Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever met a random npc and they were a spellcaster?

I've met several vampires, and aliens, but if I want to meet spellcasters I have to travel to the Glimmerbrook for it to happen. I don't know if it just me being unlucky, but I find it takes some of the fun away if I have to seek them out myself. ( I do know about the pre made spellcasters you meet in every world )

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Yup, in fact a couple of spellcasters attended the sims sessions in the park. You could tell they were casters as they left on their brooms. :D You can't always tell when a npc is a spellcaster as they don't do magic outside of the magic realm...at least in my game they don't.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sure have... like the person above me says, random spellcaster townies tend to just look like normal sims so you usually only find out they're a caster if they ride into and out of lots on a broom (not all spellcasters do this, it's a hidden trait some get) or if your played caster sees them in the magic realm

also, if you still have that bar in glimmerbrook, every npc created for it will be spellcasters. the bar regulars, the new sims that show up for knight night or bear night (if you have the packs those are for). it'll use existing sims for alien and ghost night

(a lot of my spellcaster townie gallery uploads actually started out as bar regulars or bears because of that. though i eventually got rid of the bear hidden trait on the bears since they just wore the bear costumes in the magic realm)
  • Options
    JasGabrielleJasGabrielle Posts: 17 Member
    Yes! Most of my NPCs are spellcasters and I usually find them flying off with brooms in the parks. I also rarely see any NPCs who aren't spellcasters in Glimmerbrook.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thanks everyone :) I see that I must just have been unlucky and not seen any :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yes. My latest sim is a spellcaster, but she just randomly met her husband at the Spice Festival, and didn't even realize he was a spellcaster, too, until he showed up on a broom for their first date. Between that and finding out that they shared a love of art, she decided he was "the one." :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I don't see any spellcasters in my game either, I think it's because I don't play with magic. I visited the magic realm once but it gave nausea so didn't go back. I have a sim living in Glimmerbrook but I have never see any of her neighbors flying on broom sticks.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited July 2021
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone :) I see that I must just have been unlucky and not seen any :)
    I’m guessing you will see more of them if you play some. Also I’ve noticed the more packs I have the less I tend to see overall, but I do have a big rotation and don’t usually use aliens, ghosts, vampires or spell casters.

One suggestion is go to the Magic realm and make friends with some of them you see there ( I don’t usually see many sims there period ). Then I think you are more likely to see them because being friends will most likely keep them from being culled when you add new packs.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    My game really loves to make Mortimer a spellcaster. I've already removed his powers twice but the game still insists that Mortimer have to be a spellcaster.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    That's funny, because the story I told in my head with Realm of Magic was that the Goth's ancestor had been disbarred from magic, and my Sim was working up the Practical tree to restore their lost legacy - he did the "You Have Magic, Now" spell on Cassandra. Mortimer is still mortal, however. I haven't seen anyone NOT from Glimmerbrook or the Magic Realm using magic in my game, if I didn't set them up with it, myself.

I wonder to what extent mods play a role?
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I don't think any of my sims have ever met a spellcaster. I haven't begun playing in Glimmerbrook, so maybe that is why. Or else I just haven't noticed.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    My game really loves to make Mortimer a spellcaster. I've already removed his powers twice but the game still insists that Mortimer have to be a spellcaster.

That's interesting, because the game isn't supposed to turn Premades into Townies anymore. Must be an occasional glitch that only affects some saves.

The best way to meet random spellcasters is to go to the bar in Glimmerbrook, as was mentioned above, but I've had a few others just kinda appear as spellcasters, often at city festivals.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Yeah all the time. Just go to the magic realm, the game will spawn them like crazy.

—T
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

That's interesting, because the game isn't supposed to turn Premades into Townies anymore. Must be an occasional glitch that only affects some saves.

The best way to meet random spellcasters is to go to the bar in Glimmerbrook, as was mentioned above, but I've had a few others just kinda appear as spellcasters, often at city festivals.

The game will turn any human sim into a spellcaster if you visit the magic realm. The only way to prevent this is mods, the devs have never addressed this issue. At all.

—T
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2021
    To7m wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

The game will turn any human sim into a spellcaster if you visit the magic realm. The only way to prevent this is mods, the devs have never addressed this issue. At all.

—T

Um, I play as spellcasters all the time. I have not seen a premade sim become a spellcaster since the patch after Realm of Magic came out, when the devs did indeed address the issue. All new spellcasters have been randomized townies.

Now, if I recall correctly, it was for new saves only, so that may be why you're still seeing it. But it hasn't happened in my game for over year.