Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if... (new features ideas discussing area)

KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
While comparing my real life to my sim life I questioned some features that are missing in game but that are fundamental in my everyday life. So I thought "Why not asking other sims if they have the same ideas?"

So I came up with some features missing from game that I'd find cool!

- an online marketplace (like amazon) where you can buy any kind of goods and sell your used ones (like second hand);
- the chance to get other foods with the delivery, not only pizza now available with Cottage Living pre-EP patch
- the chance to plan the meals for the family in advance (meal and time for the sims to cook it and serve it);
- new community lots like boutique (distinct between formal/everyday dresses, wedding, accessories);

EDIT 7/15
- the chance to plan activities for childrens and teen agers, such as piano lesson or sport lesson or cooking classes, painting classes. They can be rabbit holes and last one hour but could be a nice activity added to their instruction and give learning points.

EDIT 8/2
Please, be aware that this post is intended for new features inspired by everyday life.
I am happy to see your suggestions for new packs and features, but try to keep it more about your everyday life rather than sci-fi or else. Thank you!

Feel free to add your features down below!

SUGGESTIONS DIVIDED BY CATEGORIES
ACTIVITIES
- having a band
- ballet
- sculpting
- glassblowing
- sewing

BUILD
- customizable ceilings
- spiral staircases
- build items to decrease their quality over time and sims to be able to upgrade them (like repainting windows, doors, walls etc)
- updated doors to be set closed or open
- doors divided by arches (es. placing a doors but then deleting them and having only the arch)

BUY
- pool items (slides, wave machines, waterfalls, new pool loungers es. flamingo)
- new musical instruments
- hand torches
- heartshape bed
- typewriters for off-grid lots actually included with Cottage Living EP
- new romance/wedding items
- board games to be playable and used as playable deco
- newspapers & magazines

CAS
- body hair
- vintage inspired clothes
- eyelashes
- new CAS section with costumes
- new CAS section with wedding attires
- new wedding attires (new dress, veils, tiaras, bouquet)

CAREER
- truck driver
- investigator
- owning a radio station
- improved carpenter/builder career (chance to plan the job step by step)

LOTS
- churches
- graveyards
- hotels
- improved museums (sims can donate their finds and gain skills from visiting and interacting with objects)
- ballrooms
- ballet school
- bank
- themed park
- high school

MISC
- cars
- improved weddings/romance
- ability to live inside destinations worlds
- hangouts and date at selected time
- go-carts for kids
- rowing boats into swimmable waters
- open beaches
- new radio stations
- creating your own music
- bank system (loans, debts, stock market)
- burglars
- improved babies
- New poor to rich challenge
- bachelorette party
- improving childrens playing together without using toys
- a talent system
- improved game setting options to slow down skill progress
- skills slowly declining when an hobby is left for some time
- chores to be assigned to childrens
- kids saving bank account to pile up pocket money gained from chores
- dishes piling up in the sink
- mowing lawn
- shoveling walkway
- chance for sims to be bad at skills (es. not being able to max up singing but loving it and still sing your heart out while showering)
Post edited by KokoaMilk on

Comments

• Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Not sure because I don't own Nifty Knitting, but I think you can sell your knitting creations on a website, like Amazon, called Plopsy.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »
    While comparing my real life to my sim life I questioned some features that are missing in game but that are fundamental in my everyday life. So I thought "Why not asking other sims if they have the same ideas?"

- an online marketplace (like amazon) where you can buy any kind of goods and sell your used ones (like second hand);
    - the chance to get other foods with the delivery, not only pizza;
    - the chance to plan the meals for the family in advance (meal and time for the sims to cook it and serve it);
    - new community lots like boutique (distinct between formal/everyday dresses, wedding, accessories);

As I thought of these 2 days ago I am pretty sure I forgot some :D feel free to add your features!

Cars
    Graveyards
    Churches
    These are just a few of all the things,
    that are fundamental in my everyday life.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    Not sure because I don't own Nifty Knitting, but I think you can sell your knitting creations on a website, like Amazon, called Plopsy.

Plopsy let you sell only craftables items. But I mean a marketplace where I can sell directly something I don't want anymore, like a couch.
    When I play from "rag to rich" I hate to go into build mode to be able to sell something and purchase a new thing. It would be amazing to be able to sell it like on plopsy and buy something new or second hand from other sims.

