Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forbidden Love

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Surely it’s a bug.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited June 2021
    It might be a bug, but it's funny. My daughter wanted me to share it.

My daughter web-searched it and says that the only other people with this have mods. I don't have any mods, but for some reason the little boy has a crush on the woman that lives with him. She's even listed as "romantic interest" when he opens her profile.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve heard of this happening without mods. It was supposed to be fixed in an update but I’ve seen recent reports of it still happening. Have you looked at the bug site for a bug report or filed one? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    My daughter doesn't want me to do anything to stop it. She thinks it's great. She even made me take screenshots to send to one of her friends.
    The boy and his dad's lover have an option to "just be friends" and she says "whatever you do, don't push that!" She doesn't even want me to age him up to a teen.

It's not that abnormal actually. A lot of little kids develop crushes on teens and adults. The only creepy thing is that apparently the feeling is mutual. (They don't have options to flirt with each other though, just "romantic interest".)

edited June 2021
    FWIW, she is very sexy; with the romantic, alluring, and player traits. Maybe her sexy traits overpowered him? The boy's parents both have all of those traits too, and did before he was conceived. (They even named him Eros, because his mom is my seductress character.) I wonder if the fact that he was conceived as the child of two romantic characters has anything to do with it?

Another factor is that she's a ghost, but I think he had a crush on her before she died. His mother is a powerful sorceress. Maybe she cast a love spell on him by mistake? (Maybe I should test that out by seeing is she can cast love spells on children?)

His eldest sister (half-sister) just got married, and his dad looked really upset. I thought that was strange, because he was acting like a jealous sim. I thought "don't tell me he had the hots for his stepdaughter!?!" I checked his profile from her, and sure enough he was listed as "romantic interest". Ew, that's creepy.

But I guess it's ok, because they're not related by blood. But hey, he married her mom when she was a child (when they moved from xbox to my pc), so he's practically her dad.

Ack, I don't believe it! Her stepfather came up and slapped her silly, in front of the groom, at her wedding!

I'm sorry, but that's not appropriate. This is her wedding, and a jealous stepfather slaps his stepdaughter for getting married to somebody else? What's wrong with him?

So I made her slap him back.

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    It sounds an exhaustingly sexy game you're playing. Perhaps mods are making it moreso?
    Most people think this bug is sick and disgusting, and the more info Maxis has through bug reports the more likely it is to get fixed, but you do you I guess. An adult slapping another adult was what crossed the line for you, very interesting.
  • ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yeah... dat bug is a real dream for some people... who shoul be in jail yes, behind bars and all.
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    This thread is so weird, it makes an insensitive witch like myself uncomfortable for some reason.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    It might be a bug, but it's funny. My daughter wanted me to share it.

My daughter web-searched it and says that the only other people with this have mods. I don't have any mods, but for some reason the little boy has a crush on the woman that lives with him. She's even listed as "romantic interest" when he opens her profile.

Little kids have crushes a lot more than many would realize. My Global Superstar is keeping an eye on his Baby Brother, who is often engaging Erik's girlfriend in conversations. Here it is the day Erik got his frame, and little Adrian is busy chatting away with Kayleigh.

rJHdA9l.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it, too much. Even if it is a bug, in some ways it's cute.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2021
    babajayne wrote: »
    Most people think this bug is sick and disgusting, and the more info Maxis has through bug reports the more likely it is to get fixed, but you do you I guess. An adult slapping another adult was what crossed the line for you, very interesting.

I have to say, this was pretty much my gut response to this thread.

A+ for a creepy feeling thread.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No, a creepy bug would be one that enabled inappropriate interactions.

Kids get crushes - there is a NON-bug reference to this in Parenthood, with a Chance card parenting moment where the player is prompted for their Sim's response to such a scenario.

There is no indication of inappropriate conduct beyond "your kid wrote a note and we thought you should be contacted."

Have the bug, report the bug. Remember - one thing out of kilter in a save could be the tip of the iceberg that leads to a corrupt, unplayable file.
    Sindocat wrote: »

Kids get crushes - there is a NON-bug reference to this in Parenthood, with a Chance card parenting moment where the player is prompted for their Sim's response to such a scenario.

There is no indication of inappropriate conduct beyond "your kid wrote a note and we thought you should be contacted."

