Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What decade should we have as an expansion pack?

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    80’s and 90’s.
    Ironically, the 90s style are very in current style wise.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Other decade (list in this thread)
    Ironically, the 90s style are very in current style wise.

well... it was the Golden Age after all, movies and tv shows especially Spider-Man the animated series were great, skate boards were popular, we had the Koolaid man crashing into walls, lite brites, Beast Wars, Pokemon, 90s fashion hasn't died out, people still wear hoodies and jeans to this day, everything was cool and radical, it's also the era where I rejected humanity in favor of machines.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i would say 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990,2000 to now 2021
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2021
    Back in TS2 days, I had my own forum for it which included a board for members to partner with others to write and post roleplay stories. I partnered with a member and together we developed a story set in the Pleiocene Epoch of the Ice Age 25,000 years ago. It was called Mammoth Mountain. My character was Kimmba. I would LOVE it if we had a gameplay pack in such an era since my partner and I had a plot outline with characters, settings, etc. well fleshed out to write.

Here's my TS2 character I made and a header for the story. *Note - There were no dinosaurs in this era, only wooly mammoth, saber-toothed tigers, cave lions & bears, wooly rhinos and aurochs. Probably not very realistic to expect they could do something like this, but one can dream. :)

NSYZfkx.png

Realistically, I would love something for the 60s or 70s eras. Especially 70s since that's when I was a teen, late 70s, early 80s. Think That 70s Show. ;)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    1920’s. Think “The Great Gatsby”.
    I love vintage and/or Victorian clothes. Sims 3 definitely surrounded the idea of vintage especially with roaring heights.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Personally, I'm a fan of the 1430s.

;)
  • TuskorTuskor Posts: 13 New Member
    Victorian Era. Obviously, class withOUT the sass.
    Victorian area with werewolves
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2021
    None of these.
    None as an expansion pack but I'd take 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s as a stuff pack.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I love the idea of a Victorian/Edwardian/Art Nouveau collection. I also like the 1930's Art Deco style. There could be a Goth/Georgian (1700's) for all your formal goth, Marie Antionette, vampire and piratey needs.

The one I least wish to see is 60's/70's.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    70 AC. I want an Ancient Rome Pack with columns, horse races, a gladiator career and the volcano Simsuvius destroying Pomsimvi.
  • MikeDKMikeDK Posts: 3 New Member
    I voted other because the Sims could bring back, futuristic living with 22nd-24th century living.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I chose "Other". I'd like to see 2100's stuff. Really advanced gizmos. Let your imagination run riot.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    70 AC. I want an Ancient Rome Pack with columns, horse races, a gladiator career and the volcano Simsuvius destroying Pomsimvi.

Yes please! We already have a legionary outfit from the Halloween pack, now we need a fully-fledged ancient world :)

Maybe they could introduce a Sim world with 3-4 different neighbourhoods and each neighbourhood could be one of the main ancient civilisations of the Old World, for example ancient Egypt, ancient Greece, ancient Rome and Celts. The BB & CAS items would be awesome - even to use in other worlds. Think of the columns, pottery, cauldrons, jewellery...

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2021
    60’s and 70’s. Peace! Hippie clothing definitely!
    Gotta be the stone age. I always wanted one of those dino cranes and the first sim baby will be called Pebbles.

But yeah - 60s would be good
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Not sure what era this was, but the industrial age might be cool- with farming, city life, and possibly becoming an entrepreneur (did I spell that right?). Discover steel, own a factory, and be the first one to invent the Simlish version of (insert idea here). What businesses will rise to the top, and what ones will fail...?
    edited July 2021
    Not sure what era this was, but the industrial age might be cool- with farming, city life, and possibly becoming an entrepreneur (did I spell that right?). Discover steel, own a factory, and be the first one to invent the Simlish version of (insert idea here). What businesses will rise to the top, and what ones will fail...?