Also, Plopsy is more a Etsy shop.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cars
    Graveyards
    Churches
    These are just a few of all the things,
    that are fundamental in my everyday life.

Yes! I Agree
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    More Pool Items

Pool Waterfalls
    Pool Slides
    Wave Machines
    Flamingo Pool Loungers
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »

Plopsy let you sell only craftables items. But I mean a marketplace where I can sell directly something I don't want anymore, like a couch.
    When I play from "rag to rich" I hate to go into build mode to be able to sell something and purchase a new thing. It would be amazing to be able to sell it like on plopsy and buy something new or second hand from other sims.

Also, Plopsy is more a Etsy shop.

What you're talking about sounds more like Ebay to me than it does either Amazon or Etsy. I could see it being useful, though!
  • Options
    simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    I liked what someone else said on another thread: bands, hotels, romance. For me they all work together and complete the game. Also the ability to live in destination worlds and restrict sims to their home world unless traveling.
  • Options
    So, I was just going over the stream on CoL and found out that food delivery has been implemented! So now you can have everything to eat, delivered at home, not only pizza!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

- the chance to get other foods with the delivery, not only pizza;

As I thought of these 2 days ago I am pretty sure I forgot some :D feel free to add your features!
    Good list! 😎🎉.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    So, I was just going over the stream on CoL and found out that food delivery has been implemented! So now you can have everything to eat, delivered at home, not only pizza!

I rarely order pizza, because hungry sims will just about eat anything and they usually go for the quick meals. Now, with the fresh food lot challenge they will finally have a reason to order take away food. Can't wait!
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited July 2021
    @KokoaMilk Great ideas!

- an online marketplace (like amazon) where you can buy any kind of goods and sell your used ones (like second hand)
    You can sell some things on Ploopsy, but it would be cool if you could open your own online store and that this would be accessible when playing on other households (great if you want to buy ex candles but don´t want to make them).

- the chance to get other foods with the delivery, not only pizza
    I would love to see this as an update to Dine out. Order food from restaurants but also managing customers (delivery) orders when owning a restaurant.

They can add a Plan meal option for the calendar (now when it’s a BG feature).

Click on a day on the calendar and select the Plan Meal option:
    1. Select meal type (breakfast / lunch / dinner)
    2. select portions
    3. select cook (selected sims will autonomously cook, not selected sims will wait for the dinner)
    4. add to your shopping list (new section for the notepad).
    The option Make planned dinner will now show up when you click on the fridge (if planned for that day). Sims will not cook by themselves but instead wait for the planned dinner.
  • Options
    susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    I'd love for an ability to set a time when townies ask you to hangout. Sometimes I want an hour or two for my sims to get ready, aka get their needs up, before going out
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I'd love for an ability to set a time when townies ask you to hangout. Sometimes I want an hour or two for my sims to get ready, aka get their needs up, before going out

Same, and the ability to schedule a date, rather than just having to run out of the house as soon as they call, would be great.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    I thought we could order Chinese food to be delivered? Maybe that was a different game.

I wish Plopsy would be expanded so that you can list literally any item you want to be sold. Maybe they could find a way to merge the retail tag item feature from Get to Work with Plopsy one day.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I thought we could order Chinese food to be delivered? Maybe that was a different game.

I need to check in game!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wish Plopsy would be expanded so that you can list literally any item you want to be sold. Maybe they could find a way to merge the retail tag item feature from Get to Work with Plopsy one day.
    You know, actually it would be amazing to be able to sell a product prior to creating it: for example flowers or fizz juices so that you can sell them and then create them and they won't expire

• Options
    Added a new idea in the main topic
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I wish we could get an improvement for museums. I think our sim should be able to donate what they collect to the museum and it gives them reputation and fame.

Also add more reasons to go to museums. Maybe kids can go on field trips there (a new event). And they can increase their school performance. Other sims can get increase in certain skills with new interactions or for example if they "read plaque" for a mounted fish it gets added to their notebook.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I wish we could get an improvement for museums. I think our sim should be able to donate what they collect to the museum and it gives them reputation and fame.

Also add more reasons to go to museums. Maybe kids can go on field trips there (a new event). And they can increase their school performance. Other sims can get increase in certain skills with new interactions or for example if they "read plaque" for a mounted fish it gets added to their notebook.

