Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Doing it, AGAIN. Ugh!

*I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I'm desperate.*

I was on hiatus and came back to re-upload my content only to find out that only partial of my saves were kept including some cc content. After I let it update through origin and repaired it, it's been wonky with my settings and my gallery catalogue. I remember that I saved and favorited lots from my saves, but I CANNOT find them. I can't even find the lots that were open for display in-world. As I was clearing out my folders (deleting and adding), I deleted some throwaways (permanently) like, "localthumbcache" "lastexceptions" "avatarcache" "reticulatedsplinesview" and some crashed txts. I even did a fresh save and looked through the tray folder from TS4 Tray Importer and found nothing, except for what I published and pre-made/cc families that I've saved to my library.

When I pull up to the main menu, the showing of what scripts or cc I installed is there, so why not my personal saved content? Most of them weren't even cc related. This happens every time I try and re-install sims 4 (I'm using a different device btw). I have windows 10 hp pavillion x360 convertible, if that matters. And might I say that once I finish editing my folders, whenever I try clicking play through origin or double-click the app icon, origin REFUSES to let me play unless I remove said thing, which either does or doesn't have my updated content on there, which defeats the purpose of me solving my problem. I reinstalled origin and my games, did the 50-50 method, enabled scripts/cc, disabled in-game feature, ran as administrator, but I can't get pass the inability to continue pass the play button. Mind you, some cc will show in-game, while others won't. This goes for mods, too, and the same thing for families.

Comments

• Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2021
    I figured out where my saves were, but for the trays, I can't check in-game now because of origin not letting me through. Help?

Edit: I figured out what was causing partial issues, but I'm not sure if it'll let me re-install my needed items. They're all new and old content (no updated files were issued).
    Post edited by hellokitty1496 on