Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your least favorite/worst expansion pack?

jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
If you can give a reason, why? What things do you wish to add on that pack? What can they change/add to that pack, if possible?

What is your least favorite/worst expansion pack? 291 votes

Get to Work
14%
Akl500PjeepjeepcatKHS12jeLlyBeAn1573JueJueMelisendreThunderbat87Mariefoxprice83robyngravesAmber8KatiardgueztaydevFelicitySim2SporeZeldaboy180may151997Felicity1169ironknight35EvaliynTwoeta_Bird 43 votes
Get Together
4%
IcewolfPlayerSinger2010DarkLady2788KennziKaigemueller_liteCinders27mrkingvneonhorn22kappowanFuried FateMonaveilsimsonthemoonSimsSlaySimmingal 14 votes
City Living
4%
auroraael14Mi9shaoscarelanorbretonAnmirlaSappySifakaLustianiciamannannarambahadoerMasonGamerCarvedCrayonRosesScobreGrumpyGlowfishCelSimsVyolla 14 votes
Cats & Dogs
7%
bshag4lvLeGardePourprebrackencat31GalacticGalSikoahGraceSimpatsyannkeekee53haneulg01denswanBabykittyjadeMyrrindrapammiechickQueenMercytwinklestick musteniAbbyZTTNsimmerChildrenofhurinCalico45HavenRose 23 votes
Get Famous
13%
bintalshamsa1aeval99simgirl1010MysanMoon_WillowSjofnYautjagirlGlimmer50emereAdria22APottswormstache999annaliese39snoepjes1210JasGabriellefiercephoenix91LewanaM00nAngelEb95Karababy52Gita 40 votes
Island Living
9%
Simsfreakmaniacalexspoom13AlexaiCynnafreindlylolElegantblkchina1alanmichael1pajamajam07PegasysKhrisstyneHarukotyanGracieO312bixtersviola-illyriaAineLoanetjennlynhfilipomelHopeyStarrVivi_WillowTree 28 votes
Snowy Escape
6%
davidp0418Beardedgeekkiwi84CheekybitshalloweenchildOnversertexxx78KyreRoenDominicLaurenceFanPhoriaPlainevillogionPeralscoed1227loonatheworldmingusssssBookBearTempest329Imagebear 19 votes
Seasons
2%
mitchiebanjoEnkiSchmidtCeridwenddd994RouensimsIsharellVeeDublucombre 8 votes
Discover University
14%
crocobauraBluegaylePrincessrozeeSSnuffyBucketPaigeisin5friendlysimmerscchant86Mindofymjalletashcrash19bevilleskybird14DreamOperatorjak135DaraviFraTacLoves2draw1812sillyangel0906elizbiz87SheriSim57 41 votes
Eco Lifestyle
20%
CK213heidi11576MichelleWNighteyesMonet11overonTheSpotted_CIsb917babajaynePlatinumblondeDevSims91loubyloulougoodcakebaker62sekojranaldmarkoToriemarbergAleia1kati77SweetieWright_84 61 votes

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I bought Eco Lifestyle on sale out of curiosity to see what it was like, but I got quite bored of it fairly quickly and I almost never use the relevant gameplay features. Also it’s one of my least favourite packs when it comes to the clothes selection that came with the pack as well, but that’s just my opinion. Maybe I’ll find a use for it someday, if I decide to do some kind of related challenge, but it’s the pack I’ve enjoyed the least so far.

To answer your other question, I actually don’t think any addition/change is needed for the pack’s gameplay and/or CAS material. It’s just that it turned out not to be to my tastes, and I don’t expect my tastes to be catered to all of the time. It’s not just about what I want and that’s totally fine!
    they/them or she/her
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Seasons
    I don't have Seasons because I don't want it. So I guess that makes it an automatic loser for me in this poll.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Get Famous
    I enjoy them all but if there was one pack I had to get rid of it would be Get Famous.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Discover University
    Discover University.

Maybe I just haven't played it enough but for me it didn't seem that great. Things just don't seem to function well, like the dorms are a mess and not that enjoyable to play in. The camera bounces all over the place while following my sims around on the Foxbury campus and don't even get me started on the bikes, sims ride them indoors? Please no, just don't do that.

As for the gameplay it seemed to be all work and no fun, I had to download a mod to cut homework time down by 50% just so my sim could have a social life outside of studying.

However saying this I do plan on playing it some more in the near future and I'm hopeful that my opinion might change, will just have to see.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't like the bugginess of Eco Lifestyle even though I have grown to like the CAS/BB and the world, Evergreen Harbor. I don't like some of the choices that were made as the focus of the pack but I can ignore them. The issue with clay balls spawning in a lot of worlds is really annoying and should be fixed soon.

I never liked the mash-up of playable careers and aliens in GTW. I think aliens would have been better off in their own pack and GTW could have had more playable careers or a better additional world to have been better. Magnolia Promenade is really too small to be functional.

