Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small update would make a big difference for you?

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Turn off nonessential townie generation. Number one mechanic complaint since launch. I understand new NPCs for maids and what not, but I get tired of having to clear out my saves by hand of twenty some random unknown and unwanted families per play session. It doesn't make my game feel full. It makes it feel cluttered and impersonal.
  • Options
    Simmer889Simmer889 Posts: 23 Member
    > @SnowBnuuy said:
    > Slow dance would be cute ;-;

Yes! I miss the slow dance option from previous games. I would like my sims to have a proper first dance!

Freeing babies will likely be a major update. However, this will make a huge difference.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    @Simmer889 - Same, the breadth of romantic interactions from the old games is one thing I miss the most. And also what you said- I really want more interactive babies too!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Adding more relationships in cas ie boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancée, aunt, uncle etc the options we have so far are really limiting.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Fixing the horrible camera, so that at any level above ground it doesn't float away when you try to zoom in

O, yes please
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Girlfriend/Boyfriend relationship in CAS
    Create your own Styled Looks
    Assign NPC roles to your own creations ( fed up with the permanent freak show )
    Stop career progression
    Stop skill progression
    No situational outfits
    Alarm clocks
    More icons

Yes, I am a control freak ! :#
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Fix the Knitting. It would be great if my Sims would Knit on there own again.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Fix the NPCs
    I don't mind pre made townies interacting but I can't handle these random npcs who constantly disrupt conversations, dates and quarrel with my sims. Nothing like an angry npc stomping through half dressed to start up a conversation with your date and turn pleasant to very awkward. I even got abhorrent conversation with one the other day and I have no idea what the chat was even about and my sims reputation took a hit
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    more kitchen appliances topload washers and dryers retro and modern furnitures cars hair and clothes for both female and male sims all ages cars
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2021
    - New maps with empty lots that fit with the "Del Sol Valley", "Sulani", and "Mt. Komorebi".
    I don't like removing most of the lots from those maps. Would love more space for building. Sure more folks agree who do a lot of building. Though I get if that is considered a larger update than what you mean.

- Biggest thing that I know would be small would more carpet variations in build mode!!!! Especially darker color ones like black and dark grey. Patterns on them would be fine but I detest the black with ugly patterns that came with the Halloween stuff pack. (think it is suppose to be "spooky stuff" but whatever.)

- I am always up for more decor. But I have too much of a wish list on that front.

- Oh and one more thing that I am not sure if it is small or large... make the food stalls (and presumably other vendors but admittedly have not tried those) auto populate with an NPC vendor. I want to use food stall in park lots (for example) without have to manually hire a vendor when my Sims visits there.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Toddlers and children having all the same hair color swatches as adults.

If I want my toddlers and children to have pink hair or green hair, I don't see why they shouldn't. I especially feel frustrated when making alien or mermaid toddlers and children, because I often use the weird hair colors for those occult types, but for the little ones I have to give them "normal" colors because for some reason EA decided not to allow colors like pink or green for their hair.

It makes no sense that toddlers and children have reduced set of hair color options. And clearly (as we saw in recent patch) more swatches can be added to the hair. So it seems like a small update to me, and it would make me super happy if they did it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DerekanthonyDerekanthony Posts: 8 New Member
    I want to see larger lots, especially for commercial use, incase you want to build a large building you can
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    We only have three trait slots and using one of them to determine my sims diet seems like such a waste. Changing the vegetarian and the upcoming lactose-intolerant traits to be either in favorites or entirely another category would be a huge improvement. I think it's very much possible, similar to how they made "off-the-grid" a lot challenge instead of a trait.
  • Options
    Clbowman0406Clbowman0406 Posts: 9 New Member
    - Ability to favorite items in build/buy as some items are hard to locate even with mods
    - Room boundary tool to outline rooms so that loft/studio style builds can use auto lights
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    - Ability to favorite items in build/buy as some items are hard to locate even with mods
    - Room boundary tool to outline rooms so that loft/studio style builds can use auto lights

These would be so useful!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Being able to do collections like in TS2 would also be such a great thing. I absolutely loved collections. They were a much used way to keep my BB stuff organized.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    FIX. THE. GALLERY.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited August 2021
    1.) More relationship options in CAS

2.) Some kind of "toggle" that flags individual sims as family or family-like. Specifically something using the same mechanic as Parenthood's "adopt as caregiver/dependent." Most of the time I don't want in-laws potentially hitting on each other but sometimes I love a good scandalous drama. However, usually the behavior just doesn't fit the sim in terms of their personality & relationships and it's just the sim's AI being dumb. A way to opt out of romance interactions for my playable sims would be great.

3.) Refining of the romance/social system. A sim having two romantic interests simultaneously isn't cheating as they are NOT committed and shouldn't get the "caught cheating" debuff when flirting with one in front of the other. I can understand the other romantic interest getting sad/feeling neglected and maybe some tense vibes in the air/convo if they interact right after that but it's NOT cheating.

4.) Some kind of "loyal/faithful" trait that would dramatically lower the chances of someone that isn't their spouse trying to successfully interact romantically with them, someone with the trait would get heavy debuffs if they did cheat, and if you tried to get a sim with this trait to leave their spouse, the odds would be very low or require a VERY high relationship bar.

5.) Polyamory/open relationships. I like the "Free Love" NAP but it being exclusive to ONLY the neighborhood its active in and not being able to select individual households to omit/partake in this lifestyle is frustrating. I am not against the Free Love neighborhood NAP as a concept, but it feels not enough and I'd like more specific customizations of specific sims and their relationships. From what I understand, a household in Free Love neighborhood visit another neighborhood together and try to romance freely and it won't fly and get jealous/count as cheating; that's lame. I like the idea of a neighborhood of a bunch of swingers, but that behavior exclusive to that neighborhood only is silly.
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • Options
    ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    for me it would be voluntary turned on that my Sims no longer drink water, milk or juice all the time even if they just ate a meal and voluntarily turned off not responding to decor they like and dislike. my sims keep stopping writing or doing homework just to react to a painting, lamp or some other decor they like.

i would like to see more bed romantic interaction as in sims3 also slow dance and other dance style would be nice.

for cas boyfriend/girlfriend, friends and bestfriends relatioshhips and more cas items for teen and up male, kids and toddlers both gender
    zodiac signs would be nice to have back and if our own sims or npc sims reacts to matching zodiac when ask for zodiac sign had been asked.

in bb i would love to have spiral stairs back and more dishwashers, washer, dryer and bathtops also items for the babys.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I wish NPCs won't interrupt my Sims on date.
  • Options
    oh I completely forgot to mention body hair all just light hair on arms and legs chest and abdomen bare back to very hairy arms and chest abdomen and back.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdag
    that would be nice to but i can see the fun to be interrupted by Agnes Crumplebottom / Miss Crumplebottom.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @ChillGarbo But this version of Agnes Crumplebottom only reacts when someone flirts with her directly. (At least that’s what a Game Changer said... The English Simmer iirc)
  • Options
    oh i thought i could have some in my game with my teen sim and his girlfriend well i can allways use her big stepbother to flirt with Agnes Crumplebottom.
    i´ll wach english simmer video.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I have said this a 1000 times before. Please fix the Knitting. It gave my Sims something to do and made a few $$. Since a patch they will not Knit on there own anymore.