Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Personality Overhaul Idea. Mix the points system with a more in depth traits system.

So with the lactose intolerant trait coming with Cottage Living, it's become more apparent the traits system doesn't make sense. Lactose intolerance, being vegan, or vegetarianism, for example, are not personality traits.

I think we need to combine traits with the reintroduction of the points system from Sims 1 and 2. Everyone has a level of neat, outgoing, activity level, creativity level.. etc. Every sim should have that because from the get-go, that makes every sim behave differently no matter what. On top of each point based personality trait, there could be a good and bad trait associated with each. Like, you could choose the never nude trait for low level outgoing, or make give super neat sims an obsessive clean freak trait to really amp up their distaste for filth.

Anything related with food should be it's own trait under an eating preference option. You can pick your sims favorite food, then add traits of intolerance, or veganism, vegetarianism, etc... It could affect each sims health. Imagine going on a date with a sim you didn't know what vegetarian, and you ordered them a steak. That'd add some nice tension and drama.

Skill traits could be their own category as well, similar to talent badges. This is where painters could come in. For example, a sim with low points in creativity could still take the painter trait, but it would mean they start out worse and take longer to really hone their craft, where as a sim with high creativity points could level up faster and get more enjoyment from it. There could be similar traits for musicians, or athletics, or for charismatic sims.

All in all, I think a complex system like this would truly make each sim different as it immediately gives all sims conflicting personalities as well as special talents that make them even better or worse in specific areas of their life.

Comments

• EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    I agree that vegans, vegetarians, and lactose intolerant are NOT personality traits. The reason people are vegan, vegetarian or lactose intolerant is because of what foods their bodies can and can’t tolerate.But there are too many food intolerances and allergies to fit the “The Sims 4” game. Such as gluten free/wheat free, nut free, dairy/milk free, soy free, NO fish/seafood, etc. I suggest instead of having the point system, we just remove the lactose intolerance and vegan/vegetarian personality traits and let the sims eat what they want?