Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Sessions: Concert Yet Missing Concert Goers

MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
Hey simmers:

So I thought this "Sims Sessions concert" would be interesting and overall, I would say it was nicely done. The only issues I had was that:

a) There wasn't more variety in the music performed (ex. I was waiting for someone to show up with a guitar).

b) There definitely wasn't enough concert goers in attendance. Especially, for the main headliner which I take was supposed to be Bebe Rhexha

c) None of the performers turned up in my gallery as I wouldn't mind adding Bebe Rhexa to my game. Btw, some players just posted her costume is available in CAS. So I Guess you can make your own version and as mentioned by another poster below, someone has downloaded some good versions on gallery, too.

Anyway, If they can adjust or improve the above issues, I would love for this "Sims Sessions" to this stay in the game or as a frequent event and not just for a limited time. What did anyone else think?

Also, did anyone else think it should have been more concert goers? In my game, about 15 sims showed up. But I would expect at least double that.

On a side note: Since January of this year, been having issues with seeing Sims show up at the National Park in my Outdoor retreat destination. I used to see several sims walking around the park or entering the cabin on the lot and now, zero. In the Get Famous pack, award shows are not packed with more sims either and I guess weddings are ok if they are not attended by many because you pretend to not have a big wedding, I guess. It's all a little annoying also because when you see trailers or ads concerning these events, there's always more sims around, lol.
Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
Post edited by MsKatieRose on

Comments

• Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Well, there isn't really a guitar on the stage, and maybe it would take extra work for there to be more than one instrument for the performers to use? There was a decent crowd in my game. Considering how little the stage area is, there's probably only a certain amount of room for sims. And finally, someone under the Gallery ID of LuddySimmer has uploaded all 3 performers.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Had a decent number of Sims when I sent my family over to the concert; I was disappointed that there were no T-shirts for kids as I wanted my little girl to wear a Glass Animals T-shirt (should probably pick one up though for when she hits Teen). Didn't see Bebe on my trip but saw the other two, but now I want to go see if I can find the outfits. The other disappointment was the park was deserted other than the concert area; I sent my little girl off to play for a bit but there were no other children for her to meet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Had a decent number of Sims when I sent my family over to the concert; I was disappointed that there were no T-shirts for kids as I wanted my little girl to wear a Glass Animals T-shirt (should probably pick one up though for when she hits Teen). Didn't see Bebe on my trip but saw the other two, but now I want to go see if I can find the outfits. The other disappointment was the park was deserted other than the concert area; I sent my little girl off to play for a bit but there were no other children for her to meet.

I guess they didn't count on kids attending as I don't think I saw teens there, either. Maybe they'll do separate events for them, lol. Oh and yes, I also noticed the park seemed deserted when the event was going on.
  • Options
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    Well, there isn't really a guitar on the stage, and maybe it would take extra work for there to be more than one instrument for the performers to use? There was a decent crowd in my game. Considering how little the stage area is, there's probably only a certain amount of room for sims. And finally, someone under the Gallery ID of LuddySimmer has uploaded all 3 performers.

Yeah, except I don't think it would take "extra" work to add other musical instruments as they do appear in some of the clubs along with the center stage prop in BB, lol. That said, as I stated, there wasn't a variety of musical styles that required a guitar this time so maybe next time. And finally, I'll check the gallery for the three performers.... :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I saw maybe 9 Sims in my game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2021
    Unfortunately Maxis have set the maximum amount of sims allowed in a zone (the lot and the area around the lot) to 20 sims. So there are never going to be more sims than that on one lot unless Maxis removes that limit. If they get more than that then sims get told to leave the lot automatically.

This is why I don't like big zones in the game, I think they just make the world look empty and you can never get many sims in one area like in their official screenshots.

You have to use mods and remove that limit and then get sims to go over to the concert, which is difficult because sims that you invite over visit the lot, not the concert that is located quite far from the lot itself.