This is unpopular but ROM is also not really to my taste but it isn't a dealbreaker. I know it is a style appreciated by many people.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is probably my least favourite EP, although I have had some fun with it. I simply have little interest in playing celebrity sims and so I hardly use it. However, I still think the fame system is very well done and I really like the reputation system and actor career. I would probably enjoy it more if it came with a nicer world and we had a singer career/bands.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cats & Dogs
    It disappointed me the most. It isn't really that it has the least content (there are some things I really like, such as the world), but I feel the focus wasn't where is should be. I have enumerated my reasoning in many threads, put ultimately while CAP is amazing pets feel like lifeless, moving decor that take up a family slot. They aren't fun enough to play for me and pets expansions are my favorite in every other entry. My game does not feel complete without them, and that itch never got really scratched for me.

No pet skills, no info panels, limited personality, no control (neither did 1 and 2, but I still loved and preferred them more so I could have been happy without this), kids cannot bathe, kids cannot walk, cats don't have tricks, cats don't get bathes (and quite frankly they do occasionally need them IRL), no dedicated pet slots, no pet jobs, no small pets in pack and very few added in other places, pet illness cannot be turned off or treated at home with medicine, veterinary bugs (I have gone so many times to get my pet treated and it glitches out and I have to retry multiple times), etc.

Also, it was so insignificant to their actions that I genuinely believed pets had no relationships with each other until someone told me there were files for it. I believe (s)he was a modder.

In comparison, Sims 3 Pets was all I ever wanted and brought me back to Sims 3 when I had given that series up (way too early and easily just because of the differences from 2 and the art style, but that mistake was corrected). So yeah, I could have never understood my disappointment until I got it. It more or less echoed 4's launch and hit harder. Looks great with underwhelming gameplay and no updates to the core you want addressed. (This has been changing for the BG, but since when have the old packs gotten a facelift in 4?)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together. Aside from WIndenburg, I just don't see what the point of the pack was. I never use clubs, I never go to any of the parties (not that I get phone calls for those anymore). It's just not my thing.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Get to Work
    I almost never use active careers, I should maybe more. But yes, that's why this.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2021
    Snowy Escape
    Based on the amount of time I have played each expansion pack. It's snowy escape. I don't think the pack is bad but I don't really have fun playing in that world. The activities are locked to the areas in the world, the festivals doesn't do anything for me and the new career is not fun either. I played the older packs, get to work and get together a lot when they were new and the game was pretty new as well. A pack like this after 6 years just doesn't hold up anymore.

I recently had fun going back to Eco Lifestyle and combining it with other packs and mods and I hope the same will happen with snowy escape but right now, it's my least liked EP.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cats & Dogs
    I'm not fan of Pets EP since The Sims 2, this is an eye-candy with cute animals.

EP11 Cottage Living seems to add a gameplay for the sims, it's not exclusively focused on the animals.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I don't have Seasons because I don't want it. So I guess that makes it an automatic loser for me in this poll.

Same! I don't get all the hype about this pack. If it came with a world, I might consider it, but as it stands I'm not interested in most of the features.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I really don't know why I bought this pack to begin with, ever since Sims 2 I've hated pets in the Sims. I loved the birds and the horses
    in Sims 3 but that was about it. Probably, "Oo, sims pack, get it!" :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Discover University
    Up until recently I would have said Get Famous, but I've been playing a sim in that world lately and having a lot of fun, so currently I'd have to say Discover University. The University EP was one of my least favorite in TS3 as well so I guess I just don't care for the theme personally.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Get Famous
    I have no interest in this pack. I just don't care about celebrities. Even in real life I don't have a clue about celebrity gossip. The only thing I use of this pack is BB and CAS.

For cats and dogs I also don't use the game, but the world is very nice, which can't be said about del Sol Valley (personal opinion, of course).

For all the other packs I have used some of the gameplay, the careers or the festivals.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cats & Dogs
    Calico45 wrote: »
    It disappointed me the most. It isn't really that it has the least content (there are some things I really like, such as the world), but I feel the focus wasn't where is should be. I have enumerated my reasoning in many threads, put ultimately while CAP is amazing pets feel like lifeless, moving decor that take up a family slot. They aren't fun enough to play for me and pets expansions are my favorite in every other entry. My game does not feel complete without them, and that itch never got really scratched for me.

No pet skills, no info panels, limited personality, no control (neither did 1 and 2, but I still loved and preferred them more so I could have been happy without this), kids cannot bathe, kids cannot walk, cats don't have tricks, cats don't get bathes (and quite frankly they do occasionally need them IRL), no dedicated pet slots, no pet jobs, no small pets in pack and very few added in other places, pet illness cannot be turned off or treated at home with medicine, veterinary bugs (I have gone so many times to get my pet treated and it glitches out and I have to retry multiple times), etc.

Also, it was so insignificant to their actions that I genuinely believed pets had no relationships with each other until someone told me there were files for it. I believe (s)he was a modder.

In comparison, Sims 3 Pets was all I ever wanted and brought me back to Sims 3 when I had given that series up (way too early and easily just because of the differences from 2 and the art style, but that mistake was corrected). So yeah, I could have never understood my disappointment until I got it. It more or less echoed 4's launch and hit harder. Looks great with underwhelming gameplay and no updates to the core you want addressed. (This has been changing for the BG, but since when have the old packs gotten a facelift in 4?)

