Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What decade should we have as an expansion pack?

What era do you think we should have as an expansion pack in the game? I am curious. That’s why I made this poll.

What decade should we have as an expansion pack? 121 votes

60’s and 70’s. Peace! Hippie clothing definitely!
14%
Martinvzagboorulesxx8lobo8xxJMEllis2020ModerateOspreyStrawberryYogurtBlueR0sejoRN1414Behappy1stlogionBrookeBCreativitydominoes007havsplantoramaniaaahymnhehimLucy_Simsbookwormsimmer25M3LLYCHAN 18 votes
80’s and 90’s.
19%
Isb917MarkooshncisGibbs02barracuda1574hellokitty1496ChadSims2DominicLaurencecalaprfyddd994simvasionVanPelt81DianesimsPatriceEliteGirlGeminiRosecarpe_diemSnowBnuuyMak27flaminganakinbluedanube 24 votes
1950’s. Housewife dresses are cool.
10%
LeGardePourpresimgirl1010g01denswancomicsforlifeMrsC1990TopNotchToddlerHallie22TwinkiesLAjpsulsuldagdagDivaDogsMineBloxKyCleoDarlinglilarose133 13 votes
1920’s. Think “The Great Gatsby”.
9%
redrogue60HimRumiMizzila1297ChampandGirlieMasonGamerkappowanKyreRoenFreezerBunnyCowplantAuroraskiesReaganboganClarity88georgia_simsx 12 votes
Victorian Era. Obviously, class withOUT the sass.
19%
EarcatMariefoxprice83TeeSeaBabykittyjadeGracieO312bixterstexxx78sinnyoncex4m1r4SeashoreLiviasimsplayer86SiggDiggitPurpleHeatherMyriadSimsFlikka_FlikkaTARDISgradeHauk150Helentedscecesims41Lulu29 23 votes
None of these.
12%
MichelleWPlayerSinger2010haneulluthienrisingjheyjuneiceOnverserHearts4uChazzzykaiwrysimsFranko30Lady_Balloraghamrick75Geralt_ofRiviaVeeDubfoxymulder 15 votes
Other decade (list in this thread)
13%
friendlysimmersalanmichael1AvatarBoyLShresthaKarababy52MikeDKLSM36coolskeleton95SERVERFRAnetney52dearie_blossomCatzillaNushnushganayStuffyMarxtemporalgodGamer_34567544 16 votes

Comments

• MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    I love this idea. I can do with more 70's items.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love all kinds of timelines minus our own 21st Century.
    My favorite timelines are:
    Ancient to Dark Ages
    Medieval to Enlightenment
    Georgian to Ragtime
    Roaring 1920s to Awesome 1980s
    ;):p<3
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    None of these.
    I don't want a decade expansion pack.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    80’s and 90’s.
    I’m going to do 1980s or 90s theme next. So a pack dedicated to this would be great 😊😎!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    None of these.
    I don’t like those dedicated throwback packs.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    80’s and 90’s.
    I’m going to do 1980s or 90s theme next. So a pack dedicated to this would be great 😊😎!

I completely agree that having a 80’s and 90’s expansion pack would be great, with video game systems from the past, and the game Battleship too.
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Art Deco houses from the 1920s!
    kotuefw0i6a31.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2021
    90s, 1950s and Victorian era are all nice,

with Victorian you can have Werewolves, since it was when the Old World and the New World interwined plus some people seem to forget the Wild West also took place at the same time as the Victorian era aka the 19th century,

with the 1950s you have Greasers, Poodle skirts, Drive Ins Theatres, Roller Blades, Backseat Bingo/Car Woohoo/Makeout, it's definitely the perfect era for cars to be added into the Sims 4 if you're not a fink... dig.

The 90s is basically my childhood so expect a bunch of Pokemon, Digimon and Dragonball parodys, plus skate boards, tamagotchi, furbies and moon shoes, it's also the time period when Beast Wars came out aka the Greatest Transformers series in existence.

I'd add ancient Greece, I love their mythology and I would love to see that implemented into sims 4,

I would also love Prehistoric era or an Ice Age era, you get to live in caves, carry clubs and other stone tools plus you can have pet Dinos, Sabertooths or Woolly Mammoths.
    edited July 2021
    80’s and 90’s.
    I was thinking also other things, such as playing with puppets like "Lambchop's Playalong", playing with an Etch A Sketch, playing Skip-It as well as playing LiteBrite and Battleship games. We could also use landline phones and Walkman CD players as well as play with K-Nex and use the slip and slide VCRs to play video games such as Nintendo 64 and Playstation or watch TV.