They probably have those limits because their game is designed to run on old low-end computers which is nice I guess, but everything in the game is going to be small scale unless they add options for us to increase those limits.

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Missed the 29th. Caught today. Saw Oak but not the others.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Aggy62Aggy62 Posts: 7 New Member
    I really like this concept and enjoyed sending my SIM there and had fun with it but I don't know any of these people/bands or songs. So for my generation how about: Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) - "The Story in Your Eyes", Ringo Star - "Photograph", and I know there is only two of them still alive but (Bad Finger) - "Day After Day". All good tunes that had piano.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I didn’t mind the number of sims in attendance, but it did make me laugh a little bit ... I WISH that concerts were that intimate in real life, lol. :D
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I didn’t mind the number of sims in attendance, but it did make me laugh a little bit ... I WISH that concerts were that intimate in real life, lol. :D

I did mainly because it wasn't realistic enough. But yeah, it was so intimate, you could probably reach up and touch them for sure. I also thought it was funny how my sim was acting and screaming. She was the loudest of all the other sims, lol!
  • Options
    Aggy62 wrote: »
    I really like this concept and enjoyed sending my SIM there and had fun with it but I don't know any of these people/bands or songs. So for my generation how about: Justin Hayward (Moody Blues) - "The Story in Your Eyes", Ringo Star - "Photograph", and I know there is only two of them still alive but (Bad Finger) - "Day After Day". All good tunes that had piano.

Yeah, me neither but they sounded familiar. I've never heard of the song by Ringo Starr. Guess I was always a bigger fan of the others, Paul, John, and George, lol. I also prefer Rock music-Lynyrd skynyrd, GnR, alternative, or folk rock, stevie nicks, some rnb classics/contemp, pop, etc lol.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Unfortunately Maxis have set the maximum amount of sims allowed in a zone (the lot and the area around the lot) to 20 sims. So there are never going to be more sims than that on one lot unless Maxis removes that limit. If they get more than that then sims get told to leave the lot automatically.

This is why I don't like big zones in the game, I think they just make the world look empty and you can never get many sims in one area like in their official screenshots.

You have to use mods and remove that limit and then get sims to go over to the concert, which is difficult because sims that you invite over visit the lot, not the concert that is located quite far from the lot itself.

They probably have those limits because their game is designed to run on old low-end computers which is nice I guess, but everything in the game is going to be small scale unless they add options for us to increase those limits.

Oh really, that is unfortunate. I thought it would be like at least 30 for a special event. Oh, well. Maybe, they will change that. Though probably in the long distanced future, lol.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Definitely a reason for that as people that use mod and change that 20 cap to way more the game definitely can't perform that well with a lot of sims. To the point where there's so much going on, sims seem to get stuck in thee forever loop of simulation lag. Just can't handle it. Would be different if it had the engine for it. Would like them to bump the 20 up to perhaps 25 at the very least.

Had around 14 to 15 sims attend the concert, which I thought was enough, between them conversing and hanging out. Felt this to be more so just a indie, concert rather than something overly extravagant. Too bad can't greet the artists though. Wouldn't mind seeing them up and about in game. Would like to see something like this again in plopping artists into the game (maybe expanding the variety too with instruments depending on them). Probably the most I've seen any artist or 'celebrity' actually got my interest.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Loved going the festival yesterday. Definitely worth attending! 🎉🎉🎉.

I’d love it to be a permanent weekly event and they can add more instruments and/or performers 😎. The guitar would be awesome 😎.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Definitely a reason for that as people that use mod and change that 20 cap to way more the game definitely can't perform that well with a lot of sims. To the point where there's so much going on, sims seem to get stuck in thee forever loop of simulation lag. Just can't handle it. Would be different if it had the engine for it. Would like them to bump the 20 up to perhaps 25 at the very least.