I LOVE THIS!

I also would love for new types of community lots or the very old one to be upgraded
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Based on real life?
    • Body hair perhaps?
    For example, I don’t think all real life dudes have this smooth, soft, hairless Dove baby skin stretched all over their impeccable bodies…
    Perhaps I’m wrong but I’m speaking from dude experience here. Unless I’m some otherworldly monster. In that case pretend I didn’t speak.
    • Fixing up and driving cars would be fun. Or become a truck driver. It happens in real life.
    • Kids could ride a simple bike or zoom around in one of those go-carts? They really do that in real life.
    • Rowing a boat in the Brindleton Bay Area? That’s right Maxis, open up that darn beach area for our sims to swims! Same for Windenburg. This is ridiculous. In real life I would never visit the beach without either dipping my hands, my feet or my entire body into the water.
    • For our sims to be able to start a band or music ensemble? This means more basic instruments (where’s the drums? Where’s the electric guitar? Where’s the bass?! ) and more “exotic” instruments such as sax, trumpets, flutes, theremins, and of course a simple, upright piano.🤦🏻‍♂️ In real life people play in bands.
    • Other creative activities such as dancing including ballroom or ballet. I’ve seen folks do that in real life.
    • Hand Torches. Either fire or battery powered. I always wanted my sims to explore areas in the dark using a torch. In real life I love using my big battery powered torch and scare the bejeebus out of my neighbors in the middle of the night.
    • Customizable ceilings. In real life, when I’m standing in a wooden shack and I look up, there would be a wooden ceiling hanging over my head. What shouldn’t be there is this blinding white void that makes me feel as though I exist in some half arssed build mode of some pretty looking simulation game.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    [*] Kids could ride a simple bike or zoom around in one of those go-carts? They really do that in real life.
    [*] Rowing a boat in the Brindleton Bay Area? That’s right Maxis, open up that darn beach area for our sims to swims! Same for Windenburg. This is ridiculous. In real life I would never visit the beach without either dipping my hands, my feet or my entire body into the water.

Oh man. There are lots of things that I want in the game that we don't have, but kids riding bikes and swimmable water (particularly in those two worlds) are at the top of the list of things that feel like omissions that are actual failures.

Like I'd love to have sculpting and glassblowing, but I don't feel like they've necessarily let us down by not adding them yet. But bikes and swimming, hmm.
  • Options
    [...]

I agree with everything!
    I miss some activities that I loved in TS2 like ballet and the chance to have a sewing room to craft "things".

And to add it to this SPIRAL STAIRS. Gosh, I miss them so much.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I wish we had Spiral Stairs too @KokoaMilk . I also wish we had the Heartshape Bed back.
  • Options
    RRyle9she_herRRyle9she_her Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this is the right board for suggesting new features, but a dream pack for me (as in it probably won't happen) would be a mystery pack. I'm not the biggest fan of the detective career in Get to Work, but I really like the Investigator profession in the Sims 3 Ambitions. It would be cool to have the return of the Investigator Career track return but you get to choose two types of "tracks":

- Private Eye Track: Where you're more of a Noir style detective in the vein of the Maltese Falcon or Columbo.
    OR
    - Consulting Detective Track: Where you have to solve crimes in a "closed circle" whodunit such as And There were None or Clue.

And for added measure, perhaps they could bring back a world similar to Roaring Heights since I think these careers could work for both settings. Alternatively, include clothing and objects that can present a retro aesthetic that's less formal than the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack. Heck! They could even have a typewriter as an off the grid computer!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I must say that we all needed more diverse radio station (R&B, reggae, country, geek rock, etc.) cause the non-diverse radio stations (Romance, backyard, summer strut, etc.) seems to make me feel like... I don't know, like can my R&B station be back this year, cause it's been 5 or 6 years during the works of all content packs of The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I must say that we all needed more diverse radio station (R&B, reggae, country, geek rock, etc.) cause the non-diverse radio stations (Romance, backyard, summer strut, etc.) seems to make me feel like... I don't know, like can my R&B station be back this year, cause it's been 5 or 6 years during the works of all content packs of The Sims 4.
    There is a need for more diversity in music. 😎.
    How about if Sims could make their own music or even own a radio station? 🤔.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