Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off the grid birthdays

I would love to see them add options for off the grid birthday cakes. A cake in BB perhaps? Or a grillable or off the grid cooking cake recipe? All my decades challenge sims are depressed for days after aging up without cakes 😆.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would love to see them add options for off the grid birthday cakes. A cake in BB perhaps? Or a grillable or off the grid cooking cake recipe? All my decades challenge sims are depressed for days after aging up without cakes 😆.

If you have get to work you could buy a cake. You could download a birthday cake from the gallery probably too.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    During the early time of the decade challenge I had a workaround with that topic. I've build a community lot, a dinninghall for the poor, where my sim had baked the cake. An off the grid receipt would have been better.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited June 2021
    If you have Dine Out you can visit any restaurant to "bring out a cake" - you can celebrate at the restaurant or bring the cake home.

That said, my sims are fed up with all those cakes years ago. I wish there was some additional way to age them up - a confetti object or birthday hats or whatever, just not a cake that means the household will eat cake leftovers all next day.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    My recommendation is restaurant or retail bakery/supermarket. You could even have themed restaurants/shops for each decade.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    My sims can have their cake, but they can’t eat it. I add birthday candles before putting it back in the fridge and they can’t eat it then. You could either do that (but I don’t know if leftovers spoil faster otg) or save the cake in your household inventory and bring it out when needed. Then once you get one cake, you can reuse that.

I don’t think it’s cruel, personally I don’t eat cake either, I prefer ice cream cake.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Excellent ideas, thanks! I didn't want to have to try to make a period correct restaurant just to avoid sad sims, so these ideas are perfect.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I just recalled - it was my sim's birthday and because bills was not paid power was shut off. I had her visiting the neighbor, directed her to the kitchen to bake a cake :) The neighbor did not like it at all, she was actually thrown out while the cake was still in their oven. Pretty close though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @Themrsg4422 What decade or time period are you up to in the challenge? I have an interest in historical cooking so might be able to recommend a way to include cake in your storyline without breaking the historical aspect. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.