in a kit or just a free update would be
    • Wedding/family photography. Like being able to hire a photographer for different reasons.
    • Strollers and that baby carrier thing that goes on in front of you. Because taking toddlers places is HARD and it seriously needs to be easier.
    • Idk how many people would like this, but I would like the option of being able to do my child sim's hair. For like bonding time/sentiment/moodlet. Like no negative moodlets if you don't and just bathe them, not baby getting taken away. Just an extra element to parenthood.
    • A toaster. Like we have the microwave and fridge for quick meals for kids to get themselves. But like a toaster would be cool. Especially since we don't have waffles. And that's kind of all I made in the Sims 3. Just waffles.
    • The ability to get a birth certificate whether you had a baby in create-a-sim or at home. And to assign it to a sim.
    • A small pack that just has life events. First day of school for kids, prom, high-school graduation.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Hm ... a toaster kit and if you have col you can add the jams and stuff to your toast. Maybe it could come with butters (peanut butter, almond butter) and more jams so it technically stands alone but adds on to col