If ever I was dissapointed with a pack cats and dogs is it. For all of these reasons. Pets really shined in ts3. Now I really want to love them so bad because I love pets but I can't.
    Plus I always have to get rid of them because I love big families but they take of slots and we can't control them. My dog spends all of his time outside getting sprayed by skunks or foaming at the mouth or begging to 💩 24/7. Most disapointing pack ever (for me) thinking of this makes me miss my ts3 pets rn😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2021
    Discover University
    Several were disappointing, for different reasons. But Discover university has beeen the most disappointing for me.

The town is small, and there are too many tiny lots.

It’s hard to play rotationally with it.

I haven’t really figured out the best way to do things when you play multiple sims at the same time, even in the same household. The grading system totally flummoxes me. Part of the fun is following your sim to the university. But if you are playing a household of sims that go to both schools, and they have classes at the same time, it is hard to follow them.

It is so boring to me, I think the only thing much worth it out of the pack to me is that there are additional careers snd a robotics station. Is there anything useful about research and debate if you don’t attend university?

I loved the University pack in TS 2.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2021
    Discover University
    logion wrote: »
    Based on the amount of time I have played each expansion pack. It's snowy escape. I don't think the pack is bad but I don't really have fun playing in that world. The activities are locked to the areas in the world, the festivals doesn't do anything for me and the new career is not fun either. I played the older packs, get to work and get together a lot when they were new and the game was pretty new as well. A pack like this after 6 years just doesn't hold up anymore.

I recently had fun going back to Eco Lifestyle and combining it with other packs and mods and I hope the same will happen with snowy escape but right now, it's my least liked EP.

I agree about everything being locked to the world. Now that that have terrain tools, you would think we could at least make hills children could sled down in the winter, in any world. And, a placeable skii area would have been nice too. And they could have followed TS 2 on the placeable snow boarding unit. With season many worlds get a lot of snow during the winter and placeable snow activities would have been great.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Island Living
    Island Living, because there is no gameplay.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    In real life I love pets. But, I was grossly unhappy that the dog(s) or cat(s) take up slots in the household. We only get 8 and if you're planning on your Sim having a family, we're very limited. This is also what bothered me about the horse in Sims3. Couldn't have the horse and the all the kids you wanted, too.

Also, as for what they could add that would make my day, is a bird. In Sims3, we had several large variety birds (and no, Ostridge and emu were not options) but they had large cages for them. My singer Sim, Erik Cantrell, had such a bird. It was easier for him to care for with what little time he had to himself due to his career. Plus, I'm a huge bird-lover, myself. I'm saddened that we didn't even get them in My Fist Pet, which is another reason I didn't make that purchase.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Island Living
    I still don't know what should I do in this pack except swimming and building sandcastles 😂😂. I just fond it difficult too create a goal centered from this pack.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Discover University
    It is such a grind I disabled it after trying for weeks, RL weeks, to get one Sim graduated. I did my best to overlook all the fattening food left everywhere, the pesky roommates and dorm Sims, the hassle of getting from one class to another, but in the end I just gave up. I moved my Sim back in with her parents just to get her degree and it was the last time I took any of my Sims there. But I am a rotational player with several families to keep up with and DU made it all but impossible to take care of all my Sims.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Discover University.

Maybe I just haven't played it enough but for me it didn't seem that great. Things just don't seem to function well, like the dorms are a mess and not that enjoyable to play in. The camera bounces all over the place while following my sims around on the Foxbury campus and don't even get me started on the bikes, sims ride them indoors? Please no, just don't do that.

As for the game-play it seemed to be all work and no fun, I had to download a mod to cut homework time down by 50% just so my sim could have a social life outside of studying.

However saying this I do plan on playing it some more in the near future and I'm hopeful that my opinion might change, will just have to see.

I love University, but not this version of it. This would probably be my second choice just for disappointments.
    The secret society feels like a cult to me. I don't want my sim to be a slave to sprites. No fraternity/sorority game play. School work is a grind.
    No stoves and having dormies pile up ridiculous amounts of food is an odd choice. And because the magic cauldron is considered a stove, I can't have a decent magic chamber in my custom dorm. I dislike sims always cooking mac and cheese in it in the first place.

I still enjoy university because of my custom dorms and my teen prep school for university.
    I also enjoy giving dormies complete makeovers and having them become friends and life partners for my sims.

Eco Lifestyle?
    NAPs and the world kills it for me. I also lost interest in the eco game play.
    I removed it and the only things I miss are the community spaces and shipping container wallpapers.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    The theme of Eco Lifestyle is ultra boring and mundane. It's not at all the kind of thing I feel is necessary in the game and doesn't really add anything fun for me. I still feel like it was a waste of an EP and should have been just a GP and switched with Realm of Magic (which should have been an EP).
    #Team Occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Evergreen Harbor just tied with MP & DSV as the worst worlds. Also, I don't like sims playing in the garbage too gross. :s .
    I got the silly pack when I found out I can turn my lots green, it had a cool Native hairstyle, rustic outfits & objects.