March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game freezing or/and crashing

First time playing the sims in awhile. Went and spent $40 on some new packs. Now whenever I fire up the game, it always crashes or freezes. I'm assuming it's a bug. It does this even when on the main menu sometimes. But it's completely unplayable. I'm sure others experience it. Seems to be a common thing. Any word on a fix? Has EA even knowledge it?

Comments

• MariammsMariamms Posts: 13 New Member
    Mines has been crashing since last in April. They are not going to fix it.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Sorry yous both been experiencing this, Is your game and console up to date ?, have you tried using the rebuild database option it's deletes any corruption ?
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I went and restored my licenses and that seems to have helped. Still crashes from time to time. But not nearly as often.
  • jentom97jentom97 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 4 on PS4 would just crash mid game and it was super annoying and deterred me from playing after I spent so much on all the packs and expansions. I tried to curb losing data by auto saving or just saving mid game play.
  • Sensi_SifuSensi_Sifu Posts: 16 Member
    With the concert update every time I use my phone to travel my game freezes. The only way for me to travel it has to be in the same world, or wait for a townie to invite me somewhere.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Crashing on console is still an issue for some players. Which console do you play on, and what packs did you install?

Some people have said a simple reinstallation of the game has fixed this for them, but, not for all.

Here's a couple of threads you can 'Me Too' on if they're similar to what you've experienced;

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-PS4-crashing-2021/m-p/10157909/highlight/true#M13232
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/My-Sims-4-PS4-crashed-while-playing/m-p/10540214/highlight/true#M14528
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Keeps-freezing-and-crashing/m-p/10515944/highlight/true#M14385
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    I have had a few issues with crashes and in game lag. Sometimes my sill get stuck e.g. I click on go here or watch TV but my sim will just stand there and do nothing I have to come out of the game and go back in for it too work. Seems to have started happening after the latest update.
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    [quote="MrSimGamer112;c-17947262"]I have had a few issues with crashes and in game lag. Sometimes my sill get stuck e.g. I click on go here or watch TV but my sim will just stand there and do nothing I have to come out of the game and go back in for it too work. Seems to have started happening after the latest update.[/quote]

Forgot to mention I am on PS4
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    Since the last update my games also freezing or crashing on Ps4. Old saves and a new one started after the newest patch.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    They should fix the crashes.

I haven't played my old saved game since August last year because the majority of my households, many that are my favourite, made the game crash when I tried to load them. yet they load perfectly in CAS or Build mode but this shouldn't happen.

I haven't patched my game since the patch before the one that caused many games to crash upon loading their saved game. With so many issues that get introduced via patches, where's the incentive to get them?
    2quwd7.gif

• lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    My game still freezes were my sims cant move and the world around them still lives on.....Happening all the times...ugh since I bought cottage living.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2021
    lana44 wrote: »
    My game still freezes were my sims cant move and the world around them still lives on.....Happening all the times...ugh since I bought cottage living.

This has happened to me as well after Cottage Living but I'm on PC. I started a new save with one household and it was still occurring. I did a full reinstall and deleted the cache in the save file folder with the help of a guide from Carl Sims site. I was mainly just deleting the localthumbcache before. I was able to play a full week without freezing but I will continue to test. I had about 6 script mods in my folder but when I played without mods It worked. I've been playing with 3 script mods without issues so far.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    And we are back to this non sense. The issue seemed to go away for bit. I started playing again after a couple months. Worked fine until the update. Now anytime I try to place something from the gallery, it crashes. UGH EA is so frustrating. I own 🐸🐸🐸🐸 near every pack or else I'd just delete this game and move on.
    Mine was working fine until the November update now I can't load any of my households. I have spent too much money on this game for it to just not work and it falls on deaf ears. Please fix....soon
    [quote="Nikkih;c-17917896"]Sorry yous both been experiencing this, Is your game and console up to date ?, have you tried using the rebuild database option it's deletes any corruption ?[/quote]

How do I do the rebuild database? I am desperate at this moment I would try anything.