Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the pub be a new lot type?

2...Next

Comments

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    It's disappointing that you can't own and run the pub. I guess that would take away from buying Dine Out. However, I think Dine Out needs a major update and overhaul. You should be able to own a restaurant and work as the chef/cook or tend bar. I hate to say that we need restaurant kits or stuff packs because that would make people angry, but I want to see them improve this pack to better fit the EPs and GPs we have now. I will forever be bitter that they made it DLC instead of including restaurants in the base game. They could've given us basic restaurants in the Base Game and expanded upon it with Get to Work to allow us to own and run the restaurants. Anyway, I like the look of this new pack, but Sims 4 EPs are ALWAYS hindered by the bad decisions they made early on.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    It's disappointing that you can't own and run the pub. I guess that would take away from buying Dine Out. However, I think Dine Out needs a major update and overhaul. You should be able to own a restaurant and work as the chef/cook or tend bar. I hate to say that we need restaurant kits or stuff packs because that would make people angry, but I want to see them improve this pack to better fit the EPs and GPs we have now. I will forever be bitter that they made it DLC instead of including restaurants in the base game. They could've given us basic restaurants in the Base Game and expanded upon it with Get to Work to allow us to own and run the restaurants. Anyway, I like the look of this new pack, but Sims 4 EPs are ALWAYS hindered by the bad decisions they made early on.

Hopefully we'll be able to run our own businesses/earteries/bars in Sims 5 the way WE want to. In Sims 4,you play the way EA wants you to.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Hopefully we'll be able to run our own businesses/earteries/bars in Sims 5 the way WE want to. In Sims 4,you play the way EA wants you to.

I think you can run a bar with Dine Out. The restaurant has the option for a bar, and you could customize the menu to serve mainly drinks. Also, if you run the restaurant, you can actually tend the bar yourself.
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Ownable business ?

Unfortunately no. At least in the gamechangers videos, if you play with the Scott's household they no longer own the pub
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    Own your own pub that would be cool