We all know that my business will rise to the top, I present to you Slayboy Magazines for all your undead needs ;) , we got sexy models like Queen Bonehilda, The Grim Reaper and The amazing the Vatore Siblings, we also have assortment of ghost models if you're into that.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    For 5 simoleons, try my latest invention. I call it... Bubble gum!
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I would <3 DIE <3 for a Victorian Pack. Clothing from all of those decades would kill me. From the circular crinoline skirts of the 1840s-60s to the Bustle skirts of the 1870s-80s to the gigantic poufy sleeves of the 90s.
    1840s-60s Reference Photos:
    1840s:p15324coll12-4016-full.jpg
    1850s: Jos-phine-l-onore-Marie-Pauline-de-Galard-de-Brassac-de-B-arn-1825-1860-Princesse-de-Broglie-MET-DT7.jpg
    1860s: 1978-110-25.jpg
    1870s-80s Reference Photos:
    1870s: 24a2021bb0d10890cd48243418b68d9c-1.jpg
    1880s: 7c005bbaef5d542b67ce75a09b55b362.jpg
    1890s Reference Photo:
    fe3065f43bf1d0d5df81bb0688de6dcc-condensed.jpg
    My absolute, swear to GOD favourite of these decades in fashion is the 1870s. The bustle skirts are a look and a mood.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Maybe one that hasn't happened yet? I'd like a future utopian (rather than the now-worn-out dystopian) one, kind of like the Gene Roddenberry future optimism, high-tech, space-diaspora thing, but I seriously doubt that's practical. Certainly not in Sims4.

One thing I'm so very tired of, is Sims4 being so overly focused on looks, instead of meaty, pithy, exciting gameplay. I do not CARE about clothes. Or furniture past a certain point. Simply dressing up dolls and decorating interiors gets old fast, without meaningful gameplay. And when the gameplay is good enough, how the characters are dressed hardly even matters: it's not the focus of the play. What color jerseys the team wore doesn't matter at all compared to how they played, what happened.

I want things to happen, not just look a certain way, and it seems like more and more emphasis is being given to just...looks. :( What's the point of a Sim wearing this or that, if all they can really do is go around wearing things and changing clothes so they can then wear something else? And how many coffee tables do we actually need? Do we even need coffee tables if it's not a mid-20th-century set complete with laughtrack?

I'll stop ranting now, I just don't enjoy a Sims game that is increasingly just a dollhouse. I want action, adventure, the unexpected. Enough with useless window-dressing. This is also why I now play Sims3.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited August 2021
    victorian era would actually be the perfect time period for an occult GP, Maybe werewolves, perhaps fairies might be another possibly or even the elusive frakensim monster, the victorian was when supernatural creatures peaked, after that era everybody stopped believing in them.
    Post edited by temporalgod on
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd really like to see a 90's-early-mid 00's pack, the grunge, 90's bands influence, I forget the names of a few.. maybe a mix of Nirvana to EnVogue, TLC, Aaliyah, Destiny's Child, Britney, Avril etc. I guess other people can chime into this, but yeah.. something like that, plus the fashion, the bright colors, the amazing hair styles.. from the women to men, it was in my opinion a unique time, you don't see a lot of that even today, I wouldn't even say fashion stood out too much after the end of the 2010's, but that's just me of course.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F4e%2F03%2F8b%2F4e038b3998c83c0d5906438ce29a8daa.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.-6wkfWixCIMRa6uUUHTCgQHaJ7%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.p31B10w_2byUf7I-BpZ55gHaHU%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.eq62gqjMcleEyUcFxEXm1wHaLC%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.oji74SdluwnPgcJX8oEu3gHaJX%26pid%3DApi&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.5CJKa7GFg4GYJsghpgnTEAHaEK%26pid%3DApi&f=1
  • LShresthaLShrestha Posts: 3 New Member
    Medieval would be nice to have again. As well as Steampunk.
  • coolskeleton95coolskeleton95 Posts: 11 New Member
    Definitely not a full EP, but a stuff pack dedicated to the weird, wacky, stuff that came from Y2K fashion would be nice. They could even reuse some of the sims 2's concept art for cas and bb assets, like Ophelia Nigmos's shirt.