Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, you build a beautiful house...

You build the best house, in your opinion, that you've ever built. Its beautifully decorated, well laid out, comfy, cozy and you are certain your sims will thrive there. You hit the "Live Mode" button and discover.... You forgot to build a bathroom! How could I forget the bathroom? LOL

Its so sad and so funny at the same time. My sims are all standing around doing the peepee dance and I'm thinking, "just go to the..." "OH."

Have you ever forgotten something vitally important in your builds? If so, what was it? I'm curious if anyone else is super forgetful like me :p
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I built and completely furnished a three level house once and somehow completely forgot to put any stairs inside. I only noticed this when sims couldn't reach the various rooms on upper levels. 😂🤣😅😆 Remodelling the interiors to fit staircases was a pain. 🙂
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    There was one time I was off in my own little world I made a family I wanted to play all set up and they had three kids and I forgot a bedroom for the youngest. Ha....
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I have a tendency to forget mailboxes, indoor trashcans and/or outdoor trashcans and smoke alarms.
    But I don't think I ever forgot to build an entire room though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Doors. Sometimes I forget them lol.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Doors. Sometimes I forget them lol.
    Yeah I forget doors! 😂😂😂.
    More often if I change the design of what I’m building halfway through.

And bins too 🤦🏼‍♂️.

Once I forgot to place a bath/shower upstairs. I built a small bathroom on the ground floor which just had a toilet and sink. I copied the wallpaper and objects to the larger space upstairs but never added a tub/shower 🤦🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I stopped building back doors along time ago. My sims just needs a front door, bedroom doors & bathroom doors.
    Also, sometimes I don't even bother giving them two sinks because they constantly want to drink water & do nothing else.
    So, boring.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    No because I actually plan out my builds (not extensively, but definitely more than necessary :#). But then I fiddle around and change different parts as I play.

My half-hearted planning is below the spoiler.
    TC9VqfO.png
    lmmGxq5.png
    qw2JAA2.jpg

This is a great idea. My builds tend to come together a bit more organically/chaotically than this, but I think I'll try planning :D
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Trash cans. I don't know why I can never remember to place trash cans.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Trash cans. I don't know why I can never remember to place trash cans.

Mailbox too.

I keep wondering why the mailbox generates at the front door inside the building.

I don't think I forget, except I get stuck wondering "where the heck am I going to fit this room?"

Like this for example is still a work in progress. (Waiting for a free 64x64 lot to finish the outer wall.) aye, this build went through many transformations in the past three years oi.
    But the Main Center Tower is a Master Bedroom/Study, I'm like okay which one of the minor towers is going to be the bathroom?
    So the back middle tower became the bathroom.
    f26d748be33d313496d756b68a682e45.png

Sometimes it's good to start with, "Okay what do I want the Main dominating feature of this build to be."
    The Tower, and then build that, and expand over time, Maybe add the living room, Dining room, Kitchen, Two bedrooms... Could be three but I wanted to turn the living room into a Great Hall.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    I usually forget to put a sink in the kitchen & an outside trash can.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    oh this has happened to me few times with the bathroom

always forgotten

and for kitchen yeah the sink.
    for outdoors trash can gets forgotten often

indoors trash can i never use anyway
    or if i do i use the chute thingy

aaand yeah sometimes house layout just be so cursed that even if you already have 4 levels high mansion you can't put in extra bedroom for your granddaughters ghost so you have to build basement and put it there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2021
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I have a tendency to forget mailboxes, indoor trashcans and/or outdoor trashcans and smoke alarms.
    But I don't think I ever forgot to build an entire room though.