Had around 14 to 15 sims attend the concert, which I thought was enough, between them conversing and hanging out. Felt this to be more so just a indie, concert rather than something overly extravagant. Too bad can't greet the artists though. Wouldn't mind seeing them up and about in game. Would like to see something like this again in plopping artists into the game (maybe expanding the variety too with instruments depending on them). Probably the most I've seen any artist or 'celebrity' actually got my interest.

Yeah, I have maybe 30-40 sims on my lots because I increased the limit with MC Command Center, my framerate is taking a small hit but I rarely see simulation lag, it runs pretty fine on bigger lots where I have added furniture so there is enough room.

If they do this again I hope they place the stage closer to the actual lot so that sims that are visiting the lot could go over to the stage and we could easier have sims walking back and forth.

People have found the stage with the debug items and there are slots where you could place a guitar and a microphone so I would love to see a full band perform in the game like a rock band or something.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    That is the most tragic “festival” I’ve ever seen. A park, a couple of pop-up tents, a kiosk, a tiny stage and a crowd of 20 people? Yeeeesh. My mate set up a (not quite legitimate) local festival on his farm that was absolutely incredible compared to this!

But everyone else seems to be enjoying it, so no harm, no foul. Maybe this idea could be expanded into a game pack, with a destination world, much larger crowds, scenery, lighting, atmosphere, activities, etc. It would need to be A LOT more than this.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That is the most tragic “festival” I’ve ever seen. A park, a couple of pop-up tents, a kiosk, a tiny stage and a crowd of 20 people? Yeeeesh. My mate set up a (not quite legitimate) local festival on his farm that was absolutely incredible compared to this!

But everyone else seems to be enjoying it, so no harm, no foul. Maybe this idea could be expanded into a game pack, with a destination world, much larger crowds, scenery, lighting, atmosphere, activities, etc. It would need to be A LOT more than this.

TS3 did it better. Unfortunately, TS4 will always have to take a backseat to TS3 because well, they did stuff in a grander way than TS4 does.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

If they make a band pack then I hope they will make it so it's still fun with the 20 sim limit, like spawning sims at the stage for example so it will look crowded or place the stage on a lot in a rather small zone where lots of sims will spawn, otherwise it will just not feel like a concert.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Aggy62 wrote: »

Welcome aboard -- we seem to be of a similar generation though I've likely got a few years on you. B) Licensing issues and getting the artists willing to do their songs in Simlish could be a barrier to getting some of our "moldy oldies" in the game though.

Now if you'll excuse me, think I'll go check for some Moody Blues on the Amazon Music app... B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, I have maybe 30-40 sims on my lots because I increased the limit with MC Command Center, my framerate is taking a small hit but I rarely see simulation lag, it runs pretty fine on bigger lots where I have added furniture so there is enough room.

If they do this again I hope they place the stage closer to the actual lot so that sims that are visiting the lot could go over to the stage and we could easier have sims walking back and forth.

People have found the stage with the debug items and there are slots where you could place a guitar and a microphone so I would love to see a full band perform in the game like a rock band or something.

Didn't realize the stage was a debug item. That's pretty nifty if we're able to use it then.

30 or 40 isn't that bad. Talking about 50 and up because the game just seems to come to a complete halt with so many sims spawned. Game itself just can't handle it. Though, I think at a 30 the game would be able to handle a handful more of sims to just help populate more areas more.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

I did mainly because it wasn't realistic enough. But yeah, it was so intimate, you could probably reach up and touch them for sure. I also thought it was funny how my sim was acting and screaming. She was the loudest of all the other sims, lol!

Yeah, definitely not realistic enough ... our sims didn’t even have to line up early to be front row! Haha. How funny that your sim was super into it, lol!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2021
    In the Sims 3, Showtime had the singers and performers who performed in mock arenas and large venues. I like to think of the park sessions as the musicians' pro bono time playing in the park for free. :)

I'm like logion, increased my sims per lot to 20 per MCC and I think there were like, 15, 16 sims there, including the vendors. That's enough for me. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.