Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cousins vs. Grandchildren?

I was just looking in CAS recently and noticed something odd. In several families grandchildren are listed under their relationships as "cousins" to their brothers and sisters. LOL.

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I was just looking in CAS recently and noticed something odd. In several families grandchildren are listed under their relationships as "cousins" to their brothers and sisters. LOL.

Sounds like there's a bit too close of family relationships there a generation up... ;)

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I do have a pair of cousins who were step-brothers to each other. They earned the "Super Siblings" trait being raised together, but are still correctly listed in the family tree and elsewhere as cousins.

Then I threw a second tangle at my lineage, by having one cousin's spouse "Try For Baby" with the other. Genetics experiment. >.>
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    There can be some interesting relationships in the game, depending on how one plays.
    I have a vampire sim who had twin girls with a rather promiscuous non-occult sim. Several in game years later, the vampire met one of that sim's other daughters and had triplets with her. So the twins are sisters to the triplets, but are also their aunts.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    This is why after one incident of incest/inbreeding, I closely monitor the activities of all my family members because the tree can get real messed up otherwise.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    You know it might have something to do with when I made the Elder parents into teens and then aged their grandchildren to adults and had them raise their own grandparents? Hmmmm? Yes, I can see how this might "test" the game's ability to figure out what the what is going on?