I was thinking these desserts for the 80's-90's expansion pack:
    Gushers
    Fla-Vor-Ice
    Warheads
    Minute Maid Juice Bars

I was thinking these clothes for the 80's-90's expansion pack:
    Flares for Men and Women
    Pastel Colored Long Sleeved Shirts
    Halter Tops with Skirts
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wish there was a way to progress through the ages so we could play in any time period we want. As things get “invented”, it unlocks a new era with new fashions and technology. Or we could just set the time period as modern as we like. This would likely be too complicated for an expansion pack, but it would be nice foundation for a future Sims game. I’ve always wanted to play this way but I’m sure it would require more mods and setup than I’m willing to undertake.
    babajayne wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to progress through the ages so we could play in any time period we want. As things get “invented”, it unlocks a new era with new fashions and technology. Or we could just set the time period as modern as we like. This would likely be too complicated for an expansion pack, but it would be nice foundation for a future Sims game. I’ve always wanted to play this way but I’m sure it would require more mods and setup than I’m willing to undertake.

They did have Sims Medieval which was a great game, with 10/10 score from me.
    edited July 2021
    80’s and 90’s.

Sounds too difficult. Unlocking things in The Sims 4 is difficult enough. I suggest being able to use a time portal instead of having to “invent” stuff in order to travel to the past. “The Sims 3: Into The Future” proved using time portals work when it comes to playing “The Sims” series.

Or we could do three separate expansion packs: An 80’s/90’s one, a 60’s/70’s one, and a Victorian themed one that has werewolves/werevamps in it. And have the 50’s and the 1920’s one be game packs, and the sims Medieval one as a stuff pack. That way everyone wins!
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
    EliteGirl wrote: »

Sounds too difficult. Unlocking things in The Sims 4 is difficult enough. I suggest being able to use a time portal instead of having to “invent” stuff in order to travel to the past. “The Sims 3: Into The Future” proved using time portals work when it comes to playing “The Sims” series.

Or we could do three separate expansion packs: An 80’s/90’s one, a 60’s/70’s one, and a Victorian themed one that has werewolves/werevamps in it. And have the 50’s and the 1920’s one be game packs, and the sims Medieval one as a stuff pack. That way everyone wins!

werevamps sound like Gangrels, Gangrels are from Vampire the Masquerade, they're one of the 13 vampire clans, they're loners that shun modern society by living in the woods and specialize in shapeshifting, they also permanently become more animal like whenever they frenzy.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lets make class a thing again😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited July 2021
    80’s and 90’s.
    EliteGirl wrote: »

werevamps sound like Gangrels, Gangrels are from Vampire the Masquerade, they're one of the 13 vampire clans, they're loners that shun modern society by living in the woods and specialize in shapeshifting, they also permanently become more animal like whenever they frenzy.

Werevamps are werewolf/vampire hybrids. Not all of them are loners that live in the woods. Like some werewolves and vampires, werevamps don’t control of their turning into werevamps.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Any decade without electricity and electronics. I hate how sims have to use tech for everything, e.g. adoptions, writing a book, enrolling in uni, writing love letters.
    edited July 2021
    80’s and 90’s.
    90s, 1950s and Victorian era are all nice,

with Victorian you can have Werewolves, since it was when the Old World and the New World interwined plus some people seem to forget the Wild West also took place at the same time as the Victorian era aka the 19th century,

with the 1950s you have Greasers, Poodle skirts, Drive Ins Theatres, Roller Blades, Backseat Bingo/Car Woohoo/Makeout, it's definitely the perfect era for cars to be added into the Sims 4 if you're not a fink... dig.

The 90s is basically my childhood so expect a bunch of Pokemon, Digimon and Dragonball parodys, plus skate boards, tamagotchi, furbies and moon shoes, it's also the time period when Beast Wars came out aka the Greatest Transformers series in existence.

I'd add ancient Greece, I love their mythology and I would love to see that implemented into sims 4,

I would also love Prehistoric era or an Ice Age era, you get to live in caves, carry clubs and other stone tools plus you can have pet Dinos, Sabertooths or Woolly Mammoths.

I like your suggestions of Drive In Theaters, roller blades and car woohoo/make out. That’s why the 1950’s would be a great game pack. That and the 1950’s style housewife dresses too.Ancient Greece mythology sounds good too.

• TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I need a Victorian pack (CAS & BB) <3
    Tudor and Georgian would also be welcome.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    60s to 80s, for me definitely. Although, I don't think we really even need an expansion pack, maybe a gamepack at MOST? But honestly a stuff pack would probably be the most fitting for any of these themes. Especially for older eras where the modern locations would clash with the a "Victorian/Edwardian/etc" world far too much.

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I'd rather go to Medieval times, one because I'm a fan of the mythology of those times. And two, well one is enough really.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    WAIT, BUT THIS COULD TIE INTO CARS! WITH LIKE HIPPIE VANS. Sorry for the caps, new features get me excited! :D
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • CleoDarlingCleoDarling Posts: 3 New Member
    1950’s. Housewife dresses are cool.
    I'd love to see all of them as an option for this poll.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Victorian Era, is my favorite! :)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I voted 1920s but maybe roll a bunch of eras into one pack? I know they have brought out some historic content. I'm playing a modern save at this time but yes, I could add some beautiful art deco or Roaring 20s stuff into that. I'm also fine with historic-crossed-with-modern in this version of the game since I'm playing a modern game. I could see doing the decades challenge if I weren't already going with my own game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.