I have forgotten trash cans, mailboxes, and in the beginning smoke alarms too. But nothing major…. I tend to somewhat plan out my builds, even though I don’t build a lot. Most of my decent builds are of houses I have actually seen in real life, so I can copy the roof. Some of my earlier builds I laugh at…..building does certainly not come naturally to me.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    When I first started building, I used to forget rooms like the bathroom, but now I don't forget because it's second nature. I also plan out my builds with blueprints and elevation prints because I went to school for it so I use the skill. 😄😁
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited June 2021
    I hardly ever place smoke alarms but that's probably deliberate. Sometimes I deliberately don't place any sinks either... at all, in the whole house. That's if I happen to be feeling bugged about them getting glasses of water.

Lately I forget to place the shoe sign or rack and then wonder why my sims haven't taken their shoes off indoors.

Oh, and I pretty much always forget the umbrella stand until it starts raining and I want my sims to pick an umbrella other than black. Ditto for the decorations box, then I realise when I get to a holiday and they need to put up some decs.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Mostly it's trash cans for the kitchen and outside, and the fire alarm - I forget that a lot. I once forgot to put a sink in the kitchen. One time I moved a chair I wanted to keep and set it in front of a desk without locking it in while I switched desks. I shifted views and it looked like the chair was there, but my sims wouldn't sit down. Finally I figured it out "Oh, so that's why you won't sit down at the computer!"

Sometimes while I am building or renovating I'll move a piece of furniture I'm considering keeping into a different room or outside while I'm shifting things inside. I left a TV in the middle of the porch in one of my DH remodels and had to quickly sell it in the few seconds before the clients got back for the reveal. The other day I found myself wondering where my sims had gone in my newest build. It was the middle of the night and they were all asleep in the beds I'd forgotten about in the back yard!
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Sometimes i forget details, like lights, mailbox, trashcan, decorations. Few times i forgot to add extra rooms like the basement, storage room, tv room
    When i finish my houses, and boom then i notice i didn't include those details or that i missed those rooms. And then i tell myself "To build mode again!" lol :D
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    It is not possible for me to forget to build a bathroom. When you live with IBS, all you think about is bathrooms heh.

I do tend to forget to build an extra room for the child.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Always forget the outside trashcan until my sim has to perform a repair and leaves a pile of trash on the floor, and I've gotten lazy and not bothered with inside trashcans at all. Several times my sim is doing the "can't do that" hand wave and when I check where I was sure I put a door I see only a blank wall. Several times I included a basement in the design for the stuff I felt I was probably forgetting.
    The cake is a lie
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I’m not much of a builder; I usually download other people’s amazing builds. However, I always forget to make sure there’s space for toddlers. I end up cramming their beds/toys/potties in random corners of the house so I don’t mess with the original decor because I don’t want to have to redo it as the kids grow up.

Also, whatever the one important skill building thing my sims need for their aspiration/career is almost destined to live on the front lawn.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No I’ve never forgotten to build anything important but I will admit I am so rubbish with gardens and landscaping it’s my biggest weaklink.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oh, I forget necessary house stuff all the time. I get more excited about decorating that I forget the necessities. It doesn't matter though. Doors, toilets and fridges are overrated anyway. But hey, at least there are lots of lovely houseplants!
    they/them or she/her
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Oh, I forget necessary house stuff all the time. I get more excited about decorating that I forget the necessities. It doesn't matter though. Doors, toilets and fridges are overrated anyway. But hey, at least there are lots of lovely houseplants!

I think this is what I did. I got so in to making the house pretty and cozy looking that I forgot there were basic human/sim needs that had to be met :p
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Once I spent a long time building a house and after uploading it to the gallery I realized I forgot a kitchen sink.

With that same house, I had pretty much built the entire outside, added windows and everything when I realized I needed another bedroom. So, I added one next to the master bedroom. It for some reason didn’t delete the windows that were on that wall and I never realized until much later because I couldn’t see them with the walls down. My sim literally had windows looking into his parents’ room and I didn’t realize until I was renovating his room after he aged up into a teenager.

I also always forget stuff like thermostats, the decoration box, and pet stuff.
  • derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    You're in good company--Louis XIV built the Versailles palace with no bathrooms, and it's pretty nice.