Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July 8th - The Sims 4 Cottage Living Livestream🦙

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I love the fence around the chicken coop. That whole area in general is cute.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »
    How do we watch it?

Link is in the first post.

@simgirl1010 The link doesn't work. Sends me to watch Inside Maxis.

It's the right link, the new content is just not active yet, so it's playing old content for the next six minutes.

Oh right. Was given the wrong time then.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    So apparently you can have challenges on community lots, which is awesome.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    The random sim jogging up in the background and doing push ups made me laugh so much.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Foxes can actually eat bunnies! I have conflicted feelings about this.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I love how endearing this pack is. The ponds look awesome!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm in love with the ponds. Nothing was really a surprise, but the pack looks very well rounded and properly detailed. Not to mention the update! So much is coming in the update. Definitely worth the preorder.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Was CAS shown?
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Dude... This looks amazing!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Such a dream pack! I love the world so much! I do wish the ponds were swimmable, but I just won't use that tool, darn it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Was CAS shown?

No. You'll have to wait for the GC videos.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well that was one hella boring LS. Not that much gameplay I can already see it's not gonna stay interesting that long. Missed opportunity to add a sort of animal veterinarian that you can call at home if your animals get sick. Missed opportunity for tractors. We could have at least gotten more animal options like pigs, ginea pigs, sheeps, goat etc. 40$ seems a lot for what we get.

Oh and the world is ridiculously small.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I thought it was a wonderful livestream! My sims are going to love living in HOB.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Wow, the whole world is so interactive! Tons to see and do and click and interact with. Love it!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    This looks really good! I love the chickens and the other animals! Only two weeks to go!

I haven't been this hyped since Seasons!
  • Options
    GeminiChickGeminiChick Posts: 16 Member
    I’m excited about this pack, but I have a frustration.
    Based on the trailer and initial information, I thought that the kids cooking/gardening and the ponds were part of the pack, as it was highlighted that way. This made it feel like a great expansion and all seemed part of the theme.
    But, after watching the livestream and reading the latest 411, these things are going to given as a base-game update. It’s frustrating that these items were highlighted in the trailer and livestream and then be told that it’s not pack exclusive.
  • Options
    It's odd that they made one of the cousins black. I want one of my sims to be mayor.

But I was pleased with what I saw.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    One thing I noticed in the livestream was the ability to focus the camera as an interaction option to find a sim. Is this new or have I just never managed to use this before?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    One thing I noticed in the livestream was the ability to focus the camera as an interaction option to find a sim. Is this new or have I just never managed to use this before?

You just click on the sims portrait down at the bottom and it jumps to your sim
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Haven't seen it yet but I know it's good!!😆😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ohh I forgot about this! Excited to watch it during lunch time tomorrow :love: i also have a week off when it releases, so I'm pumped!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    My daughter and I caught the last 10 minutes of the livestream, but after it finished, we went back and watched it in its entirety. We're both really excited about adding "the HoB" to our Sims world. If Z giggled and said "Pause that! Oh! Run it back so I can see that again!" once, she said it a hundred times.

Our family traveled to England a few years ago and visited the Cotswolds, so we're especially delighted to see that area come to life in Cottage Living.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Hey, I just realised they didn't show sims cooking together in its entirety. I wonder why?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Hey, I just realised they didn't show sims cooking together in its entirety. I wonder why?

They had to get through everything in an hour so they didn't even have time for CAS and objects. That's being left to the Game-changers to show off.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited July 2021
    aight so i went and watched some game changer stuffs also pack do seem good but I'm just mildly disappointed that there wasn't a big surprise like "WOW I DIDN'T SEE THAT BEFORE"

except maybe the fact that there is arm chair with flower print on it that would look lovely in hyasinth bucket residence and I'm obsessed

and i love how the stitching basket doesn't have to go to inventory cause that annoys me with knitting one when its so cute i wanna display it anyway and then i have to drag to inventory to use and hngh

oh and its nice the village errands have no time limit

but yeah if you watched trailers closely and such you kind of already know most of it

one thing im very sad about though
    (but i knew id be)
    is how you still need table to have picnic

like basket is cute but can't our sims actually sit on nice blanket on the ground and just enjoy the vibes

it would have been so nice for romance too to cuddle on the picnic blanket :(

oh well. modern humans can't be that wholesome i guess. cowards can't sit where bugs might roam (but it would have also been so fun to have bug attack ur nice picnic :( )

i hope it at least works on snowy escape low table and maybe we could one day have another one thats bit more summery pretty pls
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free