Have the bug, report the bug. Remember - one thing out of kilter in a save could be the tip of the iceberg that leads to a corrupt, unplayable file.

False equivalency. The “crush” is mutual with this bug.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited June 2021
    This is a known bug. It happens when several sims are in a group conversation and someone does a romance interaction that can be received by the whole group, like telling a dirty joke. The romance bar goes up a little for all sims in the conversation, regardless of age or relationship to the joke-teller. Here is the link to click "me too", or submit a save as it's marked "Needs Saves"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p/9732350/highlight/true#M161588

The cheat codes you can use to fix the relationship bar in the meantime are also described in that thread.

gen3-banner.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I never had the pink heart and love interest for a child. But something that annoys me to no end is when a parent in a flirty mood talks to a son or daughter, or anyone else minor sim, and thy will talk as if they are flirting heavily to the other sim, no matter relation or age, it seems. The other night a poor mom of 5 sat down top talk with a child son, and she even went "Rrrrrrahhhh" at him... I wish there was a filter...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2021
    babajayne wrote: »
    Sindocat wrote: »

False equivalency. The “crush” is mutual with this bug.

Only because the game isn’t programmed for unrequited crushes, friendship, or animosity. All feelings in this game are mutual.
    Only because the game isn’t programmed for unrequited crushes, friendship, or animosity. All feelings in this game are mutual.
    So that makes it... okay somehow? Because we can imagine the child has an innocent crush and totally ignore that an adult thinks of the child as a romantic interest? That doesn’t work for me, sorry.
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks,

It sounds like there are a couple different scenarios being mentioned here. For those where this applies, if you have a chance and haven't already done so, please head over to the AHQ thread mentioned here so we can gather more information to look into this further. Thank you!
    This is a known bug. It happens when several sims are in a group conversation and someone does a romance interaction that can be received by the whole group, like telling a dirty joke. The romance bar goes up a little for all sims in the conversation, regardless of age or relationship to the joke-teller. Here is the link to click "me too", or submit a save as it's marked "Needs Saves"

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Group-Conversation-leads-to-inappropriate-love/m-p/9732350/highlight/true#M161588

The cheat codes you can use to fix the relationship bar in the meantime are also described in that thread.

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    EA_Mako wrote: »
    Hey folks,

It sounds like there are a couple different scenarios being mentioned here. For those where this applies, if you have a chance and haven't already done so, please head over to the AHQ thread mentioned here so we can gather more information to look into this further. Thank you!

This has been a known bug for a really long time. Seems like a pretty important one to add to the laundry list sooner rather than later.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

It is a bug that doesn't bother me since it doesn't do anything anyways. For the accidental "romance".

However, once activated it can't be deactivated (as far as I know) so if it is bothering, which I understand, use this cheat code:

modifyrelationship Little Boy Dads Lover -100 LTR_Romance_main

Replace Little Boy and Dads Lover with the names of the Sim characters. (the order doesn't matter, could put Dads Lover first then Little Boy. You can set it to 0 too if you prefer. Keep in mind any number will add up to a maximum of 100, and any negative will subtract. So if you don't want it too low below 0, then just subtract a little bit.

With a "child" it's irrelevant anyways. The "romance" won't take affect until they are a "teen".

I never had the problem with a "child" though with romance. Interesting.

And yes, I use a simple mod now where this is much easier to fix since the mod puts all the codes in for you. That's what a mod does. ;)

I honestly LMAOed typing in Little Boy and Dads Lover for the character name examples. :D:D:D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Would the romance stay in place when the child aged up to a teen?
    I aged up a pair of teenage twins, and one had a girlfriend. When he aged up to an adult, their pink romance meter went away.

(It's just as well. I would have had them break up anyway, so he could find an adult girlfriend or wife. I was just surprised they did it on their own.)

FWIW, the romance meter doesn't bother me, because they don't do anything romantic. It's just a romance bar. I just rp that he has a crush on her, and pretend that her feelings are not the same.

One concern I've had was if they would start having romance interactions when he ages up to a teen, because then they might start having romance interactions. If that happens, though, I could always have them ask to just be friends.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Teens only are open to romance with other teens. So age-up should clear the bar, just as aging from teen to young adult clears relationship with Sims who are still themselves teens.