Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July 8th - The Sims 4 Cottage Living Livestream🦙

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Wow, I didn't expect all that. I loved the animals the most, chickens, cows and llamas I going to have all over the place. <3

I didn't expect they would go into that much detail, I'm delighted! The world is beautiful and it looks like it could be a witches' community...can't wait! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    except maybe the fact that there is arm chair with flower print on it that would look lovely in hyasinth bucket residence

Now I need to add Hyacinth and Richard to my game!
  • Options
    HornedCrowHornedCrow Posts: 30 Member
    Is this archived somewhere for those that missed it? I didn't even know this was happening! 🙃
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    HornedCrow wrote: »
    Is this archived somewhere for those that missed it? I didn't even know this was happening! 🙃

@HornedCrow you can watch it here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGnkwx_e8eo
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    One thing I noticed in the livestream was the ability to focus the camera as an interaction option to find a sim. Is this new or have I just never managed to use this before?

You just click on the sims portrait down at the bottom and it jumps to your sim

No, I know about that part, but it was part of the livestream where Romeo was looking for the Crumplebottom and he clicked on her picture in the relationships panel and selected lock the camera and it went right to her. I had never noticed that before
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I wish we could set outfits for gardening like we can for swimming. I like my sims to wear their cute casual clothes most of the time, but switch into overalls, gardening gloves, etc while they work. At least we can have multiple everyday outfits to switch into though.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's too long so I was only able to scan it but this pack looks soooo fun. I really can't wait for my spellcaster lady to move to this town, it's beautiful. And the animals are :love:

Have they mentioned what the updates for kids will be?
  • Options
    attaboi123attaboi123 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am so excited, but I am also crossing my fingers - I do hope none of my custom content breaks.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I loved that they didn't show the CAS and build & buy objects at all. They were shown in so many GC videos anyway, that it would've been a waste of time.
    By the way, CAS items are amazing in this pack. I love most of the clothes, but male Sims should've gotten more pants and hairstyles.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Was CAS shown?

No. You'll have to wait for the GC videos.

Well, boo. I am really looking forward to the BB and CAS assets on this far more than the critters. It's a shame that isn't featured. I guess I can save the time I'd have spent watching.
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    One thing I noticed in the livestream was the ability to focus the camera as an interaction option to find a sim. Is this new or have I just never managed to use this before?

You just click on the sims portrait down at the bottom and it jumps to your sim

No, I know about that part, but it was part of the livestream where Romeo was looking for the Crumplebottom and he clicked on her picture in the relationships panel and selected lock the camera and it went right to her. I had never noticed that before

It is a new update actually!

I am probably still gonna use the Where are you mod by LittleMsSam because with her mod you can also show sims your sim doesnt know. But its very neat that this is in the base game!!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love how far chicks and chickens can venture from the coop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-gTn-g-Pus

Wonder how far Llamas and cows can venture from their shack thingee
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    DeboraKaeDeboraKae Posts: 176 Member
    I think I am not going to make it to the release date!! Holy crap am I looking forward to this!! As far as I can see, someone read my mind and made it reality!!! Geez, I'm getting so crazy.. days are CRAWLING by! ;)
  • Options
    Kiwi91Kiwi91 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so excited for this pack, I have been watching lots of early access game play and cannot wait to play myself!!!!! I had an idea for you guys in the future for more options related to this pack maybe release a kit or stuff pack that expands this pack even more such as adding pigs, sheep, horses, ducks. I've also noticed that animal sheds sadly only hold one animal while the chicken coop holds at least 8 chickens why not do the same for the animal sheds? Another suggestions would be to grow your own animal feed for the chickens, cows and llamas. I'm so excited for this pack, just wanted to make some suggestions to make it even more exciting!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wish we could set outfits for gardening like we can for swimming. I like my sims to wear their cute casual clothes most of the time, but switch into overalls, gardening gloves, etc while they work. At least we can have multiple everyday outfits to switch into though.

I often make double sets of their everyday clothings, like a dress with hat and gloves, and one without. Or for a farner I think I will make them an overall everyday outfit, but with a copy that includes garden gloves, boots and perhaps a farmers hat ;) So, if I se them wearing the wrong version it's very quick to switch. For most outfits including a hat, I will make one version without the hat because I hate seeing them indoor wearing hats LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

I often make double sets of their everyday clothings, like a dress with hat and gloves, and one without. Or for a farner I think I will make them an overall everyday outfit, but with a copy that includes garden gloves, boots and perhaps a farmers hat ;) So, if I se them wearing the wrong version it's very quick to switch. For most outfits including a hat, I will make one version without the hat because I hate seeing them indoor wearing hats LOL.

I change their clothes a lot if they are wearing the wrong stuff, too. I love that we can just click on the sim to make them change clothes, rather than sending them to a dresser or mirror every time. Such a time saver!
  • Options
    LauraaaaKLauraaaaK Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys. I really love the cottage which is shown on the trailer. Sadly, I can't see it in the world. :( Do you know if it's available somewhere?
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    When will the trailer sims be added to the gallery? I'd love to have the girl that always got attacked by chickens and the girl with purple hair in my game!
  • Options
    TomiowTomiow Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys, please help me with this question!
    What happens with the “mayor” once the NPC Lavinia Chopra dies? There’s no mayor anymore? The game creates a new mayor?🧐
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Tomiow wrote: »
    Hey guys, please help me with this question!
    What happens with the “mayor” once the NPC Lavinia Chopra dies? There’s no mayor anymore? The game creates a new mayor?🧐

The game will generate a new sim to be mayor.
  • Options
    mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    How long does it take for a chick to age into a chicken or rooster?