Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has People Person been tweaked?

I rotated to the Jangs' household, and noticed Anaya has like 15 friends now, and hasn't even unlocked the People Person lifestyle. I wonder if they heard the feedback about People Person becoming active too quickly (at 3 friends, which could be household members)? Has it been tweaked to require a higher threshold?

On the other hand, Anaya became friends with most of these people during times I was playing another household; she had conversations with them in the background. So maybe friendships that start while the sim is not being played don't count toward the lifestyle?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think you need to actually play the family for lifestyle to progress. To my knowledge it hasn't been tweaked, but I wish they would get to it. It's ridiculous.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wish that both Close-Knit and People Person would get tweaked to not include family members; I had to clear the Close Knit lifestyle from my Sims because they kept getting Tense for having three friends...and their three friends were their children. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    @musteni Ok thanks that is probably the answer
    @stilljustme2 Yes! I think that's pretty silly.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I keep deleting people person from all my Sims. I don't do relationship decay, so they have all have a lot of friends over time. They each have a few "best" friends but then plenty of others who are more casual or less close friendships, and that lifestyle is ridiculously sensitive.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I downloaded Bienchen's Lifestyle tweaks mod. It improves the whole lifestyle system by a lot.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I've started playing new save. Sims are at home or at work mostly, sometimes to gym. They're acquaintances with almost everyone. They earned close knit lifestyle. As long as I play like this they won't be people's person. Sulani is good for isolated way of living.
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I downloaded Bienchen's Lifestyle tweaks mod. It improves the whole lifestyle system by a lot.

Me too! Bienchen and Zero has saved lifestyles for me
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wish that both Close-Knit and People Person would get tweaked to not include family members; I had to clear the Close Knit lifestyle from my Sims because they kept getting Tense for having three friends...and their three friends were their children. :/

Yeah they really need to fix this, I've seen this critique on this on the forum since a couple of weeks after the release (nov/dec -2020). I really hope they contuine to improve the lifestyles, it's a good idea but in really need some tuning/adjustments. Also still missing lifestyles for art activities. And they could have added a farming lifestyle for Cottage living.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    yeah I think I mentioned before, I'm pretty much the poster child for a Close-Knit human, which to me means minisprite and my sweetie and my parents and siblings and like 3 very very good friends. I'm already over quota in the lifestyle system apparently. Less than 3 special people makes a person a Loner, I think, not Close-Knit.