Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Challenges

The gurus have confirmed that in addition to the lot challenges coming with Cottage Living (simple living and the fox one), and Off the Grid (base game), there will be other challenges related to other packs.

I’ve had a look at the existing lot traits, and noticed a lot of the ‘negative’ traits have had their description altered to include what pack they are from, while the others haven’t been changed (even if they are from another pack).

The lot traits that have changed are ‘cursed’, ‘filthy’, ‘gremlins’, ‘grody’, ‘landfill lot’, ‘quake zone’, ‘reduce and recycle’, ‘spooky’, ‘volcanic activity’ and ‘off the grid’ (the only base game one).

Given that only these have changed, I suspect these will be considered lot challenges and no longer count towards the 3 lot trait limit (there won’t be a limit for challenges).

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2021
    Quake Zone give a Fear moodlet.
    I don't know if Filthy have effects on Bust The Dust kit.

Needs TLC could become a challenge.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    It’s interesting that the Creepy Crawlies lot trait isn’t part of this considering a Sim can become poisoned and potentially die from being bitten by a Creepy Crawly.

I guess it’s cool that they’re freeing up slots for the lot traits. Is the Challenges system only going to be in CoL but cross pack compatible or is it a base game update?
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    It’s interesting that the Creepy Crawlies lot trait isn’t part of this considering a Sim can become poisoned and potentially die from being bitten by a Creepy Crawly.

I guess it’s cool that they’re freeing up slots for the lot traits. Is the Challenges system only going to be in CoL but cross pack compatible or is it a base game update?

Yeah I was a bit surprised that Creepy Crawly didn’t count, it seems like more of a challenge than filthy or spooky.

I’m assuming it will have to be base game since they’re reclassifying elements of other packs, it would be strange to list them as lot traits for some players and challenges for others.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I assume the following lot traits will be converted into challenges:
    Cursed
    Filthy
    Gremlins
    Grody
    Landfill Lot
    Off-the-Grid
    Quake Zone
    Reduce and Recycle
    Spooky
    Volcanic Activity
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    Cursed
    Filthy
    Gremlins
    Grody
    Landfill Lot
    Off-the-Grid
    Quake Zone
    Reduce and Recycle
    Spooky
    Volcanic Activity
    I’m hoping they will add a clothing challenge next….. I want my sims to have to own the clothes they wear.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Cursed
    Filthy
    Gremlins
    Grody
    Landfill Lot
    Off-the-Grid
    Quake Zone
    Reduce and Recycle
    Spooky
    Volcanic Activity
    I’m hoping they will add a clothing challenge next….. I want my sims to have to own the clothes they wear.

I'd love to! the flames of my hopes were low but with the challenge of the food they burned again! We just need to be able to create our clothes or buy them as a challenge!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    What changes will turning them into Lot Challenges make? Sorry I've never used the Lot Challenge feature before.
    Will it add more content or levels, or will it be more difficult?

Or is it just a name change?
    bixters wrote: »
    What changes will turning them into Lot Challenges make? Sorry I've never used the Lot Challenge feature before.

The last patch only adjusted their description, I doubt the trait itself will actually change at all.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    bixters wrote: »

The last patch only adjusted their description, I doubt the trait itself will actually change at all.

That's a bit disappointing. I assumed Lot Challenges like Tiny Living and the Haunted House trait from Paranormal Stuff had a bit more depth to them, so I thought they'd add to them.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Opened my game today and it is Sunday 8:29 pm game time and the Sims Session is GONE - 😢😭😿 - I secretly hoped they would let it stay in game. I really enjoyed it.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Wow thanks for all that insight! I did suspect those would be changed but it’s nice to have more off a solid reason to believe it than just speculation
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Will it be possible to add on more than three to the challenge lot traits?
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Will it be possible to add on more than three to the challenge lot traits?

I think the gurus said there won’t be a limit
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yipee :p Thanks @Childrenofhurin :)
  • _Knike1214__Knike1214_ Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Childrenofhurin said:
    > I think the gurus said there won’t be a limit

I'm pretty sure that I've heard this too. Although having too many could probably lead to challenges mixing and not being possible.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Cursed
    Filthy
    Gremlins
    Grody
    Landfill Lot
    Off-the-Grid
    Quake Zone
    Reduce and Recycle
    Spooky
    Volcanic Activity

I hope they strengthen them. I rarely encounter the effects, even though my homes all have these traits.
    There's an article on sims community (https://simscommunity.info/2021/07/14/the-sims-4-cottage-living-all-about-lot-challenges/) that claims "We’ve gotten a list from The Sims Team of all the Lot Traits being converted into Lot Challenges" - the list includes all the traits discussed above, plus the 'creepy crawlies' trait is also included.

One aspect I hadn't noticed before is that there is a 'randomise' button for lot challenges, which could be fun.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I’m curious, if you used the creepy crawly trait before could your sims die if they got bitten by the bugs? I never wanted to use it because I thought they might be able to die, though I would have loved to use it to make sims feel uncomfortable in a lot.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’m curious, if you used the creepy crawly trait before could your sims die if they got bitten by the bugs? I never wanted to use it because I thought they might be able to die, though I would have loved to use it to make sims feel uncomfortable in a lot.

My Sim gets bitten practically every day but has had no lasting effects.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: