Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is broken and I don't know why

My game won't let my sims visit any community lot, whenever i do try i get this message: The game failed to load. Error Code: 109:316070fc:d71d09ed. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
The mods I use are Kawaii Stacey's Slice of Life, MCCC, cheats extension, Polarbear autonomous proposal, weerbesu's longer parties mod, YAKFARM no festivals mod, NPCC mod, LUUMIA height mod.
I updated all of them and the problem persists-does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Also there are never any sims wondering around anymore and I tried to throw a party and no one showed up. If I invite people round they don’t show up and community lots are dead, my sims are the only ones there.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So, you should probably repair you game and try each mod one at a time to see when the issue starts. So check if it run vanilla, and if so add a mod until it breaks and then you probably have your culprit.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    So, you should probably repair you game and try each mod one at a time to see when the issue starts. So check if it run vanilla, and if so add a mod until it breaks and then you probably have your culprit.

Thanks! Does this definitely sound like a mods issue?
    EdithV wrote: »

Chances are, yeah. However if a freshly repaired game doesn't run vanilla it could be something wrong with it, but I have recently been on AHQ for my own issues and didn't see any recent reports like this.

Chances are, yeah. However if a freshly repaired game doesn't run vanilla it could be something wrong with it, but I have recently been on AHQ for my own issues and didn't see any recent reports like this.

Ah that makes sense, thank you 😊 when you repair your game should you remove your mods and cc folders?
    I would. I treat it like an update. I know with Steam games validating the files can mess up mods, so I imagine Origin is the same.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Also, everytime you remove Mods you should delete the localthumbcache_package file it is a temporary file that stores animation data.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Also, everytime you remove Mods you should delete the localthumbcache_package file it is a temporary file that stores animation data.

Thank you! Will that just appear in my mods folder where I place the mods?

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    it is on the first page where saves are in the part where caches are
    bandit5 wrote: »

Thanks! Should I delete all the caches that are there?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »

Thanks! Should I delete all the caches that are there?

You can but, you don't have to unless your game is slow to load.