Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my servo cooking 24/7 and how do I stop it?

My servo has been cooking pretty much nonstop and I don't know why or how to get him to stop doing it! He didn't used to do this.

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm guessing you've played another household at some point before the servo started cooking food (or the servo is like a roommate instead of a played sim. that's a whole other potential can of worms there)

if the former, there's a pretty decent chance their unseen 'human' needs dropped to around 50% so autonomy checks for interactions it can do to boost its needs, notices 'hey, it's hungry', makes it go make food... it discovers it can't eat food, then notices the hunger again...

a quick shift click to cheat its needs up will hopefully fix that, but it's an irksome thing (i've had it happen with various sims at odd times, though mostly just ones with things like the 'never hungry' trait. but had it happen to a vampire before, who cooked all the time like that)

when sims are used as townies in the background when you're playing other sims it seems they often forget they've got traits that ensure some needs don't drop, whether it's things like 'never hungry' or 'never weary' or the hidden traits that make an occult sim their occult type

also... here's one of my servos that thinks its hungry, too, a townie at the sim sessions:
    a638f9f54f5c3d2bf2f1d94d93d009de.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    @kalaksed you're right! He was part of my active household, then I moved him out for a bit, then I moved him back in and that's when the cooking started. I will cheat his needs up. Had no idea they had hidden sim needs, thank you!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    under the hood, all sims are basically the 'human' ones (including pets!), so they all have those default needs.
    just, with the occult types, their specific hidden trait is supposed to overwrite the basic needs... and usually they do, but something weird seems to happen when sims are used as active townies in the background... they just don't seem to take care of themselves all that well and all their needs go down... for the occults, this can include those default needs that they're unable to actually take care of

i'm sure you've noticed if you haven't played a household in a while and go back to them, most, if not all, will have most of their needs in the yellow... it's the same thing with the occults, but really irksome when those default needs are included in it. as you saw with your servo

i hope the needs cheat worked on him... none of my played servos have had that happen yet so i couldn't tell you if it will or not. it *should*, but that doesn't mean it will...
    the one servo in the picture i shared really is a townie that i like seeing around (she works retail, which i think is silly). i've got 5 servos in my game but only two were built by one of my sims. the other 3 were randomly spawned when hanging around foxbury (like the school ghost that shows up at britechester). i've made 2 of those played, which is why another one is always created. seems the game insists on there being a townie servo for foxbury
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @kalaksed I knew that servos were 'real' sims in disguise as once when my sim built one it glitched out and was a normal sim but with white rectangles for eyes! I've used the cheat to fill his needs and he hasn't cooked yet but I haven't played for long so I don't know if he will start again. Hopefully it's fixed now!